I want to wear a niqab!

palestine

Servant of Allah
:salam2: dear brothers and sisters i want to start wearing niqab. that's gonna be a big change. I'm in the usa and i attend a public highschool, so i don't know what the reactions of people will be, i'm just afraid i will be targetted as a terrorist and i know my mom is gonna probably freak out, but i want to do it. cause i have much more love for niqaab then before. salam

OsMaN_93

Here to help
salam
mashallah
u kno wat .. u r a BRAVE women sis .. mashallah
btw.. i didnt kno wats a niqab :shymuslima1:so i researchd it and got a pic iff some1 else doesnt kno wat it is :SMILY346:
wasalam

niqab.jpg
PS . are yuu from UK
if ya u m8 av a small -tiny problem :(
rememba that teacher(muslim women hu got told to take it off???
and many ..umm wats the word... and many meetings wer held ..demanding she takes it off:S sum people are CRAZY ere ... u r not even allowed to wer niqab ..lol

Qur'an&Sunnah

Traveler
:salam2:
:mashallah:
My sister just started wearing a niqab last year, and I think it's wonderful. (And we also live in the USA). I mean sometimes you may face problems, but aren't you already? LOL We still wear Jilbaabs and Hijaabs and people still look at us differently so what's the difference when adding something right?
Insha'Allah this decision is right for you and may Allah bless you for it

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
May Allah SWT give u strength and make it easy on u .I can only imagine how hard it could be ,an Im so so so proud of the sisters who have this courage to put it here in US and everywhereelse.Niqab is very beautiful .Im very happy for your desicion sister ...
It was scary for me to put a hijab for the first time ,coz of people reaction ,now I just think its nothing in compare with wearing niqab...
I put it once and went out with it only because it was 30 below 0 here ,was freezing :p and I needed to keep my face warm ,and I just horrified everybody,with white niqab :D,but if u live in the big city it probably will be ok and in school people will just get used to see u like this after few days .

waaleikum salam

Shannonx

Mashallah you're so brave!

I don't really have any advice, but I say you should do it. :D
Your parents will get to use to it, they have to eventually.
If you get rude comments just ignore them, don't let people bring you down for it.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

May Allah make it easy for you...

Just be mentally prepared for the things thrown at you. But serious, mental stress is nothing compared to physical and mental stress combined together , just like what the Gazans are facing right now...

Some advices:

1)Be prepared that you might even lose your muslims friends
2) Ignore the looks and the shock in people face when they look at you, try to block out all the mental stress.
3) Dont push yourself too hard though, you might want to start to wear it intermittently and then go full swing

Lastly having a beard is nowhere near or as difficult as to start wearing a niqaab. I believe you have the strength and characther to do it...All the best

Appa BK

Muslimah Light
:salam2: Sister

I am a great admirer of you and all the sisters in countries such as the UK, USA and AUS that have the courage, passion and ethusiasm to want to wear Hijaab and Niqaab... Insha'Allah Allah 9SWT) make it easy for you and lighten your load.... Ameen, Ameen!

When I read posts such as yours and the llike I realise in South Africa we really have it good, wearing Niqaab is really normal, nobody stops and stares, or antagonises you, jeers or hurls insults at you, rather you are respected, honoured and Alhamdudillah if you wish to wear Niqaab at school, varsity or at work people are very accomadating and I have had expeiriances where Muslim brothers I didnt even know or havent even noticed, stand up for me if there was a likelihood of anyone interferring with me on campus!:hijabi:

Sister, your parents will realise that they actually should be delighted at having a daughter who has such a strong sense of haya! Insha'Allah Allah (SWT) increases your resliliance to that of Aasiya (RA) and make your faith strong as that of Marayam (RA) and heightens your sense of haya to that of Fatima (RA) and may you knowledge of Islam and all beneficial things be likened to that of Ayesha (RA) so that you may defend your religion as well as your religious decisions and may your honour be raised to the height of Khadija (RA)... INSHA'ALLAH.........AMEEN!!!:hearts:

Take Care Sister

modestniqabi

Insha-Allah....u wil succeed in what u have planned in te path of Allah (Subhana-wa-talah)...May Allah give you strength and patience..may Allah remain yor shepherd all the way...Ammeen:muslima:

gyllan

Mashaa ALLAH
May Allah make it easy for you.

Hijab is a common sight among Muslim women, a scarf that covers their hair and neck.

Niqab consists of covering up completely, including gloves and a veil for the face - leaving just a slit for the eyes, or covering them too with transparent material
but Muslim scholars have debated whether it is obligatory to don the niqab, or whether it is just recommended without being obligatory.

gyllan

Tell the faithful women to lower their gaze and guard their private parts and not display their beauty except what is apparent of it, and to extend their scarf to cover their bosom
Koran, 24:31
صدق الله العظيم

muslimad

Asalamu Alaykum!
ohh mashAllah sister,

congratulations!!so proud of u! i wish you all the best and pray that you remain steadfast in your deen AMIIN

abu turaab

:salam2: covering face (niqab) is not a fard sister!..as long as you observe hijab and don't beautify your face specialy when you're in a place where men are also present!!..and fulfilling other requirements of hijab in the overall sense..i.e.hijab of gaze,of voice,in conversating with others (men & women alike),in dress code etc...observing everything of these doesn't necessarily requires the niqaab!!...and also when you fear of the reaction of your mom and of the society!!...don't push yourself hard!!...otherwise eventualy at some point your nafs-e-ammarah could backlash!!...and ALLAH knows best!!!
:wasalam:

Imad

Assalamoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh,

May Allah help you.

My thumb is pointing to the sky

Wassalmoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh

habib786

salaam sister ........... wow i'm really so happy for you... this is a brave act to do .. we are proud of you ... i think some sisters should gain some courage from you ... May Allah make is easy for you ...take care sister and be safe ... Jazakallahu khairan