TurnToIslam If you want to know@tti/2nd Edition.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
For 5,000 years Iraqis have been keeping bees. Honey is an important source of food and income for many Iraq families.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
In ancient Iraq, mud helped build empires. People used mud to build bricks that made powerful cities and huge ziggurats. Mud also made possible the invention of writing, as the Sumerians of ancient Iraq hardened mud to make tablets of clay.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Iraqi families are usually large and family relationships are close. Most families live in one house, which is expanded when the family grows.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Iraq once had one of the highest quality schools and colleges in the Arab world. However, after the War and the United Nations sanctions, today only around 40% of Iraqis can read and write.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
On February 15, 2003, 10 million people around the world protested the United States’ plan to invade Iraq.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Baghdad became the capital of a vast Islamic empire ruled by the Abbasid dynasty. It was built in a perfect circle on Babylonian ruins and became the world’s center for culture and education, ushering in the “Golden Islamic Age.” During their rule, the Abbasids built the “House of Wisdom” as well as beautiful buildings and fountains. Reflecting the high value they placed on knowledge, they stressed that “the ink of the scholar is more holy is like the blood of a martyr.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Iraq’s population is 97% Muslim, or followers of Islam. Muslims live by a set of religious rules called the Five Pillars of Islam. The rules include reciting “There is no God but Allah and Mohammed is Allah Messenger,” praying five times a day, giving money to the poor, fasting during the Islamic holy month, and making at least one pilgrimage to Mecca in Saudi Arabia.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Iraq has a dry season and a wet season. During the wet season, from November to April, the country can get almost 40 inches of rain. In the dry season, between May and October, the temperature can reach up to 125 F.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
According to scientists, about 112.5 billion barrels of proven, or confirmed, crude oil are beneath the ground in Iraq. An additional 200 billion are thought to be in the ground. Although Iraq has the world’s second largest oil reserves, international sanctions during the 1990s and the wars have left Iraq in poverty.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
The official name of Iraq is the Republic of Iraq (Al-Jumhuriya al-Iraqiya). The name “Iraq” may date back to the Sumerian city named Uruk. Professor Wilhelm Eilers argues that the word “Iraq” is derived from the Middle Persian eraq or “lowlands.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
The Tigris and the Euphrates have been Iraq’s main water sources for thousands of years. Both rivers begin in Turkey, with the Tigris flowing directly into Iraq and the Euphrates winding through Syria first. The Euphrates is the longer river at 1,469 miles, while the Tigris runs 1,150 miles. Though the Tigris is shorter, it carries more water because it is fed by other waterways.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
th

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Occasionally, Iraq experiences massive locust swarms. For some reason that no one completely understands, locusts sometimes swarm to about 40-80 million insects and travel up to 80 miles a day. The last major locust swarms to pass through Iraq were in 1987 and 1989.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
The Iraqi desert is home to the dangerous saw-scale viper. Many scientists consider it the most dangerous snake in the world. The viper is known to strike without provocation and even chase its victims. Its bite often results in death.
th

image an example of saw-scale viper looks like.