I'm having a girl! what do you think about this name?

Salamalaikum,

I just found out I'm having a girl and I'm trying to pick out a name for her. What do you think about the name Isra? Does it sound nice? Is the meaning nice? Any other suggestions for a girl name, it doesn't have to be arabic, as long as it has a good meaning.

meer suhail

ILM seeker
:salam2:

:ma: nice name ,,we have a user here by that name as well ,,:tti_sister:

as for name suggestion ,wont suggest any will leave that to other users ,,

habib786

walaikum salaam ........

Isra .. nice name .. but i don't know the meaning .... but just fewnames i would like if i have a girl .... FIZA (it means beautiful natural environment or sarounding) or
SADIA .......... dont know the meaning ...
NAFISA .....
Firdous ( name of the heaven )... hope you like it ............ jazakallahu khairan

dianek

Salam! Congratulations on your baby girl......

My daughters are Aya Yasmine and Norah Rahma.........but I like Leila, sarah as well.

q8penpals

Salam

Sorry I can't suggest any - I am a teacher, and so many names conjure up kids that either were unintelligent, annoying, disobedient, orotherwise unpleasant, that I will probably have to make-up a name someday just so I don't have a memory of a bad student! It is quite unfortunate that in 6 years of teaching in Kuwait, and averaging 8 boys per year named Mohammad, only 1 of those Mohammads, in all 6 years, was actually a decent child (well behaved, decent student, courteous person). Personally, I think if a parent names their son Mohammad they have an EXTRA duty to make sure the boy is not soiling the name.

Actually, the names that I really like for a boy and for a girl - I don't like to share them because they are quite unique (and yes, both have good meanings and will work in Arabic although not specifically Arabic names) and I don't want to have someone I know use the same names.

Lana

**of course, I am just being funny about the names, but there are some names that are TRULY off my future baby-name list because of students ruining the name!!

misalat

Isra ... is a name of one of the SURA'S of the Holdy Qurán ... nice name .. also when our prophet (S.A.W) was taken from Meca to Jerusalem (this is journey is called ISRA)..

SADIA ....... I think it was our prophet's maiden mother's name
NAFISA ..... means getting freed or something like that.
Fatima ... also a good name, our prophet's daughter's name.

May Allah grant you with a blessed daughter inshaa Allah.
:ma:

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member

:ma: sister!

I would suggest: amatallah or amatrahman.....or any name of the great women of Islam (sahabyat ....mothers of the believers etc.)

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Congratulations !

Congratulations !
Yea Isra is a nice name and we too have a sister by this name here on the forum. She is intelligent, mashaAllah.
I would suggest Maryam ... :)

You can also take a look HERE

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Salamalaikum,

I just found out I'm having a girl and I'm trying to pick out a name for her. What do you think about the name Isra? Does it sound nice? Is the meaning nice? Any other suggestions for a girl name, it doesn't have to be arabic, as long as it has a good meaning.

If you like it, alhamdulillah! go for it :D

Also, the name Nafisa actually means 'precious' or something along those lines, unlike what was posted up there ^

I love the name Nusaybah, Amarah, Lina ..take all of the suggestions you get, choose the top 5 and then pick one out of a hat, if it got veeery difficult to choose that is ;)

Congratulations :ma:

Thanks sister for the reply. what does Lina mean? I really like that name but i dont want people to think it sounds too american.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Thanks sister for the reply. what does Lina mean? I really like that name but i dont want people to think it sounds too american.

One of my best freinds is called Lina, shes an arab from Riyaadh, lol, she is most certainly not american ..it is a muslim name if thats what you were wondering.

It means, 'soft/gentle'

ya I was wondering if it was a muslim name because there are a lot of non muslim people here in America with that name. But thanks for the meaning.

Asiya is my favorite name also, but my husband doesnt want us to name our daughter that because its his cousins name. So not fair! lol

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
I'd kinda like Aishah (good one, one of Muhammad (SAW)'s wife) , Sumaya (First Shuheed in Ummatal Islam), or Hafsa (I think that was the name of Amr (RA)'s duaghter).

Those are nice names.

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
I love Khadijah! :hearts: If i ever took a muslim name then thats what i would choose :)

I also love:

Layla
Sumayya
Sorayya
Aaisha
Fatimah (the Prophet's, peace be upon him, daughter :) )
Noora
Zaynab