I'm losing my ramadan....im losing my faith..

ummyasiin

Striving for Janatul firdous
salaams, I wish I could be anonymous rite now....i need help. May allah swt guide me, n with his permission you guide me......it has been MANY things in the sunnah of our beloved prophet that has had me in questioned in it's causing me to feel differently.....i recently learned that I was makin ghusl WRONG...hmm I take a bath wrong....there is a certain order that you wash or my salats are invalid...i hav a serious issue that there are numerous of things in the sunnah that will keep me from worshiping my lord if not done in the manner of another human...there are things that if done according you may b blessed for it or not punished, I like that....i also understand that w/o the sunnah alot of commands in Quran cannot b done ie.salat....but sum things jus grind my gears n I'm afraid I'm fallen outta islam....help. Inshallah....

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

No..you are just taking it the wrong way.

Islam is a constant battle to make yourself better. Each day we learn more about our faith and how to please Allah subhana talla more.

So now you can correct yourself. We are not perfect. If anyone tells you that they are perfect practitioners of the faith..they are wrong. We are simple human being.

You have come to the right place to get help. These are the ten days of forgiveness. How blessed are you.

Do not punish yourself. Just count your blessings that Allah has show you how to act and worship in a correct manner.

dilek

OntheWayOf ALLAH
assalam alaykum sister.. I see you are confused, you know it is something normal becasue we are learning new things and renew our knowledges each day alhamdulillah.

But I think you feel discomfort about following some sunnahs, I got this idea from your words "i hav a serious issue that there are numerous of things in the sunnah that will keep me from worshiping my lord if not done in the manner of another human...there are things that if done according you may b blessed for it or not punished, I like that.
to overcome this feeling I think it is better to remmeber the ayah 5:92
"And obey Allah and obey the Messenger and beware. And if you turn away - then know that upon Our Messenger is only [the responsibility for] clear notification." Allah utters Our Prophet's :saw: name near His name and Allah declares that obeying Prophet Muhammad :saw: means obeying Allah .
We cant know everything but must learn anything we need, to not get confused in time.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:

may Allah protect your faith sister. this life is all about sacrifices. this world is a prison for a beleiver. mostly, we cant do what we wish or desire.

Allah has prepared Jannah to live a carefree life of ease and comfort. let not shaitan forget you the pain and suffering in hell sister.

what are those sunnahs which you find hard? can you pls list them so that we can help you out?

eg. ghusl, if you have intention and you wash your mouth, nose and whole body, its sufficient. the rest is only recommended. -in shafi school, washing mouth and nose are not even fard-.

Muhammed Kamran

Dear Sister, I recomend you to concentrate on "Faraiz", the acts which are compulsary than try to adopt sunnah, and gradully start sunnah acts one by one. Our deen is about ease, it is not about making life hard. Summary of a hadith tells us that whenever there were two option in the life of our Prophet (peace be upon him), he always chose easier way if that was not against the shariah. May Allah protect your eeman. I AM NOT READY TO LEAVE MY EEMAN ONLY FOR A SECOND, AND PRAY TO ALLAH THAT GIVE ME DEATH AT EEMAN. It is very dangrous even to think about loosing eeman.

Abdul25

Logical Believer
Dear Sister, I recomend you to concentrate on "Faraiz", the acts which are compulsary than try to adopt sunnah, and gradully start sunnah acts one by one. Our deen is about ease, it is not about making life hard. Summary of a hadith tells us that whenever there were two option in the life of our Prophet (peace be upon him), he always chose easier way if that was not against the shariah. May Allah protect your eeman. I AM NOT READY TO LEAVE MY EEMAN ONLY FOR A SECOND, AND PRAY TO ALLAH THAT GIVE ME DEATH AT EEMAN. It is very dangrous even to think about loosing eeman.

:salam2:

Very good advice brother..

JazakAllah khayr..

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

Sobhanallah sister..I think you're just being hard on yourself..

First of all did you know that there are *types* of *Sunnah???*...there's:

Sunnah Qawliyya (Verbal Sunnah)..a Sunnah Fe'eliyya (Practical Sunnah)..a Sunnah Taqreeriyya (Agreeable Sunnah)..a Sunnah Khalqiyya (Physical Sunnah..and this one is unique and specific *only* to Rasulullah)..and a Sunnah Jibbiliyyah (Cultural/Generational Sunnah..this is one is specific to the background..and generation of Rasulullah)..

And each one of these varies in its nature..in that some are more obligatory than others..and some are more unique to a certain situation than others..and so on...

THEN...

You see these *5 types* above???..well THEY...divide into FURTHER divisions..nd that's when you have:

Sunnan (plural of Sunnah) Wajiba..Sunnan Mobaha..and Sunnan Mostahabba.

THEN..

If you take Al-Sunnan Mostahabba for instance...you have YET MORE DIVISIONS..you have:

Sunnan Aakida..Sunnan Ratiba..and Sunnan 'Aaddiyya..

What's my point with all of this???

You need to first and foremost know that if Allah said: "Allah does not burden beyond its scope"...then *surely* Rasulullah would NOT overturn this matter..or commit things which counter it baraka Allaho feeki..because afterall he was sent as a mercy for us..and he (bi abi howa wa ommi) did not say a thing or do a thing unless it was for *our* benefit..our way of showing our appreciation to him ('alayhi assalat wasslam) is for us to *at least* emulate him in the manners and behaviors he avoided or practiced!

Secondly..you need to know that matters of the sunnah are not *always* concrete..in some acts of the Sunnah we have a *choice* whether or not we can do them..if we do them we earn more ajer (think: *extra credit*)..if we don't..then we're not held accountable bi ithni Allah..and some acts of the sunnah have several ways of doing them!..and you may do one way from amongst these manners or try all of them out..up to you!!!

Thirdly..hadaki Allah..you mentioned the instance of ghusl..rahimaki Allah..the manner in which Rasulullah made ghusl is the Sunnah way of doing it..that's manner through which you may earn your *extra credit* for emulating Rasulullah...if you jump into the shower..grab a body wash and scrub your body...then alhamdulillah..you fulfilled what's obligatory..you washed off the impurity..and completed ghusl..so long you wash your body with water from head to toe..you are good in the aspect of ghusl rahimaki Allah...if you do ghusl according to Rasulullah's way..then mashallah tabaraka Allah..that's a blessing from Allah..because He enabled you to do something which His prophet did and that's the best of things to accomplish

Don't make the deen hard for yourself ukhti..it's really way simpler than what we make it seem even to ourselves..and if we do a thing out of ignorance..then Allah is All-Merciful..All-Forgiving..and to Him is all thanks for His Forgiveness..you simply need to learn the correct thing to do..commit to it..and life goes on ya ukhti...

Anyhow..

Since you specifically brought up ghusl..I'd like you to read this link:

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/83172/الغسل

And I hope that you pay close attention to the words I wrote and realize what I mean..

and if you get ideas of this sort:

it has been MANY things in the sunnah of our beloved prophet that has had me in questioned in it's causing me to feel differently

i hav a serious issue that there are numerous of things in the sunnah that will keep me from worshiping my lord if not done in the manner of another human

Then follow what Allah says baraka Allaho feeki:

"And if an evil whisper comes to you from Shaitan (Satan), then seek refuge with Allah." [Al-'Aa'araaf:200]

Wallahu adra wa a'alam..

ummyasiin

Striving for Janatul firdous
Alhamdulilah...may Allah reward you all well for your sincere advices......a-muslimah86 Mashallah...this is what I needed, clarification and direct guidance....jazakallah khair.....May Allah forgive me please and excuse me from my ignorance....i live in a city where ppl are judemental first and empathetic last.....more to often I hear "oh that's not the sunnah" or something in the nature n I become frustrated because all I wanna do is eat, sleep, pray and provide for my family n not nessisary in that order, but wen it's a constant pacing thought did I use enough water? Is my hair wet enough, did I put my right shoe on 1st? I don't wanna live in fear that I'm not worshipping correctly wen fearing and loving Allah swt should be graciously easy... Shurkran....

aslamjiffry

Hubbu Rasoolullah

Sobhanallah sister..I think you're just being hard on yourself..

First of all did you know that there are *types* of *Sunnah???*...there's:

Sunnah Qawliyya (Verbal Sunnah)..a Sunnah Fe'eliyya (Practical Sunnah)..a Sunnah Taqreeriyya (Agreeable Sunnah)..a Sunnah Khalqiyya (Physical Sunnah..and this one is unique and specific *only* to Rasulullah)..and a Sunnah Jibbiliyyah (Cultural/Generational Sunnah..this is one is specific to the background..and generation of Rasulullah)..

And each one of these varies in its nature..in that some are more obligatory than others..and some are more unique to a certain situation than others..and so on...

THEN...

You see these *5 types* above???..well THEY...divide into FURTHER divisions..nd that's when you have:

Sunnan (plural of Sunnah) Wajiba..Sunnan Mobaha..and Sunnan Mostahabba.

THEN..

If you take Al-Sunnan Mostahabba for instance...you have YET MORE DIVISIONS..you have:

Sunnan Aakida..Sunnan Ratiba..and Sunnan 'Aaddiyya..

What's my point with all of this???

You need to first and foremost know that if Allah said: "Allah does not burden beyond its scope"...then *surely* Rasulullah would NOT overturn this matter..or commit things which counter it baraka Allaho feeki..because afterall he was sent as a mercy for us..and he (bi abi howa wa ommi) did not say a thing or do a thing unless it was for *our* benefit..our way of showing our appreciation to him ('alayhi assalat wasslam) is for us to *at least* emulate him in the manners and behaviors he avoided or practiced!

Secondly..you need to know that matters of the sunnah are not *always* concrete..in some acts of the Sunnah we have a *choice* whether or not we can do them..if we do them we earn more ajer (think: *extra credit*)..if we don't..then we're not held accountable bi ithni Allah..and some acts of the sunnah have several ways of doing them!..and you may do one way from amongst these manners or try all of them out..up to you!!!

Thirdly..hadaki Allah..you mentioned the instance of ghusl..rahimaki Allah..the manner in which Rasulullah made ghusl is the Sunnah way of doing it..that's manner through which you may earn your *extra credit* for emulating Rasulullah...if you jump into the shower..grab a body wash and scrub your body...then alhamdulillah..you fulfilled what's obligatory..you washed off the impurity..and completed ghusl..so long you wash your body with water from head to toe..you are good in the aspect of ghusl rahimaki Allah...if you do ghusl according to Rasulullah's way..then mashallah tabaraka Allah..that's a blessing from Allah..because He enabled you to do something which His prophet did and that's the best of things to accomplish

Don't make the deen hard for yourself ukhti..it's really way simpler than what we make it seem even to ourselves..and if we do a thing out of ignorance..then Allah is All-Merciful..All-Forgiving..and to Him is all thanks for His Forgiveness..you simply need to learn the correct thing to do..commit to it..and life goes on ya ukhti...

Anyhow..

Since you specifically brought up ghusl..I'd like you to read this link:

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/83172/الغسل

And I hope that you pay close attention to the words I wrote and realize what I mean..

and if you get ideas of this sort:

Then follow what Allah says baraka Allaho feeki:

"And if an evil whisper comes to you from Shaitan (Satan), then seek refuge with Allah." [Al-'Aa'araaf:200]

Wallahu adra wa a'alam..

Jazakallah Khairah for the nice post.. This is really informaive for us. Specially Sunnah of Rasoolullah SAW (PBUH)..
Thx

Wassalaam!