i'm so afraid.i need advice!

pilgrim

Allahu Akbar
Asalamu alaikum my dear brothers and sisters,i desperately need advice.
As you know my family are hindus and me on the other hand accepted my shahada secretly,i pray secretly and try to fast secretly during The Holy Month Of Ramadan.Noone cannot know this because they are totally against it,but they know that i want to be a muslim.(but they do not know that i am a muslim).
I want to know if going to the hindu temple and singing is wrong and if probably Allaah(subhana wa ta'ala) would have mercy on me and forgive me.
Its not like if i want to go and do it but my parents said i'm living in their house and i have to follow their orders and be a hindu.
I know going to the temple an all is totally haraam but i have no choice,no choice at all.This house is like a little prison for me.
I jus wish i could wear my hijab,pray 5 times a day and not go to temples and stuff,but i know that's impossible right now.
Please give me some advice on this.:wasalam: :shymuslima1: :confused:

shiraaz_khan

ASSLAM ALYKUM

asslam aly kum sister
first of all i congratulate u for embrassing the religion of peace,may ALLAH(SWT) give u full rewards for ur decision,yes sister as u know it is the biggest and unfogivable sin in islam if someone does idolatory or associate partners with ALLAH(SWT).as u said that u dont want to go but ut parents are forcing u to do that, remember sister "UR DUTY TOWARDS ALL IS MORE THAN TO UR PARENTS".i know its very difficult for u in this situation but remember the more u strive in the way of ALLAH(SWT) the more rewards u will get.pray to ALLAH(SWT) to show u the right way and stand firm in ur decision even if the whole world goes against u.if u find it difficult to do think of the holy prophets like abraham,moses,jesus,mohammed and other prophets--peace be on all of them who stood agianst the idolatory.and as far as ur parents are concerned,explain them about islam and quran.try to convince them no mater how much time and effort it takes becouse its now ur duty as ur have the truth with u."but do not go to temples and never say a word of praise to the idols as ALLAH DOES NOT LIKE IT and wear hijab as ur willing to "we will pray for u.

ALLAH HAFIZ

OmarTheFrench

I understand what you live sister bu the more important is that you continue to believe in Allah and his sign and that in your heart you associate nothing to him.

Don't forgot what Allah said:

" Whoso disbelieves in God after having believed, unless it be one who is forced and whose heart is quiet in the faith,- but whoso expands his breast to misbelieve,- on them is wrath from God, and for them is mighty woe!"

Sura 16,106

As Salam O Alaikum Sister,

I think the best thing is to consult the Imam of your mosque, that is if you took your Shahada at a mosque. You can also go to islamonline.com and post your question there. They have a huge fatwa bank there and you may find that some one has already asked the same question.

Best Wishes and may Allah Reward you for your steadfastness through this trial.

Delyan

dear sister

el s alam aaleykom,

Dear sister, your story made me cry, you feel alone in between all your family who definitevely seems to stand against Islam, You are scared of what their reaction could be, your faith dear sister is stronger, u just don't completely realize it right now : Allah Is Standing BY YOUR SIDE, He Can Hear you, He Knows every single thing you re thinking about, your feelings, your hopes and your fears. As our brothers and sisters told you, u just can't keep on going in these temples, u can't share Allah s worship with others. I realize that you are aware of that, your problem is to find a way to express urself as a Muslim despite your family disagreement. Can you tell me honestly how your father s anger could be if he finds out u gave up hinduism ? I mean do u feel in danger or do u think they won't forgive you only, I mean whaat kind of reaction are u dreading. ? W e are all with you, we re praying for you dearest sister. Find any pretence not to go to the temples : lying to them in order not to transgress Allah' s path is allowed of course,Allah is your Strenght el 7amdolilah, He will Reward you inshalah for your patience and all your combativeness
Don't loose hope, please tell us about u. My mother s making du3as for you and we all do so

wwa salam dear sister
sis delyan

ripefig

Trini replying

Dear sis,

first time I see a post of a fellow Trini.:wavyarms: Being a Trinidadian myself I know the situation. I know for sure the difficulties pertaining to your situation. I want you to remember one thing, on the day of judgement no mother, father, brother, or sister can help us when we stand in front of our creator to give account. As muslims we are thought to obey our parents except if they order us to disobey Allah. Although your situation is very difficult, the answer to your question is easy. Stay away from those places of idols. An inspiring story of a Trinidadian hindu revert is Maulana Abdul Salaam. His father was a pandit who sent him to India to study. He heard some brothers giving Dawah and he accepted Islaam. He is now one of the most prominant Muslims in the country. By the way, does the new cable station have anything to do with you interest in Islaam (just curious:SMILY231: ) May Allah guide you and make it easy for you. You are already an inspiration for me. I will remember you in my Dua insha Allah.

AmatAllah

Assalam alaikum
May Allah give you strength during these times
i have a close friend of mine who went through the same exact situation...she also came from a Hindu background; until Allah SWT opened for her and now she is married to a practicing Muslim and has a child, alhamdulillah
i just want to advice you that everyone will give you their own ideas in terms of what you should do!
Alot of people will have no clue about your situations and limitations but will not hesitate in telling you what to do
if you listen to everyone...well you are asking for trouble :)
so my advice inshaAllah is that you find someone elder than you, who has gone through his own struggles in Islam and can guide you during your journey until you establish enough strength. If you cant find someone like that, cry to Allah He will send you somebody or guide you Himself!
Also, i would recommend the lectures on this website that proved to be of priceless value to me and i hope will help you as well InshaAllah

http://www.noora1.com please be patient as the lectures are long; but i promise that by the time you are done, you will have a wonderful understanding of the issue being discussed
May Allah open for you and keep aright your heart
Please remember the entire Muslim nation in your duahs
wsalam

Delyan

Amat Allah

salam aaleykom

I don't know if ure saying don't listen to advises that many can give to our sister regarding what I told her but she has to react now and the 1st step is to stop acting as a hinduism to please her parents, she feels affected

May Allah Forgives us and Protect us

wa salam

LoveIslam

ALLAH FORGIVE US
:salam2: sister congratulate u for embrassing islam as your religion as i search the net i found a question little similary to you Question
I hope it help u,And i will pray ALLAH that he help u

She became Muslim but her family did not; should she honour her family even though they mistreat her?

Question:
I became Muslim when I was young. My father threw me out of the house so I moved to a Muslim country with my husband to live there. I still keep in touch with my mother. Is there any sin on me for not keeping in touch with my father, knowing that he tells people I am a prostitute and he is threatening to kill me and my family?.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

We praise Allaah for having guided you to Islam. Undoubtedly Allaah has blessed you greatly by choosing you from among your family to be the first of them to enter this religion. We ask Allaah to make you the cause of them also entering Islam.
What you have done of calling your family to Islam is what Allaah has enjoined upon you; they take priority over others when it comes to da’wah and telling them the truth.
Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“Say (O Muhammad): ‘This is my way; I invite unto Allaah (i.e. to the Oneness of Allaah — Islamic Monotheism) with sure knowledge, I and whosoever follows me (also must invite others to Allaah, i.e. to the Oneness of Allaah — Islamic Monotheism with sure knowledge). And Glorified and Exalted be Allaah (above all that they associate as partners with Him). And I am not of the Mushrikoon (polytheists, pagans, idolaters and disbelievers in the Oneness of Allaah; those who worship others along with Allaah or set up rivals or partners to Allaah)’”
[Yoosuf 12:108]
“And warn your tribe (O Muhammad) of near kindred”
[al-Shu’ara’ 26:214]
The person who calls others to Allaah should be gentle and subtle in his approach, especially with his family. Allaah has commanded us to treat our parents kindly, even if they are kaafirs and call us to kufr. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“Invite (mankind, O Muhammad) to the way of your Lord (i.e. Islam) with wisdom (i.e. with the Divine Revelation and the Qur’aan) and fair preaching, and argue with them in a way that is better. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone astray from His path, and He is the Best Aware of those who are guided”
[al-Nahl 16:125]
“And We have enjoined on man to be good and dutiful to his parents; but if they strive to make you join with Me (in worship) anything (as a partner) of which you have no knowledge, then obey them not. Unto Me is your return and I shall tell you what you used to do”
[al-‘Ankaboot 29:8]
If any of them does not respond, his misguidance is his own problem and Allaah will not make the daa’iyah accountable for any of his sin.
Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“Whoever goes right, then he goes right only for the benefit of his ownself. And whoever goes astray, then he goes astray to his own loss. No one laden with burdens can bear another’s burden. And We never punish until We have sent a Messenger (to give warning)”
[al-Isra’ 17:15]
What you did, migrating to one of the Muslim countries and getting married, was the right thing to do. The Muslim cannot usually maintain his or her religious commitment in a hostile environment where he or she is a stranger; it is especially hard for a woman who has no power and no strength except with Allaah. This difficulty is demonstrated by what your father did, throwing you out of the house when he found out that you are a Muslim,
Your keeping in touch with your mother and asking after your father is something for which you deserve praise; this is something that Allaah has enjoined upon you. The rights of parents are great, so do not cut off your ties with them, even if they mistreat you. Try to get in touch with your father and speak kindly to him; perhaps that will be a cause of his being guided and will dispel the hardness in his heart towards you.
With regard to your father’s threats, do not pay any attention to them and do not worry about them; nothing will happen to you or your husband or your family except that which Allaah has decreed for you. So take precautions and seek refuge with Allaah, for He is the Best of protectors and He is the Most Merciful of those who show mercy.
With regard to his slander and accusations against you, this comes under the heading of the kaafir’s persecution of the Muslim. The honour of our Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was slandered when his wife and our mother, the Mother of the Believers ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) was accused of adultery; and it was said that he was a sorcerer, a soothsayer and a madman. Similar accusations were made against his brother Prophets as well. Be patient and trust that Allaah will give you a way out and will relieve you of your worry; seek His help and always make du’aa’ to Him and turn to Him, for He is the Best of supporters and helpers.
We ask Allaah to make you steadfast in adhering to His religion and to increase you in guidance, insight and knowledge.

</SPAN>Islam Q&A

the add of site is
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=27196&ln=eng&txt=associate%20partners

ps for if any mistake sorry and rember me in dua sister keep in touch

:wasalam:

Mokat

just keep the peace at home - do what you have to to keep ur parents sweet. If u want to leave the prison you'll have to leave home. Dont make religion an excuse to fly the nest - but as part of growing independence. Most people do that anyway and maybe its time to move on and that way everyone in your family is still on good terms with you. Its not a big deal to enter a temple because ur not going to be praying there - ur heart is not there - so dont worry about it. Going to the temple is not going to make you lose ur faith. When the time is right u can break free - all the best.

acedoc

When things go wrong...

:salam2:

Asalamu Alaikum wa rahmatullah wa Barakatuh

Dear sister,

When things go wrong..as they will always do.First, a muslim always turns to Allah. Be patient through hardship.

We say

Allaahu Allaahu Rabbee laa 'ushriku bihishay'an.

Allah, Allah is my Lord. I do not associate anything with Him.

Reference: Abu Dawud 2/87. See also Al-Albani, Sahih Ibn Mdjah 2/335.

Also see:
http://www.islamawareness.net/Dua/Fortress/035.html

MY advice is seek help from local muslim families. If you are an adult and of age that you may get married that may be the best option for you to find a good muslim man. May Allah give you better in this life and the Hereafter.

was Salamu Alaikum

your brotehr in Islam

Ahmedkaafi

Asalaamu alaykum

:bismillah:

Allah says:And we have joined on man to be good and dutiful to his parents;
but if the strive to make you join with me(in worship)anything (as a partner) of which you have not knowledge, then obey them not.unto me is you return and i shall tell you what you used to do.Surah 29 Al-Ankabut ayah nr 8

U can read too Surah 31 Luqman ayah nr 14 and 15 that is a sulition

Dear sister i am feeling too much your problems and i will pray for you to get easy sulition Inshaa allaah and if you marry it will reduce your problem so note mariage can be a sulition of one part of your problems(if u have cominicate with a good muslims in your area) try to do that if it is posible.
Wabillahi towfik

acedoc

when you say "la Illaha il Allah" Allah will test your faith

the story of a Jewish youth who lived at the time of the Prophet of Islam, Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him):
From Anas (may Allâh be pleased with him): a young man from among the Jews used to serve the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). The boy became sick, and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came to visit him when he was on his death-bed. He called him to Islam, and the boy looked at his father, who was standing by his head. His father said, “Listen to Abu’l-Qaasim.” [Abu’l-Qaasim (Father of al-Qaasim) was the kunya or “nickname” of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) – it is an Arab custom to address people as “Father of” and “Mother of” their oldest son – Translator]. So the boy became Muslim, then he died. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came away from him saying, “Praise be to Allaah Who has saved him from the Hell-Fire.” (Reported by Imaam Ahmad, 12896; also narrated in Saheeh al-Bukhaari, 1268). So go ahead and embrace Islam as your predecessor did, so that you will be saved from Hell and will earn the victory of Paradise as great as the heavens and the earth.
We also want to present you with the following story which contains an important lesson and a moving account of a young man who looked for the truth, and was helped by Allaah to find it:
Haddaab ibn Khaalid told us, Hammaad ibn Salamah told us, Thaabit told us from ‘Abd al-Rahmaan ibn Abi Layla from Suhayb that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There was a king among the people who came before you who had a magician. When the magician grew old, he said to the king, ‘I have grown old, so send me a boy to whom I can teach magic.’ So the king sent him a boy, and he taught him magic. On his way, the boy passed by a monk, so he sat with him and listened to him, and he liked what he said. When he came to the magician, he passed by the monk and sat with him, then when he came to the magician, he hit him because he was late. The boy complained about that to the monk, who said, ‘If you are afraid of the magician, tell him, ‘I was late because of my family’ and if you are afraid of your family, tell them, ‘I was late because of the magician.’ Whilst this was going  on, he came across a huge beast that was blocking the people’s way. He said, ‘Today I will know whether the monk is better or the magician.’ He picked up a stone and said, ‘O Allâh, if the monk’s way is dearer to you than the magician’s way, then kill this beast so that the people may go on their way.’ Then he threw the stone and killed the beast, and the people went on their way. He came to the monk and told him what had happened. The monk said to him, ‘O my son, today you are better than I, you have reached such a level and now you will be tested. If you are put to the test, do not tell anyone about me.’ The young man began to heal the blind and the lepers, and to cure people from all kinds of sickness. One of the king’s courtiers who had become blind heard about him, so he brought him many gifts and said, ‘Whatever I have piled up here is for you, if you heal me.’ The boy said, ‘I do not heal anyone, it is Allaah who heals. If you believe in Allaah and call on Allaah, He will heal you.’ So he believed in Allaah and and Allaah healed him. Then he came to the king and sat with him as he had always done. The king said to him, ‘Who gave you back your sight?’ He said, ‘My Lord.’ The king said, ‘Do you have any lord other than me?’ He said, ‘My Lord and your Lord is Allaah.’ So the king took him and kept touring him until he told him about the boy. So the boy was brought to the king, who said, ‘O my son, I have heard about your magic, that you heal the blind and the leper, and you do such and such.’ The boy said, ‘I do not heal anyone, it is Allaah Who heals.’ The took him and tortured him until he told him about the monk. The monk was brought and was told, ‘Give up your religion,’ and he refused. So a saw was brought and placed on the top of his head, and he was cut in two. Then the king’s courtier was brought and was told, ‘Give up your religion,’ and he refused. So a saw was brought and placed on the top of his head, and he was cut in two. Then the boy was brought and was told, ‘Give up your religion,’ and he refused. The king gave him to a group of his companions and said, ‘Take him to such and such a mountain, and take him up the mountain. When you reach the top of the mountain, if he gives up his religion (then leave him alone), otherwise throw him down. So they took him up the mountain, and the boy said, ‘O Allaah, protect me from them in whatever manner You wish.’ So the mountain was shaken and they fell down, and the boy came walking back to the king. The king asked, ‘What happened to your companions?’ He said, ‘Allaah protected me from them.’ Then the king gave him to another group of his companions, and said, ‘Take him and put him on a ship, then take him to the middle of the sea. If he gives up his religion (then leave him alone), otherwise throw him overboard. So they took him and he said, ‘O Allaah, protect me from them in whatever manner You wish.’ The boat was turned upside down and they drowned, and the boy came walking back to the king. The king asked, ‘What happened to your companions?’ He said, ‘Allaah protected me from them.’ The boy said to the king: ‘You will not be able to kill me unless you do what I tell you.’ The king said, ‘What is that then?’ He said, ‘Gather the people together in one place and crucify me on a tree-trunk, then take an arrow from my quiver and put it in your bow. Then say, “In the name of Allaah, the Lord of the boy” and shoot me. If you do that, you will kill me.’ So the king gathered the people in one place, crucified the boy on a tree-trunk, took an arrow from his quiver and placed it in his bow. Then he said, ‘In the name of Allaah, the Lord of the boy’ and shot him. The arrow hit his temple (the side of his head), and he put his hand on the side of his head where he had been hit, and died. The people said, ‘We believe in the Lord of the boy, we believe in the Lord of the boy, we believe in the Lord of the boy.’ Someone came to the king and said, ‘Do you see what you were afraid of? By Allâh, what you were afraid of has happened to you now.’ So he ordered that ditches should be dug at the intersections of the streets, and they were dug and fires were lit in them. Then he said, ‘Whoever does not give up his religion, throw him into them’ or it was said, ‘Throw yourselves in’. They did this until they came to a woman who had a baby with her. She felt scared to throw herself in, but the infant said to her, ‘O mother, have patience, for you are on the right path.’” (Reported by Muslim in his Saheeh, 5327).
After telling this moving story about a boy coming to know the truth and believe in it and adhere to it, we would like to say to you if you think that your family will give you a hard time if you become Muslim, then you can keep your Islam secret and do your prayers in secret, until Allaah finds a way for you, for He will find the best way for you. We welcome you as a reader and questioner, and as a future brother in Islam, in sha Allaah.

dna1987

Muslim Guy
:salam2:

There's plenty of good advice already here. Don't worry about it; what is in your heart is what is the most important.

Remember, the hypocrites are the people who go to the mosque, and pray so other people can see, but they do not believe in their hearts.

Your case seems to be the opposite. So don't worry. Relief will come soon inshAllah. Just hang on tight, and pray to Allah.

:wasalam:

mahdi

aslamu alykum. sister i want to tell you one thing. allah gives everything.allah has already written what you will eat where you will stay. but alah will not forgive who obeys another god. so sister pray to god and tell the truth to your parent may be they will accept you. god be with you

:salam2: sister . I know how hard it is to tell your parents about things like this. I had a hard time with mine when i wanted to wear Hijab. My mother said pray not 5 but 10 times but why you have to put hijab. You are not even married how will you find a husband. Well i remained firm. I said i am going to do it and nothing will stop me. Alhamdulillah i wore my hijab and for 5 months it was tough. Now my mother maashaallah looks for nice hijabs for me:blackhijab: . Lolll My mother is a very good muslim and even she had a problem with hijab. Yours are non muslim and i can imagine how tough it is . But I tell you one thing if you believe in something do it and ask Allah for guidence. I feel you should pray ISTIKHARA. Let Allah guide you with how to deal with your family.

abdullahmateen

Salam

:salam2: ,

i just told u, say dua to Allah Paak, and do these

Aftar Fajar Pray Tilawat Surah Yassen (Daily)
and pray Salat-u-Hajat's Nafall

pilgrim

Allahu Akbar
Jazak Allah

May Allah reward you.You all were great help, and i thank you all 4 makin du'a,because now my parents do not force mee to do any hindu stuff again,alhamdulilah.I think by now they kno i am a muslim but still i dont think they wud allow me to fast and stuff,but inshaallah 1 day i will:shymuslima1: :SMILY139: