I'm weird

sal12

Assalamu alaykum,

This is going to sound weird but I cannot cry. Seriously, I've not cried properly for a few years now and now that I've turned to Allah I want to cry for Him like muslims do when they first turn to Allah or are guided by Him.

I can't cry when i'm upset for worldly things like girls do because I just don't see the point of it. I'm never one of those that need to let it all out or have a good cry about general things. I feel better when I don't show my emotions. My friends call me a robot and tell me that I'm made out of stone coz they've NEVER seen me cry in all the years they've known me.lol.

I'm glad that I don't cry for things that girls cry for, or when I'm depressed I just don't cry so I'm glad about that but I really wanna cry for Allah because I do fear Him, so why can't I cry? is there something wrong with me?

palestine

Servant of Allah
ws, Girl pls.....i used to cry so much that now my tears have dried. i keep wondering just like you, what's wrong with me....especially when an ayat from the quran is read, i mean powerful ayats. i don't cry anymore either. if i get mad i don't cry, my sister moved to another country and i just feel that she's still here, i haven't cried....i'm surprised actually because i don't cry anymore. i think it's because i've seen the crueltly of this world, the torture of the muslims that my tears have dried up and gone away. i don't really have an answer to ur question i just hope that it means a good thing.

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Assalamu alaikum sisters!

People are created emotionally different. Having a strong heart is a good thing and I don't see anything weired about it.

If it concerns you that why you can't cry even due to the fear of Allah, then remember that Allah s.w.t knows the hearts.

Crying due to fear of Allah also comes with time. The more you think about his greatness and your weakness and still see how much Allah cares about you, makes your heart tender.

The more you think about your responsibilities towards HIM and about the grave, day of judgement etc, more real it will beome to you.

A time will come that you will change alot.
Hearts do get hard and soft.

Considering how small and weak the human being is and how great Allah s.w.t is, I could not help, but cry when I would hear one of my favourite recitors reciting the following verses of the Quran:

"Allah has certainly heard the saying of those who said: Surely Allah is poor and we are rich. We shall record what they say, and their killing the prophets unjustly, and we shall say: Taste the chastisement of burning."
3:181

Wassalam

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Assalamu alaykum,

This is going to sound weird but I cannot cry. Seriously, I've not cried properly for a few years now and now that I've turned to Allah I want to cry for Him like muslims do when they first turn to Allah or are guided by Him.

I can't cry when i'm upset for worldly things like girls do because I just don't see the point of it. I'm never one of those that need to let it all out or have a good cry about general things. I feel better when I don't show my emotions. My friends call me a robot and tell me that I'm made out of stone coz they've NEVER seen me cry in all the years they've known me.lol.

I'm glad that I don't cry for things that girls cry for, or when I'm depressed I just don't cry so I'm glad about that but I really wanna cry for Allah because I do fear Him, so why can't I cry? is there something wrong with me?

Try reading some imam ibn Qayim Al Jauziyyah books. He is the Doctor for the hearts.

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
Sister i think if you feel the emotion in your heart then you are not weird at all!!! As long as you know what you are seeing moves you then don't worry. I am a revert too, and God forgive me but I wasn't that moved by my shahadah, it was something i wanted to do and yes i was happy but i wasn't emotional about it.

I am the complete opposite of you and cry at the drop of a hat, its plain embarrassing. I was always called a crybaby at school and now i am an adult i can blame hormones! But still its really bad!

sal12

Jazakallahu khair people. I'm not bothered that I don't cry easily, just that I can't cry for Allah, or when I go through the posts on this site and some of you's read something that touches your heart and you reply that it made you cry, I just always wonder how people can cry so easily. Even men can cry more than me. I never feel like crying about anything. But yeh I know that Allah knows my intentions so I've got nothing to worry about really. By the way sister roshina I'm not a revert but I've been more conscious of Allah quite recently that's why I said 'when Allah guided me.'

ma'3asalama

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalaamu'Alykum,

^ Sister, maybe when the brothers or sisters reply their referring to their hearts crying? Just an observation.

Alhamdulilah

Wasalam

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
When the right moment hits you, it will happen naturally. Don't force it, its an emotion that will overpower you when you least expect it. We all are trying to reach that level of crying for Allah(myself included). Allah knows what your intentions are and what is in your heart.:hearts:

amina88

I live & die 4 Allah
If you can't cry, then pretend to cry! seriously...In my case, Im a sensitive person (not silly sensitive), I cry when people leave and when they arrive, I cry when I feel Allah sw absence in my life, I cry when Im hungry...

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Al-Kashmiri said:
Reason: Ibn Qayyim Al Jawziyyah not Al-Jauzi; you mixed him up with Ibn Jawzi. Q. Do you know why there names are similar ? :)

Can you please enlighten us on that brother? I dont know why their names are similar.

wa/salam

asmae_rose

:salam2:

dear sister:hijabi:

me i can cry when hearing strong ayat or ayat of mercy of allah
.but general things really doesn't let me cry:SMILY259:

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Can you please enlighten us on that brother? I dont know why their names are similar.

wa/salam

Ibn Jawzee rahimahullaah, either in his life time or just after he died (I don't know the years), a school was started under his name (Madrassat ul-Jawziyyah I think it was called). Now Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah, rahimahullaah, is a seperate personality. His name (or title) means "son of a teacher of Al-Jawziyyah". His father I believe was the second principal/head of the school "Al-Jawziyyah".

On the topic of weeping, I recommend a book by Shaykh Husayn Al-`Awaa'ishah called "Weeping due to fear of Allah"

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Sometimes it is hard to cry when you want to show your love to Allah Subhanalla Wa Ta Ala, when you listen to an emotional Quraan Telawaat, or when doing Taubah. Sometimes I even tried rubbing my eyes (when listening to a powerful Quran Telawaat) because I wanted to show nyself how much I love Allah and his words. I know that Allah knew my heart but still I felt great with tears running down during Taubah, my love to him, asking for his help during hard times, and just when I want to find peace and quietness between me and Allah. A lot of these times (like the ones I listed above), I don't have to rub my eyes because my tears are running.

Assalamu Alykum

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Ibn Jawzee rahimahullaah, either in his life time or just after he died (I don't know the years), a school was started under his name (Madrassat ul-Jawziyyah I think it was called). Now Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah, rahimahullaah, is a seperate personality. His name (or title) means "son of a teacher of Al-Jawziyyah". His father I believe was the second principal/head of the school "Al-Jawziyyah".

JazakAllah khair

What school did Ibnul Jauzi start. I heard both are good imams?

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Al-Jawziyyah :)

Maa shaa Allah they are, but one is the "Dr. of the hearts", the other is well known for his Talbees Iblees.

What is Talbees iblis? sounds frightening?

Anothe close difference is ibn arabi and ibnul arabi? One is a great scholar and the other one has been make takfeer by some great scholars

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
What is Talbees iblis? sounds frightening?

Anothe close difference is ibn arabi and ibnul arabi? One is a great scholar and the other one has been make takfeer by some great scholars

Exactly. It's a book that talks alot about the history of ahl ul-bid`ah such as the shi`a, the killings of the Imams.

Back to topic... Reading the stories of the sahabah and their virtues, and their deaths is heat-melting and encouraging. I have seen some of the biggest, most powerful khaatibs delivering a khutbah, and on mentioning the companions they weep.

Many of the `Ullema are reduced to tears when they talk about their teachers. Remember that the `Ullema dedicated their lives to Islaam, their teachers were with them sometimes a good 20 years or more.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Exactly. It's a book that talks alot about the history of ahl ul-bid`ah such as the shi`a, the killings of the Imams.

Back to topic... Reading the stories of the sahabah and their virtues, and their deaths is heat-melting and encouraging. I have seen some of the biggest, most powerful khaatibs delivering a khutbah, and on mentioning the companions they weep.

Many of the `Ullema are reduced to tears when they talk about their teachers. Remember that the `Ullema dedicated their lives to Islaam, their teachers were with them sometimes a good 20 years or more.

I like Salman Al farisi the most so far. I do not know why but his determination in search of the truth, MashAllah . I have to salute this sahaba( RA)