News Imam Hussain Blood Donation Campaign

karbala

The Imam Hussain (AS) Blood Donation Campaign is a voluntary project which aims to encourage more Muslims to give blood .It is held annually during the time of Muharram when the death of Hussein bin Ali, grandson of the Prophet Mohammed is commemorated. It is the first national campaign in the UK which specifically aims to motivate Muslims to join the Blood Register by holding an annual blood drive in multiple cities. The campaign is one of several projects organised by the Islamic Unity Society, a UK registered charity run by volunteers which aims to empower young people through the promotion of social and cultural cohesion.

Blood donation campaign in London:
Blood donation campaign in London.jpg

Blood Donation Campaign in Leeds:
Imam Hussain Blood Donation Campaign in Leeds.jpg

Blood Donation Campaign in Sheffield:
Imam Hussain Blood Donation Campaign in Sheffield.jpg

Blood Donation Campaign in Scottland:
Blood Donation in Scottland.jpg

Last edited:

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salam alaykum

This seems to be a great work for a good purpose (as donating blood) but one thing what confuses me is text in one picture:

"I give blood because... it saves lives in the name of Hussain"

Can we say this when doing something, instead of saying like "in the name of Allah" ? Basicly, can we say "in the name of..." someone else than Allah? I haven´t hear it before.

:confused-82:

Last edited:

karbala

Salam alaykum

This seems to be a great work for a good purpose (as donating blood) but one thing what confuses me is text in one picture:

"I give blood because... it saves lives in the name of Hussain"

Can we say this when doing something, instead of saying like "in the name of Allah" ? Basicly, can we say "in the name of..." someone else than Allah? I haven´t hear it before.

:confused-82:
Alaykum Assalam.
Oh...No. Hussain is the slave of Allah. It doesn't mean what you think.:astaghfirullah:

Last edited:

a_stranger

Every thing we (Muslims) do should be for the pleasure of our creator (Allah) and in accordance with Sunna of our prophet salla Allah alaihi alsalam , when Hamza radia Allah anhu was killed in a very horrible way , our prophet didn't celebrate his death later......(to Allah we belong and to Allah we return).
It is good to donate blood anytime of the year for the sake of Allah. We should do good every moment with pure intention to please Allah .

karbala

when Hamza radia Allah anhu was killed in a very horrible way , our prophet didn't celebrate his death later......(to Allah we belong and to Allah we return).
Blood donation isn't for celebration, but for indicating that Imam Hussain was oppressed and his way is continued, as long as there's cruelty.

a_stranger

Islam since the start is a call for justice ,mercy , equality , .........against any kind of oppression and cruelty , Hussain radia Allah anhu was a truthful follower of Islam just as those who gave their life for Allah subhanahu wa taaala before him ........he was a true follower of our prophet salla Allah alaihi wa sallam , and he would never agree to invent anything more than what our prophet salla Allah alaihi wa sallam did and taught since prophet Mohammad salla Allah alaihi wa sallam was taught by Allah subhanahu wa taaala the perfect way. We need to follow our prophet salla Allah alaihi wa sallam exactly to fight oppression.

zaman-gm

Salam,
I think where was another picture up there when i first see this post. Miss to read that then. What was that actually. Or may be it's my imagination.:)

karbala

Salam,
I think where was another picture up there when i first see this post. Miss to read that then. What was that actually. Or may be it's my imagination.:)
Salamon Alaikom
Because I couldn't explain it to you well, so I removed it till you don't have a misinterpretation. OK? :)

MehmetHilmi

They should do this more around Shia countries and majority areas. It's a much better alternative to tatbir where peoplenearly kill themselves.

Ron-Kid

HasbunAllahu wa ni`mal Wakil '
Es yes, you can say in the name of ..... Anyone beside Allah, please see the link for more details

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
Slaves of the Prophet?! Ok, that's just straight up shirk. These people are closer to Christians than Muslims if that's how they truly believe.

a_stranger

Since the start of Islam Shaytan is doing his best to put impurity in hearts and deviat them from Allah the one creator of all , this is his fruit making partners to Allah subhanahu wa taaala.