IMPORTANT: Info regarding US states with most Muslims ??

nblueblaze

A Brother
Salaam everybody,

I am thinking of pursuing my MS in Chemical Engineering from USA. I find it very difficult to select Universities of my choice. While Reputation of an University is definitely very important but so is size of muslim population of that place in which the University is located. I am looking forward to studying in a place in US where I should not feel alone being a muslim, where I can find a mosque to offer namaz with fellow muslims and most importantly can enjoy Eids (Fitr & Zuha) with other muslims.

It would be extremely helpful to me if some forum members come forward giving me names of states or cities or names of specific Universities where there are sizable number muslim population in USA.

Thanks a lot.

Faisal_01

Art is my Expression
Harvard, Brown, Yale, MIT, UFS, USF, NYU, University of Texas, UCF, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, etc.

nblueblaze

A Brother
---cont...

Names of US States or US cities or Names of Specific Universities even links regarding survey of muslim population in USA is most Welcome.

nblueblaze

A Brother
I gave you specific names of Universities. For the links, hit up Google. Very easy to find.

Thanks a lot Faisal. I sincerely thank you for your post and your advice. I have a friend studying at Indiana State Univ. and he told me that there is a lot of racism in Texas is that true?

Other members plz pitch in ur inputs. Thanks

Faisal_01

Art is my Expression
Thanks a lot Faisal. I sincerely thank you for your post and your advice. I have a friend studying at Indiana State Univ. and he told me that there is a lot of racism in Texas is that true?

Other members plz pitch in ur inputs. Thanks

I personally don't live/lived in TX and I heard different things from different Muslims on racism in Texas so I can't give a direct answer to that. Some say it exists, and some (my cousins) say it doesn't. It's a matter of how you look at it I guess. One thing I can tell you that I know for a fact is that TX does have it's fair share of Christian conservatives, that may cause some problems for some people. Again, it really depends on how you look at what is in front of you.

iislam4ever

Servant of Allah 247
Virginia is the best place to meet muslims from all around the world. there are a lot of muslim population from different ethnicity and masallah a lot of mosques too...
IN COLLEGES we have a clud kowns as MSA(muslim student associate) , we do variety of activates such inviting Imaams and scholars to talk about islam & fundraising to help needy people and a lot more...some colleges to take into consideration:George Washington, George Mason, George Town,
James Madison, Virginia Tech, Willam’s nd Marry etc

nblueblaze

A Brother
Virginia is the best place to meet muslims from all around the world. there are a lot of muslim population from different ethnicity and masallah a lot of mosques too...
IN COLLEGES we have a clud kowns as MSA(muslim student associate) , we do variety of activates such inviting Imaams and scholars to talk about islam & fundraising to help needy people and a lot more...some colleges to take into consideration:George Washington, George Mason, George Town,
James Madison, Virginia Tech, Willam’s nd Marry etc

Thanks a lot for your valuable post Iisalm4ever. Information regarding Virginia state is really a great help. I thank you again.

Other members plz do post your valuable comments and advice.

Salika

~mUsLiMaH~
:salam2:
For those who have suggested Virgina Tech, you do know what happend awhile back right. Not that you should base your decision on that, just be careful. I would suggest U of M in Dearborn Michigan because it's known for its engineering and its located in an area where the Arab population is the highest in US, so I hear. I plan to apply there also, InshaAllah.

nblueblaze

A Brother
:salam2:
For those who have suggested Virgina Tech, you do know what happend awhile back right. Not that you should base your decision on that, just be careful. I would suggest U of M in Dearborn Michigan because it's known for its engineering and its located in an area where the Arab population is the highest in US, so I hear. I plan to apply there also, InshaAllah.

Salaam Salika,
First letme thank you for posting your valuable comments in my thread. I didnt know about Univ of Michigan-Dearborn Michigan...your post is extremely informative...will definitely look up for more info about U of M in Dearborn Michigan over internet...If its not too much trouble for you plz do mention about the untoward incident happened at Virginia tech...thanks again..:shake:

So far I have valuable posts regarding the state of Texas, Virginia and Michigan. Also I have been able to get useful info regarding some specific univ. Other members plz do post your valuable comments and advice and help me decide.

nblueblaze

A Brother
Request your inputs.

Forum members plz post your suggestions.

Can some one tell me about the state of Florida i.e. muslim population in the state of florida? How is Univ of Florida (Gainesville)?

Thanks.

nblueblaze

A Brother
Ohh....this thread is dead already....no posts....anyway, can someone suggest states a muslim student should avoid i.e. states whose residents are extremely intolerant towards Islam?

dianek

Don't forget Virginia Commonwealt University in Richmond, VA. As far as VA TECH....it is a safe school. What happened was tragic and is in no way a reflection on the school. The school has worked very hard to increase security practices and early warning notifications. The guy who did what he did was a NUT and NUTS are EVERYWHERE. I love VA Tech and I love the Blacksburg area. A huge majority of my high school friends attended VA Tech and they loved it! Virginia has some wonderful muslim communities in their universities. NORTHERN VA has a HUGE population and a ton of mosques. Good luck with your search.

nblueblaze

A Brother
Don't forget Virginia Commonwealt University in Richmond, VA. As far as VA TECH....it is a safe school. What happened was tragic and is in no way a reflection on the school. The school has worked very hard to increase security practices and early warning notifications. The guy who did what he did was a NUT and NUTS are EVERYWHERE. I love VA Tech and I love the Blacksburg area. A huge majority of my high school friends attended VA Tech and they loved it! Virginia has some wonderful muslim communities in their universities. NORTHERN VA has a HUGE population and a ton of mosques. Good luck with your search.

Thanks dianek!

JazaakAllah Khairun.

ShyHijabi

Salaam,

University of Florida is a huge campus and is considered a top notch school to attend for a degree in engineering. I am not sure about the Muslims population though. Gainsville is ensconsed in the bible belt and is mostly a Christian population. I sugeest to google their site and see if you can pull up info on the MSA. Halaal food will be difficult to get your hands on there as I can tell you as a North Florida native.

Someone mentioned Dearborn Michigan, it was on the news as the most heavily populated area of Muslims in the US. So if your interests are having plenty of mosques and fellows Muslims around, that is most likely your best bet.

Wasalaam

~Sarah

a_brother

Make dua for us all
Forum members plz post your suggestions.

Can some one tell me about the state of Florida i.e. muslim population in the state of florida? How is Univ of Florida (Gainesville)?

Thanks.

UF and USF are great schools and has many muslims (USF would have more muslims than UF)