IMPORTANT: Info regarding US states with most Muslims ??

kayleigh

:salam2:

Check the Pew Research. They just did a pretty comprehensive study on Muslims in the US (well, all religions in the US). If the university is in a larger city you're bound to have a larger Muslim community just because of all the students. Dearborne is obvious, but pretty much anywhere in California, the East coast, Chicago, etc., is good.

nblueblaze

A Brother
Salaam,

University of Florida is a huge campus and is considered a top notch school to attend for a degree in engineering. I am not sure about the Muslims population though. Gainsville is ensconsed in the bible belt and is mostly a Christian population. I sugeest to google their site and see if you can pull up info on the MSA. Halaal food will be difficult to get your hands on there as I can tell you as a North Florida native.

Someone mentioned Dearborn Michigan, it was on the news as the most heavily populated area of Muslims in the US. So if your interests are having plenty of mosques and fellows Muslims around, that is most likely your best bet.

Wasalaam

~Sarah

Thanks a lot for your post, Sarah.
I also thank other members-Qur'an&Sunnah and nickandsadiesmom for their inputs regarding CUNY and U of Arkansas.

Some one plz provide inputs regarding Pennsylvania and Georgia (state and Universities) i.e muslim population, safety issues etc.

JazakAllah Khaairun

soeurette

Assalam Alaikum,
Massachusetts definitely has a large muslim population especially in boston, basically all the universities have Muslim Student Associations and in Boston they are wicked active, and we just built a new Islamic Center and have a MAS chapter that also is active

nizar83

selemu aleikum

i dont understand...why we as muslims try to avoid places where there is rascism.
first of all, there is and will be rascism everywhere you go in this world..except if ALLAH subhanawata3ala wants to change this.
secondly, why would you want to avoid these places, when you have the help of ALLAH subhanawata3ala on your side..nobody cann beat a muslim who stands strong in his religion.
and thirdly, we should always try to follow the sunnah of our prophet mohammed salalahu wa3alayhi wasalam, even tho it can be very hard at times..
mohammed salalahu wa3alayhi wasalam didnt avoid any place where he was spreading the words of ALLAH subhanawata3ala true islam! so why should we?

off course, if your ouwns afety would be in danger, than i can understand why a muslim wouldnt want to live in a certain area..and ALLAH subhana wata3ala knows best

inshalaah we will stand strong because we believe in ALLAH and the last day.

nblueblaze

A Brother
selemu aleikum

i dont understand...why we as muslims try to avoid places where there is rascism.
first of all, there is and will be rascism everywhere you go in this world..except if ALLAH subhanawata3ala wants to change this.
secondly, why would you want to avoid these places, when you have the help of ALLAH subhanawata3ala on your side..nobody cann beat a muslim who stands strong in his religion.
and thirdly, we should always try to follow the sunnah of our prophet mohammed salalahu wa3alayhi wasalam, even tho it can be very hard at times..
mohammed salalahu wa3alayhi wasalam didnt avoid any place where he was spreading the words of ALLAH subhanawata3ala true islam! so why should we?

off course, if your ouwns afety would be in danger, than i can understand why a muslim wouldnt want to live in a certain area..and ALLAH subhana wata3ala knows best

inshalaah we will stand strong because we believe in ALLAH and the last day.

i cant argue with your point...its very much true but sort of impractical advice to an international muslim student who is going to USA where he is not having any relatives/friends to ask help for in case of any difficulty or danger. My soul aid is of course be Allah(swt) but I always need my muslim brothers & sisters by my side. It is for this reason I am asking places where there is sizable muslim population where I can feel 'at home' being 'away from home'. Perhaps you didnt read my first post properly.

I admire your atitude, you are inneed brave. I being an Indian muslim seen the degree of animosity towards muslims is in our country...hence I am kinda skeptical (read 'sort of nervous') about US' atitude towards our faith.

Kindly read my first post. I admire your point but do not support it 'fully'. kindly refrain from giving advices which do not help me remotely.

nblueblaze

A Brother
Assalam Alaikum,
Massachusetts definitely has a large muslim population especially in boston, basically all the universities have Muslim Student Associations and in Boston they are wicked active, and we just built a new Islamic Center and have a MAS chapter that also is active

Thanks you for your post soeurette. Will keep in mind the U of Massachuttes at Amherst.

JazakAllah Khaairun