Important Question about becoming Muslim

rightpath_357

Smal Steps

Hey everyone.
I'm relatively new to this Turn To Islam, I have already introduced myself, and have been reading up on recent posts.
I am enjoying this site very much - it is very informative.

As you may or may not know, I am not Muslim. I am born Catholic, but not practicing because I do not agree with everything my religion stands for.
I study religion at my University, and have always been very interested in all religions of the world. Currently I have been putting much thought into the religion of Islam. I do agree with many parts and aspects of it, yet some I do not (which of course is normal for me :p)

I have been considering saying my shahadah. I have been back and forth on the subject and idea of going through with it. Mostly because I have been confused about certain things, mainly one being my profession and talents.
I am a ballet student, have been all my life. Ballet has been a huge part of my life and I have worked very hard to get to the level and profession that I am at right now. Of course, considering my level, I do have to work with male partners. I also am a model, which I have learned is not widely accepted in Islam.

I guess my question is, if I do decide to become a Muslim...say my shahadah...would I be compelled to drop these two things that I hold so dear to my heart?

Opinions would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks

CrystalHijab

:SMILY206::SMILY252::SMILY206::SMILY252::SMILY206::SMILY252::SMILY206: (oh- just a bit of decoration!)

Dopn't worry sister. Joining Islam dosen't mean dropping what you love most right away. take small steps. Maybe you could do ballet in an only womens group. You could also try to wear more covering while ur posing (model) maybe u could do a model for hijab! :lol:

JustTruth

Allahu Akbar!!! If you didn't already do it then take your Shahada right away and worry about the other stuff later, Allah willing.

muaz bin jabbal

helo

First thing first,im glad and proud of you,my advice to you ,take the shahadah,all this thoughts thats coming to mind is all from satan .HE wants to find any excuse to not make you a muslim.Remember ROME was not built in one day,so you not going to change over night.Im nt saying that you must continue doing what you doing but let me leave you with this advice ,THE PATH TO PARADISE IS FULL OF THORNS BUT THE PATH TO HELLFIRE IS FULL OF ROSES ,when you turn to Allah swt ,he opens doors to which you neva expected

umm hussain

Hie

I was born and raised catholic as well and music was a really big part of my life but it is amazing if you believe something in your heart sincerely you will give it up for what you believe in.
Like you said anyway you are not really convinced about Islam so until then wish you all the best and if one day you are really convinced trust me you will take your shahada and being raised in the West is not an excuse, you will be surprised to know there are many women born and raised in the west with the same ideologies as you or some even stronger, feminism for example who have embraced Islam and take it sas their way of life.

Read some converts/reverts stories and you might understand what i mean. For those who say I will Never stop doing a,b,c, never say never because you never know what the future holds. Who would have ever thought I would ever have become Muslim.

Wish you all the best in your studies