In need of advice....again

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..
Assalam Alykom

First of all sister let me say that Allah taa'la love you, otherwise Allah would not guide you to the right path in the first place mashallah...

I had a situation in my life where everytime I pray I used to feel stress out so much that affect my life, the more I prayed the more I felt stressed out, and when I stopped pryaing I felt that I can manage life more efficency but that was a lie that Satan whispered into my ears and I believed it. But ALhamdullah I got over it, because I remembered death everytime I felt sad, stressed out, and I felt the joy of the blessing that Allah taa'la gave me.... ''If I die knowing I stopped praying because I could manage life matters, I would be a true looser. I Feel afraid to die today before later this evening. We are weak because, we mainly realize the good blessing that Allah gave us until we loose it. Sister do not loose the main reason we are breathing, do give up to Satan who want to take us with him to hell fire. Sometimes I buy match stick, and lighted up, so that I feel the pain of the fire, how fast did I realized that Hell fire is worse than the match, and how fast did I stop thinking negatively not knowing whether I will have my soul in body by tonight..''

Sister always remember that Allah taa'la punishment is nothing to compare to the stress that we go thorough. As long breathing, we have a duty to accomplish and that is to worship the one and only Allah taa'la. Allah showed us the right way sister, and lets remember there are people with no parents at all, lost in this world wish for someone to help, no matter the dispute between ur parents, thank Allah you have parents, and ask Allah the strength to keep you going.

'' There was very old man, he had no hands and no legs, but he had a young son who took care of him, cleaning, feeding his father. The father always smile and says '' Thank you Allah, Thank you Allah'', his son asked him ''father what do you have to thank Allah'', the father replied ''I have a tongue to remember Allah taa'la, but there are people do not have what I have, thats why I thank Allah''. His son went to a forest to get some wood, but the Fox and dogs ate him. When the father heard that he cried and said '' Alhamdullah, and I thank Allah taa'la'', after two days he passed away from the mercy of Allah.. Subhanah Allah, such an example for all of us sister, the problem we going through is nothing compare to this.. Remain strong sister, meet other sisters in the mosque, who will remain by ur side, and always remember Allah can solve all your problems by simply saying ''Be'' and it will be. Do not let Satan beat us while we have the weapon ''remembering Allah''..

Sorry for the long reply.. May Allah increase your iman, and I will remember you in my dua inshallah. Our hearts is between the fingers of Allah taa'la, ask Allah to make your heart firm in Islam, and to increase your Iman''.....

we all love you for the sake of Allah..''do not hesitate to ask us about anything inshallah, if you ever needed an ear to listen, an honest answer, from a true brothers and sisters, we always be there inshallah''

Wassalam alykom...

Wassalam alykom

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother...I reread my post. I will give you the same advise: chill. Let it go. I fear you are acting like a spoiled child. That is not the way of a Muslim man. Let it go.

sunnahwarrior

faith

:salam2:

Sister, you might find following articles useful.

Link: http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/14041/decrease faith

I want to strengthen my faith
could you please write me something inspirational that will lift my iman.
I do the basics required by me pray fast, make dua, read islamic literature be good to my parents, give sadaqa but I just don't feel like I'm doing anything extra, or striving and making jihad. Please help me.

Praise be to Allaah.

On this site there is an essay entitled “Weakness of Faith, which gives a detailed description of the weakness of faith that many people suffer, and explains the causes and the remedy. We advise you to read it. Here is the link:

[http://63.175.194.25/books/dofuleeman/english.html].

There follow two pieces of advice from major scholars, in addition to the above, summing up what is required on your part:

1 – We advise you to read Qur’aan a great deal, listen to its recitation and ponder the meanings of what you read and listen to, as much as you can. If you find anything difficult to understand then ask the scholars in your country or write to other Sunni scholars for advice.

We also advise you to remember Allaah a great deal (dhikr) with the dhikrs narrated in the saheeh ahaadeeth, such as “Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah (there is no god except Allaah)”, “Subhaan-Allaah wa’l-hamdu Lillaah wa laa ilaaha ill-Allaah wa Allaahu akbar (Glory be to Allaah, praise be to Allaah, there is no god except Allaah and Allaah is Most Great)”, and so on. For more information on this see al-Kalim al-Tayyib by Ibn Taymiyah; al-Waabil al-Sayyib by Ibn al-Qayyim; Riyaadh al-Saaliheen [available in English]; al-Adhkaar al-Nawawiyyah by Imaam al-Nawawi, and so on.

Remembering Allaah (dhikr) increases faith and brings peace of mind. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“verily, in the remembrance of Allaah do hearts find rest”

[al-Ra’d 13:28]

Regularly perform acts of worship such as prayer, fasting and the other pillars of Islam, whilst hoping for the mercy of Allaah and putting your trust in Him in all your affairs. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“The believers are only those who, when Allaah is mentioned, feel a fear in their hearts and when His Verses (this Qur’aan) are recited unto them, they (i.e. the Verses) increase their Faith; and they put their trust in their Lord (Alone);

Who perform As-Salaah (Iqaamat‑as‑ Salaah) and spend out of that We have provided them.

It is they who are the believers in truth. For them are grades of dignity with their Lord, and forgiveness and a generous provision (Paradise).” [al-Anfaal 8:2]

Standing Committee for Issuing Fatwas, 3/185, 186

2 – Faith is also increased by obeying Allaah, and it decreases when one disobeys Him. So adhere to doing that which Allaah has enjoined such as performing the prayers on time in congregation in the mosque, praying zakaah willingly to purify yourself of sin and show compassion towards the poor and needy, sitting with good and righteous people so that they will help you to apply sharee’ah and guide you to that which will bring you happiness in this world and in the Hereafter.

Avoid the followers of bid’ah and sinners, lest they tempt you and weaken your resolve to do good.

Do a lot of voluntary good actions, turn to Allaah, and ask Him for strength.

If you do that, Allaah will increase you in faith and you will make up for lost time, and Allaah will increase you in goodness and steadfastness in adhering to Islam.

Standing Committee for Issuing Fatwas, 3/187.
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Sister, from my personal experience, it could be that we still not understand enough what we read in the Quran. Reading without pondering and feeling the meaning of the verses would not impact much to our faith, as mentioned by the quotation above.

Usually, when I am reading Quran, the calm would also come if I also read the meaning, and sometimes the interpretation, which lets us feel the actual meaning and Allah's intention to such verse.

Moreover, we feel my eeman/faith increasing and the joy in my heart when we leave the haraam things or even things in 'gray area' or we call it as 'shubhaat' and we do good things for example salaat, attending islamic lectures,etc. It is happening. And honestly, I already knew such 'logic' but could not feel and deeply understand it until we actually did it.

So, my suggestion is that probably, you spend more times with other sisters so that you can learn more about islam, and if you are free, you might like to attend lectures at nearby mosques and possibly go to charity activities, i.e. visiting the poors or orphans. This will make our hearts soften and consequently inshaAllah will push ourselves to close to Allah.

Narrated Anas: The Prophet said, "Whoever possesses the following three qualities will have the sweetness (delight) of faith: 1. The one to whom Allah and His Apostle becomes dearer than anything else. 2. Who loves a person and he loves him only for Allah's sake. 3. Who hates to revert to Atheism (disbelief) as he hates to be thrown into the fire."
May Allah bless all of us in faith and islam.

Allah knows best.

BrotherMatthew

Land of the free
:salam2: al-salamu alikom

Sister in Islam, the devil is trying to tempt you, do not listen to him.
I used to be in the same situation as you (and still somewhat still are), but as some posters before me said, take it slow. Try to do anything that makes you happy and do what pleases Allaah. Allaah is As-Samī, or The All Hearing. He listens to whatever you say and whatever you think. He will reward you and is pleased when you do things that please Him.

Whenever you feel like you are very depressed or feel simply bad inside, or feel tempted to do something wrong, say this:
''A-ozu billahi mena shaitaan Arrajeem'', which means ''I seek refuge in Allah from the cursed Satan''. Satan has no power over you when Allaah guides you.
Stay strong :)

subhanAllah:jazaak:

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

i am word by word in a similar situation.

i think it is something to do with the general situation in the world today and muslims in particular.

some reasons i think are.

1 loneliness
2 materialism
3 even muslims anxiety to feel at home in the 'new world order
4 tremendous pressures of society , media
5 satan
6 computers internet

and more i think its enuf

so sister i solve this by reading a real quran and pondering over its meanings
spending some time in mosque.
chatting with like minded muslims.
not taking every word of parents friends commentary literally.
just repeating to myself this is a test
and evrything eventually pases away.
reading stories of the sahaba
i particularly like the story of musab bin umair (salaam to him) and hiscondition before and after islaam
lastly i think its very important to say alhamdullillah hi kulle haal -that all praise is for Allah in all conditions because it is an uncontestable truth

also i try to think if i am discharging my duties as a muslim properly.towards Allah and towards parents ,relatives general muslims and then i see why i am feeling so terrible.

so lets share in others joys and sorrows.

if u visit a sick person Allahs Mercy envelops you as long as you stay with him -hadith

dont give up vecause thats not an option
lastly lets Love Allah because we shall be loved by Him.where are the people who got up at nights sought forgiveness and prayed tahajjud?

dna1987

Muslim Guy
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother...I reread my post. I will give you the same advise: chill. Let it go. I fear you are acting like a spoiled child. That is not the way of a Muslim man. Let it go.

Er...why did you comment on a thread that's almost 4 years old? (From 2007, the comment right above your one).

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
sister please visit this link on turntoislam for help with salah and making connection with Allah.

its beautiful and it helped me so much. it was recently posted by one of the sisters on this site. may allah bless her and reward her for the thread and site she shared.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?p=491778#post491778

read a little bit every now and then, summarise and make notes as you go, and read over the notes during the day or before salah, and during salah remember what you learnt from this thread / the site it gives you.

you will love it. it will make you cry because you'll be happy inshallah.

:ma::tti_sister:

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us
:salam2:

SubhanAllah, Alhamdulillah, I hope sister Shannox is all comfortable now, it has been more than 4 years now, since this thread :p.