Indian Muslims Want Sober `Eid

revert-sister

Proud to be a MUSLIM
CAIRO — Feeling the pain of their country which is mourning the loss of 172 people in last week's Mumbai attacks, Indian Muslim leaders are planning a sober celebration of `Eid al-Adha.
"We have to think above caste, class, region and religion," the All India Organization of Imams of Mosques (AIOIM) said in a statement cited by Times of India on Thursday, December 4.
"It’s an attack on India and all true Indians should come forward and salute the martyrs who sacrificed their lives for the sake of the country."
At least 172 people, including 26 foreigners, were killed and 296 were injured in a wave of coordinated attacks on the western city of Mumbai.
Ten militants struck a number of targets in India's financial capital, including two luxury hotels, Mumbai's main railway terminus, a Jewish center and Cama hospital.
It took Indian commandoes nearly 60 hours to bring the situation under control and free the scores of hostages held by the attackers.
"We are deeply aggrieved by the loss of human lives and especially by the brutal killing of Jews," said the AIOIM.
The umbrella body, which comprises 530,000 Sunni and Shiite members, urged Indian Muslims to celebrate `Eid al-Adha, one of the two main religious festivals on the Islamic calendar, in a sober way.
They asked Muslims, estimated at 140 million in India, to wear black ribbons to show solidarity with the victims.
Muslims worldwide will celebrate `Eid Al-Adha, which marks the end of the annual hajj journey, on Monday, December 8.
Muslim groups and organizations in Maharashtra, of which Mumbai is the capital, have decided not to accept the burial of the attackers in Muslim cemeteries.
Delink Islam
The AIOIM will also be organizing an international conference to delink Islam and terrorism.
"Our priority is to invite religious heads from countries like Pakistan, Afghanistan and Palestine, which are victims of terrorism in one way or the other," said AIOIM General Secretary Umer Ahmed Ilyasi.
More than 500 Muslim scholars from across the world are expected to show up for the conference.
Thousands of Muslim scholars from across India denounced last month terrorism as a violation of Islamic teachings.
This came shortly after thousands of scholars, managers and teachers of madrasahs from across India met at the famed Darul-Uloom seminary to condemn terrorism as well as attempts to associate Islam with violence.
Ilyasi, the AIOIM leader, said the conference would demand that all militant groups to remove words with Islamic connotations from their names.
"How can a terrorist organization like the Jaish-e-Mohammad, which believes in bloodbath, use the name of Prophet Muhammad, who was one of the greatest messengers of peace," he stressed.
"It is highly condemnable."

Tru3m0sl3m

Brother in ISLAM
Assalamu 'alaykum
I am an Indian and i've not commented on this issue because i felt it is just a BAD SCRIPT WITH BAD ACTORS AND BAD STORYLINE and i'd rate the whole drama 1/10 and people who are doing all this "condemning the act" are in the play!

abuayesha

:wasalam:

Mourning for dead is only 3 days except those who lost their husbands. For widows it is the Iddaa period.

Anyone who teaches contrary to the Islaamic teachings is guiding the Ummaa through innovation. All innovation will be leading to Jahannam.

We should definitely condemn the terrorist act. No MUSLIM supports TERRORISM.

May Allaah protect all Muslims from following other cultures.

Wassalaam

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

as of the time of my writing this, EID UL ADHA has already happened a week ago, yet this is still a very interesting thread. i do feel bad for innocent lives lost, but i feel that celebrating EID in a somber way is contrary to the spirit of islam. not only that, but celebrating EID in this fashion is like apologizing for something that we didn't do. as much as i hate what happened on 9/11, i do not apologize for what happened that day. because when we do that, it's as if we are saying that we were indeed a part of that. we as muslims believe that no man bears the burden of another man or woman's sins. i disagree with the imams that called for this.
:wasalam:

salek

tortures on muslims in India

sister, it was another drama, plotting against islam like september 11. just to making an excuse to pave the way to the hindu extremists to attack on muslims in India,burn their houses, lotting their property and everything and kill them untill their thrust of blood continues. do you how many muslims lost their lives till now after the mumbai drama? nobody knows, cause the newspaper and media is never gonna disclose that India.They are so patriotic. And some muslim media? they are under the cave now. muslims there, they just remain silent now to avoid bigger attack.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
sister, it was another drama, plotting against islam like september 11. just to making an excuse to pave the way to the hindu extremists to attack on muslims in India,burn their houses, lotting their property and everything and kill them untill their thrust of blood continues. do you how many muslims lost their lives till now after the mumbai drama? nobody knows, cause the newspaper and media is never gonna disclose that India.They are so patriotic. And some muslim media? they are under the cave now. muslims there, they just remain silent now to avoid bigger attack.

I agree with you , and i would also like to act why would muslims go through this when Indian Govt just wants to play the blame game and is not doing anything on the national level why are muslims going against the tradition ... they should be happy for the people that went to hajj ... by doing this i feel like muslims are kinda oppressing themselves

Hasana jafreen

all praise 2 allah
i am indian.i had a happy eid n was happy for my relatives performing haj.i do feel bad for the mumbai incident but it correct that why should we apologise for some thing that we didnt do.we should pray allah that incident like this should never happen again.so many lives are gone.this is so sad.their family condition is really pathetic.anyway lets pray allah for peaceful world

voiceofkashmir

These so called Indian Imams and the indian muslims never say a word about 100,000 killing of Kashmiri muslims by indian army terrorists and police terrorists from past 18 years alone.... !!!!

These so called indian imams and indian muslims didnt said a word when the biggest masjid ( Jamia Masjid) in Srinagar Kashmir is not being prayed in by muslims from past 6 weeks because the indian administration in Kashmir and the Indian army and police have barricaded it from all sides and are beating kashmiri muslims who want to pray in the majid. !!!.

The truth is that Indian muslims are weak and have no voice and power to what is happening in India. They fear that Hindus will kill them once again and they make these stories and statements.

My question to indian muslims- Do you think that with this the Indian Government and the society at large will believe you are Indian!!!! No way.

May Allah have mercy on you- who still are living in dreams and past history of your muslim emperors in india.

Hasana jafreen

all praise 2 allah
These so called Indian Imams and the indian muslims never say a word about 100,000 killing of Kashmiri muslims by indian army terrorists and police terrorists from past 18 years alone.... !!!!

These so called indian imams and indian muslims didnt said a word when the biggest masjid ( Jamia Masjid) in Srinagar Kashmir is not being prayed in by muslims from past 6 weeks because the indian administration in Kashmir and the Indian army and police have barricaded it from all sides and are beating kashmiri muslims who want to pray in the majid. !!!.

The truth is that Indian muslims are weak and have no voice and power to what is happening in India. They fear that Hindus will kill them once again and they make these stories and statements.

My question to indian muslims- Do you think that with this the Indian Government and the society at large will believe you are Indian!!!! No way.

May Allah have mercy on you- who still are living in dreams and past history of your muslim emperors in india.
)

asalamu alaikum brother.i completely can understand ur situation.but as u said we are helpless.our government is like that.but whereever we are v r muslims.so i will keep on pray for our peace.lets us hope that everything will be alright.allah swt will help us.insha allah