is April fool allowed in islam????

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
salamualaikum brothers and sisters

Most of us celebrate April fool day every year and fool each other. Isn't it? But how many of us know the bitter facts hidden behind it. It was around a thousand years ago that Spain was ruled by Muslims. And the Muslim
power in Spain was so strong that it couldn't be destroyed. The Christians of the west wished to wipe out Islam from all parts of the world and they did succeed to quite an extent. But when they tried to eliminate Islam in Spain and conquer it, they failed. They tried several times but never succeeded.

The unbelievers then sent their spies in Spain to study the Muslims there and find out what was the power they possessed and they found that their power was TAQWA.

The Muslims of Spain were not just Muslims but they were practicing Muslims.

They not only read the Quran but also acted upon it.

They also said no to music, they said no to beer, wine and all the other things forbidden in Islam.

If they read about Hijab in the Holy Quran they practiced it too unlike most of us today. (Faith without Practice is disastrous-Hadith), so let us join hands and promise to become true practicing Muslims.

When the Christians found the power of the Muslims they started thinking of strategies to break this power. So they started sending alcohol and cigarettes to Spain, free of cost. This technique of the west worked out and it started weakening the faith of the Muslims in particular the young generation of Spain. The result was that the Catholics of the west wiped out Islam and conquered the entire Spain bringing an end to the EIGHT HUNDRED LONG RULE OF THE MUSLIMS in Spain. The last fall of the Muslims was the Grenada (Ghornata) fall which was on the 1st of April.

From that year onwards, every year they celebrate April fools day on the 1st of April, celebrating the day, they made a fool of the Muslims. They did not make a fool of the Muslim army at Gharnatah only, but of the whole
Muslim Ummah. We, the Muslims, were fooled by the unbelievers. They have a reason to celebrate April fool day, to keep up the spirit.

Dear brothers and sisters why are we celebrating our own foolishness, our own downfall, why?

The answer is due to ignorance, right? When we join in this celebration, we do so out of ignorance. If we had known about it, we would never have celebrated our own downfall.

Now that we are aware of it, let us promise that we shall never celebrate this day.

We should learn our lesson from the people of Spain, and we should try to become practicing Muslims, never to let anybody weaken our faith.

Create an awareness to your friends about this article it is a true fact and prove that...

WE ARE NOT FOOLS ANYMORE!!!

Sanaa01

Muslima
1st April - a day when people lie, play jokes and mock in the name of entertainment. This ugly practice of lying, which is considered to be merely a humor, is known to have caused great harm to many. Even trauma and deaths. Still this dishonest tradition is not only practiced among the common masses, but also newspapers and magazines participate in it by publishing false news and untrue stories on the first day of April!

Much is said about the origin of this practice, however what concerns the most to the Muslims is that it is a tradition which directly contradicts the teachings and morals of Islam.

Lying is a characteristic of hypocrisy and Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) strictly forbade lying at all times. He (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said: “Let he who truly believes in Allah and the Last Day speak good or be silent.” [Saheeh al-Bukharee] Moreover, he (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) has specifically cursed the person who lies to make people laugh, he said: “Woe be on one who speaks and lies in order to make people laugh, woe be on him.” [Abu Dawood]

The above Ahaadeeth show the gravity of participating in the false tradition of April Fool, which the Western tradition appreciates and encourages claiming that it brings joy and amusement, whereas the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) forbade lying and deceiving even if the intention of the person is to amuse people.

Abd al-Rahman Ibn Abi Laylaa said: “The companions of the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) told us that they were traveling with the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam). A man among them fell asleep and some of them went and took his arrows. When the man woke up, he got alarmed (because his arrows were missing) and the people laughed. The Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said: “What are you laughing at?” They said, “Nothing, except that we took the arrows and he got alarmed.” The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said: “It is not permissible for a Muslim to frighten another Muslim.” [Abu Dawood (5004) and Musnad Ahmad. Authenticated by Shaikh al-Albanee in Saheeh al-Jamee (7658)]

He (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) described the severe punishments for the liars and said: “I saw (in a dream), two men came to me. They said, 'The person, the one whose cheek you saw being torn away (from the mouth to the ear) was a liar and used to tell lies and the people would report those lies on his authority till they spread all over the world. So he will be punished like that till the Day of Resurrection.'” [Saheeh al-Bukharee (vol. 8, no: 118)]

May Allah protect us from indulging ourselves in such dishonest activities and may He give us the strength to withstand such practices when they tend to infect our Muslim Society. Ameen!

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:salam2:

This was my take on it to determine that it is not something a Muslim should participate in...so this is STRICTLY PERSONAL OPINION..I'm not making a fatwa! (I really don't want anyone to go after me and I end up writing about 50 replies to clarify my point!)

1. It involves making up stuff (i.e. lying)..and lying is despised in Islam..in fact it is one of the 3 traits of hypocrites..I don't know why anyone would want to purposely *seek* a trait of a hypocrite just to get *a laugh*.

2. It involves scaring others..shocking them..or getting them worried..I would assume that most of us here on TTI have friends who are most if not ALL Muslim..(mine are all Muslim)...and Rasulullah FORBADE scaring another Muslim even as a JOKE (this comes from a hadith I read once)..and I do not want to earn a thanb for something like *that*!

3. It is a practice done by non-Muslims..it comes from them..they originated it..and we are not to imitate them..so I must avoid and discourage celebrating it to comply with this matter.

4. The whole concept of April Fools is..*lame*..*immature*..and *sums up* the phrase *waste of time* like NO OTHER!..and these are 3 things which make me tick..and I just cannot stand!..so to keep my cool..I will undoubtly stay away from anything that brings them my way

Pretty short..pretty simple..pretty sweet :)

:wasalam:

stiks

Amatur-Rahman

Most of us celebrate April fool day every year and fool each other. Isn't it? But how many of us know the bitter facts hidden behind it. It was around a thousand years ago that Spain was ruled by Muslims. And the Muslim
power in Spain was so strong that it couldn't be destroyed. The Christians of the west wished to wipe out Islam from all parts of the world and they did succeed to quite an extent. But when they tried to eliminate Islam in Spain and conquer it, they failed. They tried several times but never succeeded.

The unbelievers then sent their spies in Spain to study the Muslims there and find out what was the power they possessed and they found that their power was TAQWA.

They also said no to music, they said no to beer, wine and all the other things forbidden in Islam.

If they read about Hijab in the Holy Quran they practiced it too unlike most of us today. (Faith without Practice is disastrous-Hadith), so let us join hands and promise to become true practicing Muslims.

When the Christians found the power of the Muslims they started thinking of strategies to break this power. So they started sending alcohol and cigarettes to Spain, free of cost. This technique of the west worked out and it started weakening the faith of the Muslims in particular the young generation of Spain. The result was that the Catholics of the west wiped out Islam and conquered the entire Spain bringing an end to the EIGHT HUNDRED LONG RULE OF THE MUSLIMS in Spain. The last fall of the Muslims was the Grenada (Ghornata) fall which was on the 1st of April.

From that year onwards, every year they celebrate April fools day on the 1st of April, celebrating the day, they made a fool of the Muslims. They did not make a fool of the Muslim army at Gharnatah only, but of the whole
Muslim Ummah. We, the Muslims, were fooled by the unbelievers. They have a reason to celebrate April fool day, to keep up the spirit.

Dear brothers and sisters why are we celebrating our own foolishness, our own downfall, why?

The answer is due to ignorance, right? When we join in this celebration, we do so out of ignorance. If we had known about it, we would never have celebrated our own downfall.

Now that we are aware of it, let us promise that we shall never celebrate this day.

We should learn our lesson from the people of Spain, and we should try to become practicing Muslims, never to let anybody weaken our faith.

Create an awareness to your friends about this article it is a true fact and prove that...

Wa'aleykum salaam,

Is there a way i can verify this info?

jundulah

CAN YOU GIVE US THE SOURCE OF YOUR CLAIM?

Unleashed

This from Wikipedia. Similar information on Snopes.

The origin of April Fools' Day is obscure.

One likely theory is that the modern holiday was first celebrated soon after the adoption of the Gregorian Calendar; the term referred to someone still adhering to the Julian Calendar, which it replaced.

In many pre-Christian cultures May Day (May 1) was celebrated as the first day of summer, and signalled the start of the spring planting season. An April Fool was someone who did this prematurely.

Another origin is that April 1 was counted the first day of the year in France. When King Charles IX changed that to January 1, some people stayed with April 1. Those who did were called "April Fools" and were taunted by their neighbors.

In the eighteenth century the festival was often posited as going back to the times of Noah. An English newspaper article published on April 13th, 1789 said that the day had its origins when he sent the raven off too early, before the waters had receded. He did this on the first day of the Hebrew month that corresponds with April.

A possible reference to April Fools' Day can be seen in the Canterbury Tales (ca 1400) in the Nun's Priest's tale, a tale of two fools: Chanticleer and the fox, which took place on March 32nd.

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
you all might be thinking that i have no proof and you all want proof for that ...okay let me say....

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "Truthfulness leads to righteousness, and righteousness leads to Paradise. And a man keeps on telling the truth until he becomes a truthful person. Falsehood leads to Al-Fajur (i.e. wickedness, evil-doing), and Al-Fajur (wickedness) leads to the (Hell) Fire, and a man may keep on telling lies till he is written before Allah, a liar!"Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 8.116 Narrated by Abdullah

In the name of Allah, We praise Him, seek His help and ask for His forgiveness. Whoever Allah guides none can misguide, and whoever He allows to fall astray, none can guide them aright. We bear witness that there is no one (no idol, no person, no grave, no prophet, no imam, no dai, nobody!) worthy of worship but Allah Alone, and we bear witness that Muhammad (saws) is His slave-servant and the seal of His Messengers.

Allah Says in the Holy Quran Chapter 4 Surah Nisaa verse 135: O ye who believe! Stand out firmly for justice as witnesses to Allah even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts) lest ye swerve and if ye distort (justice) or decline to do justice; verily, Allah is well-acquainted with all that ye do.

Allah Says in the Holy Quran Chapter 5 Surah Maidah verse 8: O ye who believe! Stand out firmly for Allah as witnesses to fair dealing.

Dear and Beloved Brother in Islam, Islam guides and commands its followers to always stand on the side of the Truth. Jokes and pranks are almost always based on lies and falsehoods, so that one may have a laugh at the expense of another’s mishap or misery invented from a lie; and the telling of lies is absolutely forbidden in the deen of Truth called Al-Islam.

And when lies are forbidden, it cannot be considered righteousness or piety in the least to allocate a day in the year where something which is forbidden would become permissible!!!

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
This from Wikipedia. Similar information on Snopes.

The origin of April Fools' Day is obscure.

One likely theory is that the modern holiday was first celebrated soon after the adoption of the Gregorian Calendar; the term referred to someone still adhering to the Julian Calendar, which it replaced.

In many pre-Christian cultures May Day (May 1) was celebrated as the first day of summer, and signalled the start of the spring planting season. An April Fool was someone who did this prematurely.

Another origin is that April 1 was counted the first day of the year in France. When King Charles IX changed that to January 1, some people stayed with April 1. Those who did were called "April Fools" and were taunted by their neighbors.
In the eighteenth century the festival was often posited as going back to the times of Noah. An English newspaper article published on April 13th, 1789 said that the day had its origins when he sent the raven off too early, before the waters had receded. He did this on the first day of the Hebrew month that corresponds with April.

A possible reference to April Fools' Day can be seen in the Canterbury Tales (ca 1400) in the Nun's Priest's tale, a tale of two fools: Chanticleer and the fox, which took place on March 32nd.

This is the version (in blue) I always hear about April Fool. What was written here is something new and if it true then sadly so many muslim were fooling themselves in ignorant. I know my muslim colleagues many of them do crack some stupid jokes and mocking other colleagues on this day..why muslim celebrate and mocking themselves for something was invented to insult Islam and the muslim in Andalucia?

pcozzy

:salam2:

April Fools Has Come and Past, Now Who's the Biggest Fool at Last?"
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

Holy Quran 33:69
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Yaa ayulatheena amanu attaqallah wa quloo qawlan sadeedan."[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
"O you who believe, fear Allah and always speak the truth."
[/FONT]
Once again people are trying to fool the Muslims - We received the following email and felt it necessary deal with this subject - without 'fooling around' any longer.

Now as regards the incorrect story circulating amongst the Muslims on the Internet saying that April Fool's Day is the celebration of the kufar over the conquest of Muslim Spain. I felt that it was necessary to clarify a few points in the interest of truth, inshallah.

Bismillah Al Hamdulilah was Salat wa Salam ala Rasoolulah. Allahu Alim.
In the Name of Allah, I praise Allah and ask for His Peace upon Muhammad, ameen. Allah Alone is The All-Knower.​

To continue:

Once again, Muslims are circulating a fabrication on the Internet trying to claim things which can easily be proven incorrect by Christians and non-Muslims who rejoice in watching us play the part of Everyday Fools.

The most recent story says that Christians could not conquer the Muslims there and sent spies to discover why. According to the story, they found that the Muslims there were on the 'Taqwah' (God Fearing and Pious) of Islam. Then the story says the Christians sent in alcohol and cigarettes which the Muslims used and lost their 'Taqwah' and then the Christians defeated the Muslims on April first and began celebrating 'April Fool's Day' ever since.

This story is not correct in many aspects.

1.) First, let us consider the historic fact that Muslim Spain ended on the 12th of January in the Christian year of 1492 A.D. Yet 'April Fool's Day was not heard of until over fifty years later.
Once upon a time, back in 16th-century France, before computers, people celebrated New Year's Day on March 25, the advent of spring. It was a festive time. They partied steadily until April 1. In 1564, when the calendar reformed and became Gregorian, under the influence of Pope Gregory, King Charles IX proclaimed, perhaps pompously, that New Year's Day should be celebrated on January 1st instead of in the spring. Diehard conservatives resisted the change (or perhaps didn't hear about it due to the absence of e-mail) and continued to celebrate New Year's from March 25 to April 1. During this period of spring festivity, the more flexible French mocked the rigid revelers by sending them foolish gifts and invitations to nonexistent parties. The victim of an April Fools' Day prank was called a "Poisson d 'Avril," or an "April Fish," because at that time of year, the sun was leaving the zodiacal sign of Pisces.

April Fools' Day hit its stride (avoiding the banana peel) in England in the 18th century, and was brought to colonial America by the English, Scottish, and French.

2.) Second, we should know that cigarettes were not even invented until AFTER the time of the fall of Muslim Spain (January 1492). According to the State College in Framingham, the Human Biology course by Dr. Roger Morrrissette, Ph.D., smoking of any kind did not exist in Spain until after it was brought back from the New World AFTER King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella had come to rule Spain.

This is from their website:

Introduction to Human Biology Framingham State College
Roger N. Morrrissette, Ph.D.

I. The History of Smoking.
1492: Columbus notes the natives of the New World smoke leaves.
1550: Spaniards begin cultivating tobacco in the West Indies to export to Europe.
1880: Tobacco use is widespread but people only use small amounts.

3.) Muslim Spain began to deteriorate at the time of Ibn Seenah and others who were beginning to use their logic in place of Divine Revelation of Allah. Some were very interested in the Greek and Roman philosophies and concepts and began to try to 'rethink' Islam much the same as some 'modernists' are doing today. It was right after this that Muslim Spain began to divide up into small kingdoms and fight against each other for control and gold. They employed mercenaries from amongst the Christians and killed and destroyed each other for a number of years. When the Christians came against them the first time, they appealed to the ruler of Maghrib (Morocco) across the Mediterranean Sea who sent troops to quell the attacks. He stipulated that the Muslims must stop fighting each other and go back to the Islamic system of rule under one leader. They did not do it. When they began fighting each other again, the Christians came in very strong against them and this time the ruler of Morocco refused to help them. They lost battle after battle against the Roman Christians and finally the last stronghold of Islam fell to the Christian King, Ferdinand, in January of 1492. [for details order the video "Muslim Spain"]

So regarding the email claiming that April Fools Day is a celebration of the take over of Muslim Spain, it is clear the whole thing is a made up lie. This is totally unacceptable and should be brought to the attention of the one who sent you this lie in the first place. A good Muslim would never accept to repeat lies and fabrications especially in presenting facts about the history of Islam.

If you have received such a letter it is your duty in front of Allah to write back to those who also received it and ask them to contact all of those on their lists and email the truth about this issue. And we should all fear a Day when we will stand in front of Allah and be asked about these matters.

If we don't do something about correcting the education of our beloved brothers and sisters in Islam, then everyday on the internet is MUSLIM FOOLS DAY.

by Yusuf Estes
http://islamtomorrow.com/lies/fools.asp

doesn't it sound all to familiar.....

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Thank you for the clarification brother pcozzy. Whatever it is muslim should distant themselves from fooling around with this kind of stupid celebration...also valentine day.