IS BURKA ILLEGAL?

nizar83

You mean Niqaab right??? Many Scholars of Islam say it's obligatory for a women to wear Niqaab that the face is also Awraah. Matter of fact that is the Major Opinion amoung the scholars.

So Regardless what the Kuffar say, their opinions don't have any say in Islam.

aselemu aleikum

major opinion amoung the scholars you say..brother watch out with what you say because its not true..

niqaab was never worn in the time of the prophet salalahu wa3alayhi weselem, nor does the quraan demand this from our sisters in islam.

especially since it causes for so much bad discussion and bad energy in todays world, i dont see what the benefit of it is..im a brother and i would die for my sisters righ to wear hijaab, but a burka simply is not obligatory on any muslim woman..and ALLAH knows best

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
aselemu aleikum

major opinion amoung the scholars you say..brother watch out with what you say because its not true..

niqaab was never worn in the time of the prophet salalahu wa3alayhi weselem, nor does the quraan demand this from our sisters in islam.

especially since it causes for so much bad discussion and bad energy in todays world, i dont see what the benefit of it is..im a brother and i would die for my sisters righ to wear hijaab, but a burka simply is not obligatory on any muslim woman..and ALLAH knows best

Wa`alaykum us-salaam

Brother, I think you also need to watch what you say, because it's even further from truth than what Salem said. Where is your proof may I ask?

hana*

im so suprised here! subhanAllah, how can you say that nobody wore niqaab at the time of the Prophet (peace be upon him)??!!! they clearly did.

al-kashmiri, very good point you made about situations were niqab can be uplifted

faustobiason

Baarak Allaahu feeki.

Faustobiason, since we are on the topic, I decided to list the situations that some Muslim scholars say a woman may need to lift her veil. Contemplating on them, I don't think there would be any veil issue if the European population understood this. It may be a good idea to read the below link to understand the cases further.

1 - For marriage proposals
2 - Business dealings
3 - Medical treatment
4 - Giving testimony
5 - In court cases
6 - In front of mature men who feel no desire
7 - In front of men who feel no desire (due to impotency etc.)
8 - Old women
9 - In front of non-Muslim women
10 - Pilgrimage
11 - Compulsion

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/2198/

Yeah, pure commonsense, especailly points 2, 4 and 5.

Fausto

liberator16

If anyone thinks the debate in France is about the burka then they need to take another look. There are roughly 1,900 sisters in France who wear the burka our of a population of 6 million muslims.
There has never been any security threat linked to burka clad women in France to my knowledge. So why the big hoo ha over 0.03%of the muslim population and 0.003% of the wider population?

It designed to attack islam's position on women. An attack that had age old roots. In such a situation, we as muslims not need go on the defensive, but we should go on the offensive by attacking their position on women.

faustobiason

Ok, folks, here is an article (in Italian) about Imam alTantawi, who has banned the niqab from al-azhar university, of which he is the dean

http://www.repubblica.it/2009/10/sezioni/esteri/egitto-velo/egitto-velo/egitto-velo.html

Again, I am not for or against the niqab, except for my personal reservations
on security grounds that I mentioned in earlier postings, I am just informing you about this article

Fausto

PS: here is the one in English

http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/2009/10/06/87110.html

nizar83

aselemu aleikum

i have asked several imaams in several masjeeds and several dar el ielm's (houses of knowledge, off course its a muslima's right to wear it if she pleases...but in not 1 answer i got it was obligatory...

ifyou want to start a debate on whether some governments use this burka discussion for other ulterior motives, thats a entire different thing..

i really dont understand why we as muslims spent so much time on this subjet, i feel like this is just a destraction-discussion by hedendays politics.

lets talk about some heavier more mportant issues such as our brothers sisters in palestine iraq en afghanistan etc etc

instead of 0.05 % of the muslim women wearing niqaab.
i would love to talk about hijaab, even tho im a brother.

lets explain why sisters should be wearing hijaab, and what hijaab really means as it is stated in the quran..

allah yahdee ma aglak

nizar83

If anyone thinks the debate in France is about the burka then they need to take another look. There are roughly 1,900 sisters in France who wear the burka our of a population of 6 million muslims.
There has never been any security threat linked to burka clad women in France to my knowledge. So why the big hoo ha over 0.03%of the muslim population and 0.003% of the wider population?

It designed to attack islam's position on women. An attack that had age old roots. In such a situation, we as muslims not need go on the defensive, but we should go on the offensive by attacking their position on women.

i agree, im in the netherlands where there are only 150 muslima's that wear a burka...150..i mean what are we talking about

lets fight for the rights of our sisters to wear hijaab during work, in their identity documents, at school etc etc

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
Salam 'alik,Hana,it could be so,at first,by myself,because of the desert climate..Could it be so?The wiwes of the profhets before Muhammed SAWS were describe as pudic and fullbelieving women.But the question is:why does nowadays Italy want to forbid something belonging only to muslim world??

hana*

Salam 'alik,Hana,it could be so,at first,by myself,because of the desert climate..Could it be so?The wiwes of the profhets before Muhammed SAWS were describe as pudic and fullbelieving women.But the question is:why does nowadays Italy want to forbid something belonging only to muslim world??

waalikum asalam Hayat, you have the same avatar as me ;)

no they (the women) did not wear it due to desert climate, as they did not wear hijab or the likes pre-islam. when the verses of Hijab were revealled, the women at that time immediately tore material and covered their selves

subhanAllah

hana*

liberator16, very good point i never thought of it like that.

yeah we are aware of Tantawi's craze on the Niqab ban

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
I have your same avatar?I liked it,but I change it time by time.Only at the time of Adam,there was no shame,that's to say that the first creatures of Allah hadn't any knowledge about being dressless,until the time Shaytan tempted them.But nowadays there's no shame neither dignity by the Humans and only those who believe in the otherlife,love to hide themselves,Not only cause of shame to be naked,but also because there are men who cause of their knowledge about being dressless gives pleasure to their senses.

hana*

I have your same avatar?I liked it,but I change it time by time.Only at the time of Adam,there was no shame,that's to say that the first creatures of Allah hadn't any knowledge about being dressless,until the time Shaytan tempted them.But nowadays there's no shame neither dignity by the Humans and only those who believe in the otherlife,love to hide themselves,Not only cause of shame to be naked,but also because there are men who cause of their knowledge about being dressless gives pleasure to their senses.

yeah sis you are correct- then these people wonder why there is so much rape (and unwanted pregnancies)- they only need to look at how the woman who were raped had dressed.

alhamdulilah, although i wear hijab and not Niqab, ive had a very positive response from people- firstly the males at school, including the teachers had the utmost respect for me. then at work, alhamdulilah, many people ask about Hijab and Niqab and say that this is exactly like Mary/Maryam (alayha salam), who was the most modest and pure of women.

However, there is a lot of Niqabophobia here, people havent learned to accept it yet. (but they can accept a woman wearing next to nothing, walking down the street alone at 2 AM !!!)

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
THEY WON'T PUT OFF MY DIGNITY

There are so much answers tha I don't know from to begin...My strenght comes from Allah,Who let me see every road in front of me.I studied Buddism,Hinduism,Catholicism,but when I arrived to Islam I saw with great surprise that it was the only religion that invited people without confessig the sins to a priest and without giving money to anyone.Islam is the only religion for ASSABIL LILLAH,and in a shameless society,I don't understand why do occident want to obilge muslim allcovered women to put off their dignity for its stupid lawsItaly prefers to watch to the legs of the women more than a muslim one,because they are so ennoied,that they haven't nothing to do but undressing those women who want to be respected.Come here to see what a trash is here in Italy!people kissing in front of children,omosexuals walking into the street,prostitues beating the road.Here the life is valueless,so tell me What do those non-muslims want from us?I'm sure we'll overcome to this ignorance and if one day I'll wear Niqab,it will be by remembering all these women who like to wear so and none must oblige them to put it off,because they are honest and believer.I don't care if they will make me a fine or they won't me let enter in some places,but they never put my dignity off!!This message is also for muslim women who wear Niqab:DON't PUT it off.:ma::salam2:

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
:salam2:

masha'Allah sis Hayat! Insha'Allah you gonna wear it one day!!!!!!

Here a video in 3 parts (about niqab):

[yt]Q9-q8GJrj7I[/yt]

[yt]_IqusVq8tHY[/yt]

[yt]pVIeLhAxp8k[/yt]

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
I fully agree with this Sheikh:it's,why should muslim women integrate with the others?As a shy woman,I always shamed of talking with someone else,even if I needed informations:I always sat apart and wait that there wasn't anybody to speak.Before reverting in Islam I never took the train alone because of my shyness,but now that I'm muslim and I wear hijab I'm able to speak in public if I need something,but if I am with my husband,I let him talk and I wait he has finished.Thank you so much for these informations!If Occidents want us to be integrated with them,it's better for them,at first to respect us.Integration is not only a word,but a feeling that everyone has in his heart.