IS IT GOOD HABIT OR BAD

munir

allah knows the best
:salam2:
ASELAMALYKUM WERHMETULAHI WEBRKATU

I have always to say BISMILLAH if any thing happens that disturbs me. like if I heard qua sound suddenly I said BISMILLAH and also I heard some people says ALLAHUAKBER, I hope there is no problem with these two, if any thing wrong please correct me.

BUT today when I was going to masjid, two cars were collide(no one harm), so here also I said BISMILLAH.

I asked my self am I right saying BISMILLAH ?

so what do you say about my habit because I can't differentiate where to say BISMILLAH, ALLAHUAKBER, SUBHANELAH etc. only what I say is BISMILLAH.

SO DO YOU THINK IT IS GOOD HABIT or BAD ?
waselam

saffanah

speak good or silent
Assalamu'alaikum
I think it is not bad habit. But the best thing we should do is by following what Allah SWT and The Prophet SAW have taught us, such as:

If you begin all your activities, start it with saying BISMILLAH
If you end your activities say ALHAMDULILLAH (this word is also used to praise ALLAH)
If you see something admiring, you say MASHA ALLAH, ALLAHU AKBAR or SUBHANALLAH
If you see or experience something that shocking/surprising you, say INNALILLAH
If there is something bad you see or hear, say NA 'UDZU BILLAHI MIN DZALIK

That's all I know, maybe any bro and sis here want to add what I have written.

May it useful

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
wa alaykuma salam wr wb

well my opinion i think that is good. becoz you always remeber Allah(swt) either something bad or good happens. besides everyhing should be done in his nam.:ma: you are good person may Allah increase ur knowledge ameen:tti_sister:

BintMuhammad

Staff member
I guess the reason you are confused as to when it is suitable to mention the common Islamic phrases is because you're not familiar with the meanings. Inshaa'Allaah you find these helpful. I get confused too sometimes with the meanings but you'll get used to it Inshaa'Allaah.

If there are any errors, please feel free to correct.

Bismillaah - In the name of Allaah
Inshaa’Allaah - If God wills
Jazaakallaahu khayran - may God reward you - reward you with good
Mashaa’Allaah - It’s what God has willed
TabaarakAllaah - may Allaah bless (it)
Inna lillaahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oon- Truly we belong to Allah and truly to Him shall we return. (you say this when someone dies or someone faces difficulty)
SubhanAllaah - Glory be to Allaah
Nauthoobillaahi mindhaalik - We seek refuge in Allaah from that
La hawla wala quwwata illaa billaah - There is no power nor might exept in Allah
Fi Amanillaah - May Allaah be with you
Allaahu akbar - Allaah is great
Alhamdulillaah - Praise be to Allaah (you also say this after sneezing)
Yarhamakullaah - May Allaah have mercy on you (you say this when you hear or see someone sneeze)
Yahdikumullaah wa yuslihu baalakum - May Allaah guide you and improve your condition (you say this in response to "Yarhamakullaah")

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalamu `alaykum

Bismillah can be said in many situations, and in fact in many situations it's better to say it, like when you get hurt instead of exclaiming in other ways to say "Bismillah" - when something bad happens, when another child falls etc.

Imam Ahmad recorded in his Musnad, that a person who was riding behind the Prophet said, "The Prophet's animal tripped, so I said, `Cursed Shaytan.' The Prophet said,

«لَا تَقُلْ: تَعِسَ الشَّيْطَانُ، فَإِنَّكَ إِذَا قُلْتَ: تَعِسَ الشَّيْطَانُ، تَعَاظَمَ وَقَالَ: بِقُوَّتِي صَرَعْتُهُ، وَإِذَا قُلْتَ: بِاسْمِ اللهِ تَصَاغَرَ حَتى يَصِيرَ مِثْلَ الذُبَابِ»

(Do not say, 'Cursed Shaytan,' for if you say these words, Satan becomes arrogant and says, 'With my strength I made him fall.' When you say, 'Bismillah,' Satan will become as small as a fly.)

Further, An-Nasa'i recorded in his book Al-Yawm wal-Laylah, and also Ibn Marduwyah in his Tafsir that Usamah bin `Umayr said, "I was riding behind the Prophet...'' and he mentioned the rest of the above Hadith. The Prophet said in this narration,

«لَا تَقُلْ هكَذَا فَإِنَّهُ يَتَعَاظَمُ حَتَّى يَكُونَ كَالْبَيْتِ، وَلكِنْ قُلْ: بِسْمِ اللهِ، فَإنَّهُ يَصْغَرُ حَتَّى يَكُونَ كَالذُبَابَةِ»

(Do not say these words, because then Satan becomes larger; as large as a house. Rather, say, 'Bismillah,' because Satan then becomes as small as a fly.)

This is the blessing of reciting Bismillah.

- taken from Tafseer of Surah Al-Fatihah in Tafsir Ibn Kathir

What to say when you feel a pain in your body

243. Put your hand on the place where you feel pain and say:

Bismillaah.

With the Name of Allah (three times).

Then say :

'A'oothu billaahi wa qudratihi min sharri maa 'ajidu wa 'uhaathiru.

I seek refuge in Allah and in His Power from the evil of what I find and of what I guard against.

Reference: Muslim 4/1728.

- Hisnul Muslim

wasalam

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
Assalamu `alaykum

Bismillah can be said in many situations, and in fact in many situations it's better to say it, like when you get hurt instead of exclaiming in other ways to say "Bismillah" - when something bad happens, when another child falls etc.

Imam Ahmad recorded in his Musnad, that a person who was riding behind the Prophet said, "The Prophet's animal tripped, so I said, `Cursed Shaytan.' The Prophet said,

«لَا تَقُلْ: تَعِسَ الشَّيْطَانُ، فَإِنَّكَ إِذَا قُلْتَ: تَعِسَ الشَّيْطَانُ، تَعَاظَمَ وَقَالَ: بِقُوَّتِي صَرَعْتُهُ، وَإِذَا قُلْتَ: بِاسْمِ اللهِ تَصَاغَرَ حَتى يَصِيرَ مِثْلَ الذُبَابِ»

(Do not say, 'Cursed Shaytan,' for if you say these words, Satan becomes arrogant and says, 'With my strength I made him fall.' When you say, 'Bismillah,' Satan will become as small as a fly.)

Further, An-Nasa'i recorded in his book Al-Yawm wal-Laylah, and also Ibn Marduwyah in his Tafsir that Usamah bin `Umayr said, "I was riding behind the Prophet...'' and he mentioned the rest of the above Hadith. The Prophet said in this narration,

«لَا تَقُلْ هكَذَا فَإِنَّهُ يَتَعَاظَمُ حَتَّى يَكُونَ كَالْبَيْتِ، وَلكِنْ قُلْ: بِسْمِ اللهِ، فَإنَّهُ يَصْغَرُ حَتَّى يَكُونَ كَالذُبَابَةِ»

(Do not say these words, because then Satan becomes larger; as large as a house. Rather, say, 'Bismillah,' because Satan then becomes as small as a fly.)

This is the blessing of reciting Bismillah.

- taken from Tafseer of Surah Al-Fatihah in Tafsir Ibn Kathir

What to say when you feel a pain in your body

243. Put your hand on the place where you feel pain and say:

Bismillaah.

With the Name of Allah (three times).

Then say :

'A'oothu billaahi wa qudratihi min sharri maa 'ajidu wa 'uhaathiru.

I seek refuge in Allah and in His Power from the evil of what I find and of what I guard against.

Reference: Muslim 4/1728.

- Hisnul Muslim

wasalam

JazakiAllahu Khairan Sister!

It was very informative!!!