Is listening to Quran considered an act of worship?

rickyraws

Salam. I know it is recommended and beneficial to listen to the Qur'an. However, I also know that it is better to recite and read the Qur'an. Is there any hadith that pertains to the benefits of listening to the Qur'an being recited? I ask because in this time of ramadan, when we are all striving to get the most out of it, and doing as many acts of worship as possible, the humidity in my area can cause even a non-fasting person to be fatigued and
parched very quickly, causing them to be very thirsty. For a fasting person, when such a state arises, and I've recited as much Qur'an as possible, but still wish to gain the benefits of this month, would simply listening to the Qur'an be another source of ibadah? This is to avoid being too thirsty, as I also have to speak a lot at my job.

Dunno if I'm being clear or not, but I'd appreciate any help. JazakAllahKhair.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Assalamu`alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu

You will be rewarded for listening to the Qur`aan also. Maa shaa`Allah your earning rewards by reading Qur`aan.

Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam said: : “Whoever reads one letter of Allah’s book will be rewarded one good deed and the good deed doubles to ten times. I do not say “Alif Lâm Mîm” is one letter, but Alif is one letter, Lam is one letter, and Mim is one letter. [Sunan al-Tirmidhî (2910
)]

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamaoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu. . .

I heard it is an act of worship in a QA session with sheikh Muhammad salah. He was actually encouraging to listen to a part of Quraan.
Listening to the Quran itself, is an act of worship that brings the Mercy of Allah (swt), as is evidenced by the verse:

And when the Quran is recited, then listen to it and remain silent, that Mercy may be shown to you. (7:204)

The following hadith also shows that the prophet of Allaah:saw: used to like to listen to the Quraanic recitations:

The Prophet :)saw:) said to Abdullah ibn Masood: “Recite for me the Qur’an.” He said: “O Messenger of Allah! Should I recite to you and it was revealed to you?” He said: “Yes, for I like to hear it from others.” “I recited Surat an-Nisaa’ until I reached the ayah, “How (will it be) then, when We bring from each nation a witness and We bring you (O Muhammad) as a witness against these people?” [An-Nisaa' 4:41] He then said: “Stop now.” I found that his eyes were tearful.” [Al Bukhari and Muslim]

If I find that Q and A video I'll post it here Inshaa'Allah/