Is milad un nabi haram or not

bajun

assalam aleikum brothers and sisters i wanted to ask your opinion on this controversial topic of maulid or in lehmans terms celebrating the birth of prophet muhamad (saw) is it or is it not haram they seem to be a very contrating veiw among our muslim scholars.

:salam2: muslims are not supposed to waste money. If you are happy on the day of the prophets birth then there is nothing wrong. But if you are spending thousands on a party then it is wrong. The sahabis never celebrated the prophets birthday. It is a thing that started later on.

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
:salam2: muslims are not supposed to waste money. If you are happy on the day of the prophets birth then there is nothing wrong. But if you are spending thousands on a party then it is wrong. The sahabis never celebrated the prophets birthday. It is a thing that started later on.
I cant imagine people wanting to spend thousands on a party celebrating the Prophets birthday.

I doubt the Prophet would have been pleased about that. I know some countries do and some don't.

Salam