Is there anything special about items or gifts brought from Mecca?

Kittyn

I have 2 blankets that my grandmother, may she rest in peace, brought from mecca, subhanalla.

I may also unknowingly have other things that have been brought back from there like prayer carpets or prayer rocks maybe even some sandals or robes.

Is there anything special about them? For example some sort of reward or good omen? Is there a way that, that can be ruined?

Inshalla, one day I will go to Mecca and I would bring back many things.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
:salam2:

Bring some zamzam water from Mecca. Serve it to sisters and brothers whose may never can go to there as taste of it. And deeper faith in your heart. It is as light of human soul.

:tti_sister:

Kittyn

What a thoughtful charity Sister Harb. Inshalla, zamzam water would be one of the most important things I would bring back.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

What are prayer rocks?

I've seen quite a lot of people saying that stuff brought from Makkah is blessed - but isn't that Shirk? We shouldn't be associating anything brought from there as good omens (because there aren't any omens/talismans/charms in Islam) or having any sort of power (which is shirk, as Allah is the only power). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

InshaAllah sister, you can bring Zamzam water from there, as Sister Harb already mentioned. Drink it, distribute it, and then when you're nearly out, you can take a little in a bottle and add regular water to it to replenish it. It seriously does convert the regular water into zamzam.

For example, I have a water purifier in my home, and the water from that has a certain "hard" taste to it. But Zamzam tastes entirely different - you can drink it and drink it and never get your fill of it. So I took a water bottle, mixed only a little amount of zamzam to it, and filled the rest with regular water from our water purifier. And guess what? The entire water now tastes like zamzam, and you can clearly taste that the "hard" taste has vanished.

Kittyn

What are prayer rocks?

I've seen quite a lot of people saying that stuff brought from Makkah is blessed - but isn't that Shirk? We shouldn't be associating anything brought from there as good omens (because there aren't any omens/talismans/charms in Islam) or having any sort of power (which is shirk, as Allah is the only power). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

InshaAllah sister, you can bring Zamzam water from there, as Sister Harb already mentioned. Drink it, distribute it, and then when you're nearly out, you can take a little in a bottle and add regular water to it to replenish it. It seriously does convert the regular water into zamzam.

For example, I have a water purifier in my home, and the water from that has a certain "hard" taste to it. But Zamzam tastes entirely different - you can drink it and drink it and never get your fill of it. So I took a water bottle, mixed only a little amount of zamzam to it, and filled the rest with regular water from our water purifier. And guess what? The entire water now tastes like zamzam, and you can clearly taste that the "hard" taste has vanished.
Well I call them prayer rocks. It's the piece of clay that you place your forehead on when doing sujud.

I don't know. It makes sense to think it is shirk. I didn't think of that. But I've been thinking, the gifts brought from Mecca would be a sort of celebration or for the one that made his or her pilgrimage there! :)

And about the Zamzam water. That is beautiful, I never knew that! Alhamdulila!

Itqan Ullah

Time is Running!!
Well I call them prayer rocks. It's the piece of clay that you place your forehead on when doing sujud.

I don't know. It makes sense to think it is shirk. I didn't think of that. But I've been thinking, the gifts brought from Mecca would be a sort of celebration or for the one that made his or her pilgrimage there! :)

I never seen a prayer rock even though quite a few members of my family have went for hajj. So can't say it allowed or not. But there aren't good luck charms or omens in Islam, that is prohibitted, all good comes from Allah (swt) alone, an object cannot benefit you.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
as salam 'alaykum warahamtu-llah

first of all, there is nothing special and blessing in those things, have clear idea about it.

and please I'd like to draw the attention of moderator brothers and sisters, and other sisters to take care of our sister Kittyn.
she might not know where she is standing and how vulnerable state is that.

may Allah protect you and your Eeman, my sister
wassalamun 'alayka

kalamazoo

'Millat "IBRAHIM" {AleyhiSalaam}
asalaam aleykum,

there is one point we should not overlook ...that
..don't take home with you those 'pebbles'

this i was about to take them as 'souvenir'
and if you happened to have them Do send them back by any convenient method.

Yet Enquiring for more information about that will be better and let us know please of the replies.

shukran.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

Sister, neither the Prophet :saw2: nor any of his companions used any sort of rock when they used to do sujood - this is the Shia way of praying, where they take earth from Karbala and consider it holy etc, Astaghfirullah.

Sister, believe me, considering any created item to have special power is 100% shirk. Allah is the only Creator, and only He has power over everything. People bring these souveneirs back because they are of good quality, and a good gift for others, not because of any special powers.

Tell me sister, if we start considering items to have power, how do we stop this behaviour before people start considering people who have been to Makkah as holy? Nobody or nothing has power except Allah SWT.

kalamazoo

'Millat "IBRAHIM" {AleyhiSalaam}

Sister, neither the Prophet :saw2: nor any of his companions used any sort of rock when they used to do sujood - this is the Shia way of praying, where they take earth from Karbala and consider it holy etc, Astaghfirullah.

Sister, believe me, considering any created item to have special power is 100% shirk. Allah is the only Creator, and only He has power over everything. People bring these souveneirs back because they are of good quality, and a good gift for others, not because of any special powers.

Tell me sister, if we start considering items to have power, how do we stop this behaviour before people start considering people who have been to Makkah as holy? Nobody or nothing has power except Allah SWT.

Sagacity and insight of the believer
by sheikh: shaarawi

The true believer sees through the realities of things and their essence, he knows well that everything is from
Allah and to Allah. Thus he seeks with his deeds to please the Ever-Living, Who never dies; the Rich (Free
of all wants and needs), Whose Treasures never expire; the Almighty, Who is Free of weakness.

my sincere thanks to One of the members here whosent me a complete book of the above from diferent Mujtahideen

Kittyn

Asalamu alaikum

Firstly, yes my family happens to be shia. Secondly, I have never been told about a prayer rock being made from the soil of karbala. Thirdly, I use it to remind myself that we were made from clay and not from anything else, a sort of humility in myself for the sake of being in the presence of Allah praising him. Fourthly I already understood that believing the blankets or any other objects brought from mecca, besides Zamzam water, were blessed is shirk. Thanks.

I would just like to point something out as I felt a small suggestion of it in the intentions of the posts adter mentioning the prayer rocks. Shia or Sunni? I don't care. I will not turn my self away from you because you are ALL my brothers and sisters. Inshalla, and at that moment when I'm standing the closest I've ever been to the ka'aba, I am NOT going to be thinking about who is shia and sunni and who does it better or more right, because together as muslims we only live for Allah ta'ala. And this is what should be in our minds. Now I know that I seem different or out of place here, maybe I don't but I admit I feel that way, but the mindset of having every sense and nerve focused on Allah and praising Him is what is, what I see as, most important. Not our differences.

Thank you all for your input and thoughts. I greately appreciate them. Jazakallah