is this dumb?

Jeni

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i grew up living in london and during my teen years done some really stupid stuff that i managed to get over and about 2 years ago i started practising islam and it was all good till i moved to iraq, the kurdish region and then it all went bad. i was wearing hijab for a year and then when i moved i was forced to take it of and then i began neglecting my faith and my duties as a muslim girl...its cos my family are involved with the governmetn and all our friends are part of that circle and unfortunantely not many respect islam the way it should be and do the whole thing during ramazan but thats probably as far as it goes. the majority of kurds where i live are muslim by name but not by natire and unfortunantely thats what i have become. but my mind is constantly occupied bout how i was this time last year. i have to face such difficult stuff but my faith kept me so strong but know i feel as though i have nothing. i really want to go back to london and practise the way i used to without people being so judgemental... people here are like ''dont think bout wearing the hijab cos u have people constantly around you and ur family and u cant be an islamist'' then they say dumb stuff like 'we're muslims too just cos we dont wear hijab u think we're kaffirs?!'' but they do less than that and ive let that influence affect me too. i would never have thought in a muslim country they would go on bout muslim terrorists so much that they use it as a excuse to prevent themselves and others from practising. is it dumb that i found more freedom in london than i did in iraq? my dad and mum are well known here and to be 'islami' is bad for them and this guy know that proposed to me his parents are in the same circle...(although they are much better in accepting me as a hijabi than my own parents) but i dont want to be a shame on them either. i just feel like i need to get away from here and start my life again in a non muslim country... is that a dumb way to think bout it?

Maria Norway

wow

wow, im surprised by your story! and I am very sorry that this is affecting your ability to practice islam. Is it possible for you to move back to england without your parents? I am a norwegian muslim (about 3 weeks now!!) studying in the north of england. Will be moving to london in october inshallah...but that's besides the matter...if you cant move back to london I would advise you to stand up strong and wear your hijab and do your prayers...when I made the choice of becoming muslim I knew many of my friends and familiy would not like it but I reasoned it with the fact that on the day of judgement I will be standing infront of Allah on my own...nobody's deeds except my own will count!!! Might be something to think about..you know this life is short...make the most of it as a muslim...cos if you die behaving dressing etc as a kuffar...you die as a kuffar...

Hope this helps....

:tti_sister:

Wasalam!

jabir

good

:salam2: :tti_sister: oh my norwigian sis/ur policy is greatest yes/every one /individualy questoned ,on the day of judgment ,let pray ,to live with eeman,die with eemaan,watever impediments ,may b ther in our way to heareafter ,yes ,follow this way my bro/sis ur bro ,in islam jabir:salah:

Muhammad_A

Penguin fancier
As salaamu alaykum Sister

So... You found it easier to practice Islam in a Kaffir country* than in a nominally Muslim one?

Ladies and gentlemen, let's here it for our old friend irony!

*Though the way things are going even that may be next to impossible soon

As salaamu alaykum Sister

So... You found it easier to practice Islam in a Kaffir country* than in a nominally Muslim one?

Ladies and gentlemen, let's here it for our old friend irony!

*Though the way things are going even that may be next to impossible soon

brother i am also agree that it sometimes easier to practise islam in kaffir country.

when i was in bangladesh it was a little bit tough for me to practise islam.

even my relatives and teachers of school told me why you behave like mullah etc.

but since when i am in germany my schools teachers always showed me respects and i got more power to practise islams in my school.

to get beard and following the islamic dress codes.

and i have still contact with my old friends and i also know how tough it is for them to practise islam in a muslim country now a days.

i know that this kind of situation doesn´t have all of you.

for some person its easy to practise islam in a non-muslim country and for some person not.

for example in my school there were aproximately 2000 girls but i have seen may be 100 girls with hijab and 10 girls with niqab.
and i never heard about hijab and niqab .....

but when i arrived in german schools then i learn about it.
i never read such things in our islamic books which we read in schools.

i got always more then 80% mark is islam subject but i never understand 10%of muslim from those books.

and brothers you dont have to show any articles about the islam is Bangladesh.
lol

lama

wow sister i'm happy that you shared your story with us,i want to comment on one thing the fact that some people consider those who don't wear the hijab as kuffar,that happens in some places in my country also.i don't wear the hijab,but that doesn't make me unfaithful or unbeliever,and vise verca,some girls wear the hijab and commit horrifying things so what i want to say is that the hijab is an attitude so if you see that you aren't capable of respecting your hijab don't wear it cause by then you will be doing only wrong to it.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AssalaamuAlaikum,

I highly recommend you to move away from such a place where your own faith is in danger. No matter how strong your faith is, you will get some bad effect of these venomous 'muslim looking nonmuslims'.

Do Hijrah in the way of Allah and see the miraculous satisfaction of your heart, InshaAllah.

Wassalaam,
VE

apocalypse77

u can still have those friends, but dont let them influcne you to undesirable stuffs..or shld i say, they should be respecting ur beliefs

i use to think that maybe muslims who live in a non muslim country are better muslims because they tend to respect and tolerate other pple's beleifs but im having 2nd thoughts cos u give pple an inch and they take a mile.now there being influence and pressurise by their "secular friends" who make them think being too religious to the extend of praying 5 times a day seems too fanatic

ur speech is nothing normal,like i commented before there ARE "muslims" in my country even who criticise and make fun of their pious muslims brothers/sisters and say things like "why should i waste my time being so religious and praying like those stupid muslims?" and some i even heard at the bus saying "how i wish i wasnt muslim..i cant do this or do that"-its really saddening

i can go on for hours abt the sinful things they do like hanky panky in public places,tattoos,clubbing etc but u shld get the idea im trying to say

Noor to shine

Sorry to say that it is very difficult to practise Islam in many so called islamic societies , they say they are muslems but most of them don`t pray , don`t fast, or wear higab .....They are ignorant of the noble teachings of Islam.......I lived once in such a society and my faith was weakened and dunya was very big in my heart.....but all praise be to Allah , my faith was saved and I met a good muslem sisters who helped me a lot in studying Islam and strengthen my faith.....The problem is that we may die any moment no one can help us in our graves no mother, no father but our faith in Allah swt and good deeds. dear sister Allah swt is teasting your faith ... be strong .

malam

Aslam o alaikum Sister in Islam,
It is indeed very sad to hear about ur story.
All i can say is that in most Muslim countries, people have got so much affected by western media and culture, that they have started looking at Hijab as a backward, conservative practice. Women who observe Hijab are often seen as backwards, and even illeterate in some cases....An this was the case some 7 years back in Pakistan, when terrorism was not so much linked with Islam. Now I live in the US, and I do find people respected for wearing the Hijab...
Perhaps that is the reason why some believe that Islam will rise again from the west....
I would say that every person will enter in his/her own grave, and is questionable for his/her own deeds..
If you stay firm in your faith, then may be others will also be inspired from you. May be you were also inspired by some one else...
One more thing to keep in mind is, that most Kurds follow a different religion...which is deeply grounded into Mysticism... be cautious of them.

May Allah Assist you!

SafiyahAmaaniUK

Can we stop throwing around the term Kafir country please...their are many believers here...and what determines a kafir country, the fact that the UK doesn't use shariah law...urm wake up people..neither does india or pakistan etc...yet are they called kafir countries? its a very derogatory term.

Jeni

:( i had a conversation with my mum and my aunt about the whole hijab thing again and the response i got was negative and i couldnt even finish what i was saying before they mentioned terrorism and astugfirrulah they keep saying that these terrorist muslims makes them doubt islam and sometimes want nothing to do with it.... i mean for goodness sake im in iraq alhumdulilah we hear Azhan at prayer time but nooooooo no hijab!! i told them that boys perve and say horrible things when girls walk past and their response was dont pay any attention pertend u didnt hear it! but i cant pertend cos im not deaf!! and i told them that they would not look at a hijabi and covered girl and they agreed and said ''well how would u find a husband?''!!!!! THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!! :confused: I DONT understand these people... i know this guy that i care about very much and he wants to propse inshallah and i want to marry him and i know inshallah he will let me wear hijab and take me back to london but i know my parents will not speak to me if i wear hijab and jilbab.... i feel like crying!!! my life is ruined!! for me when i have a hijab ion its a constant reminder of my duties and it keeps me away fromo doing bad things and when i dont wear hijab i think ''well no one sees u as a muslim girl'' and i dont think bout my faith straight away cos theres nothing thats making me be really responsible... when i wore hijab i had a constant reminder of my responsibilites...
i dont know what to do!!!! im gonna loose my family and i know that u cant cut ties of blood so whats goona happen? with hijab i might me in sin cos of that, and without hijab i will be in sin too