Is this Hadith authentic??

Zafran

Muslim Brother
:salam2:

Hi i just found this Hadith on 'wikipedia'

"Hadhrat Huzaifa narrated that the Messenger of Allah said: Prophethood will remain among you as long as Allah wills. Then khilafat on the lines of Prophethood shall commence, and remain as long as Allah wills. Then corrupt/erosive monarchy would take place, and it will remain as long as Allah wills. After that, despotic kingship would emerge, and it will remain as long as Allah wills. Then, the khilafat shall come once again based on the precept of Prophethood.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caliphate

I was just wondering is this hadith authentic as i dont think i ever heard of it before.

Thanks.

OsMaN_93

Here to help
i don't hink you should trust wikipidia i mean i dont use it for religious reasons, its people from the streets who right these ..

however i dont know about the hadith, it eems dodgy tho lol

massi

1-yes my brother don't use wekpedia in your search because you don't know
which kind of ppl are writing there ....you can use this web : www.sultan.org
2-the hadith is true and i found it by Arabic language ...but i can't translate the explication to the English language ...my english is poor ...sorry:SMILY149:
3-osman what do you mean (it eems dodgy tho lol)

Zafran

Muslim Brother
salaam

Yeah i get what you guys mean but i just wnated to know if any mainstream muslims knew about this so called 'hadith'.

Thanks for your help.

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer

"Hadhrat Huzaifa narrated that the Messenger of Allah said: Prophethood will remain among you as long as Allah wills. Then khilafat on the lines of Prophethood shall commence, and remain as long as Allah wills. Then corrupt/erosive monarchy would take place, and it will remain as long as Allah wills. After that, despotic kingship would emerge, and it will remain as long as Allah wills. Then, the khilafat shall come once again based on the precept of Prophethood.”

I was just wondering is this hadith authentic as i dont think i ever heard of it before.

Thanks.
What does the hadith mean by "prophethood shall remain amongst you as long as Allah wills?"
Muhammed is our final prophet, so by this logic there will be no other. :astag:Unless the Hadith means something else by saying "prophethood shall remain amongst you" then the hadith is false.
Or perhaps I'm misunderstanding the hadtih?
Even if the chain or narration is correct, however the claims made by the hadith could be false.

Ibn_Syena

Peace...
What does the hadith mean by "prophethood shall remain amongst you as long as Allah wills?"
Muhammed is our final prophet, so by this logic there will be no other. :astag:Unless the Hadith means something else by saying "prophethood shall remain amongst you" then the hadith is false.
Or perhaps I'm misunderstanding the hadtih?
Even if the chain or narration is correct, however the claims made by the hadith could be false.

As Salamu Alekum brother

This Hadith is "sahih" or true (authentic) according to Imam Al Albany

""Prophethood will remain amongst you for as long as Allaah wishes it to, then Allaah will raise it up when He wishes to raise it up. Then there will be Khilaafah upon the manner of Prophethood and it will remain amongst you for as long as Allaah wishes it to, then Allaah will raise it up when He wishes to raise it up. Then there will be harsh kingship which will remain amongst you for as long as Allaah wishes it to, then Allaah will raise it up when He wishes to raise it up. Then there will be tyrannical kingship and it will remain amongst you for as long as Allaah wishes it to, then Allaah will raise it up when He wishes to raise it up. Then there will be Khilaafah upon the manner of Prophethood. Then he was silent"

Saheeh: Related by Ahmad (4/273), from an Nu'maan ibn Basheer radiallaahu anhu. (Silsilatul Ahaadeethus Saheehah/Al-Albany)
check this link: http://www.islamlife.com/news.php?readmore=96

Regarding your question, "Prophethood will remain amongst you for as long as Allaah wishes it to, then Allaah will raise it up when He wishes to raise it up" prophet Muhammad (saw) was just speaking about himself, not any further prophets. He was simply telling the companions about how things will be going after that present moment he was being amongst them. "Allaah will raise it up when He wishes to raise it up" simply means his death (saw). Does this make things clear?

btw; thank you for the links, they'r helpful :)

wasalam

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
As Salamu Alekum brother

This Hadith is "sahih" or true (authentic) according to Imam Al Albany

""Prophethood will remain amongst you for as long as Allaah wishes it to, then Allaah will raise it up when He wishes to raise it up. Then there will be Khilaafah upon the manner of Prophethood and it will remain amongst you for as long as Allaah wishes it to, then Allaah will raise it up when He wishes to raise it up. Then there will be harsh kingship which will remain amongst you for as long as Allaah wishes it to, then Allaah will raise it up when He wishes to raise it up. Then there will be tyrannical kingship and it will remain amongst you for as long as Allaah wishes it to, then Allaah will raise it up when He wishes to raise it up. Then there will be Khilaafah upon the manner of Prophethood. Then he was silent"

Saheeh: Related by Ahmad (4/273), from an Nu'maan ibn Basheer radiallaahu anhu. (Silsilatul Ahaadeethus Saheehah/Al-Albany)
check this link: http://www.islamlife.com/news.php?readmore=96

Regarding your question, "Prophethood will remain amongst you for as long as Allaah wishes it to, then Allaah will raise it up when He wishes to raise it up" prophet Muhammad (saw) was just speaking about himself, not any further prophets. He was simply telling the companions about how things will be going after that present moment he was being amongst them. "Allaah will raise it up when He wishes to raise it up" simply means his death (saw). Does this make things clear?

btw; thank you for the links, they'r helpful :)

wasalam
Thanks for clarifying the matter. Hmm well we are witnessing some sort of "kingships" that is not beneficial for the Ummah. May Allah bring back khalifah and unite us under one nation once again.

amjaddamen

brother

Thanks.

daer brother or sister :when reading one hadeeth one can not judge that hadeeth unless he colect all releated hadeeths .( even arabs like me )

this hadeeth say Prophethood will remain among you as long as Allah wills.
That ia (23) years .

Then khilafat on the lines of Prophethood shall commence,
(30)years the period of the four califs as mentioned by another hadeeth

Then, the khilafat shall come once again based on the precept of Prophethood.”

This is the perid of ( the fifth calif omar bin adedaziz , from bani omiah who ruled for 28 month )[/SIZE]
:astag::astag::astag:

nazir

Asalaamu Alaykum,
Some scholars have said that when it is mentioned that khilafah will return upon the the manner of Prophethood, at the end of the hadith, it refers to the rule of the Mahdi who will come around the end of time. Wallahu alem.
Wassalaam

Almeftah

السلام عليكم

The Caliphate immediately after Prophet Muhammad lasted for thirty years

The Prophet declared:

"This affair began with Prophethood and as a mercy; then it will be mercy and Caliphate; afterwards it will change into a cruel monarchy, and finally into an iniquity and tyranny." He also prophesied: "Surely, the Caliphate after me will last thirty years; afterwards it will be a cruel monarchy."

(Abu Dawud, At‘ıma, 11; Tirmidhi, At‘ıma, 39; I. Hanbal, 5.441.)

*Note: according to the Prophet, the Caliphate only spanned 30 years after his death, which it did. The Prophet died in 632 CE. Abu Bakr was the 1st Caliph, and he ruled for 2 years, until 634 CE, when he died. Following that was the 2nd Caliph, 'Umar ibn al-Khattab, and he ruled for 10 years, until 644 CE, when he was martyred. Then there was the 3rd Caliph 'Uthman, who ruled for 12 years, until 656 CE, when he too was martyred. After that, was the 4th Caliph 'Ali ibn Abu Talib, who ruled for 5 years, until 661 CE, when he was also martyred. Finally, his son, the 5th Caliph Hasan ibn 'Ali, ruled for 6 months, and then was abdicted. On the gregorian calendar, it comes to 29 years, while on the Islamic calendar it comes, as the Prophet had prophecied, to 30 years. So in a 30 year period, we only had 5 Caliphs.

for more: http://www.alkhilafah.net/12khalifas.html

Ibn_Syena

Peace...
daer brother or sister :when reading one hadeeth one can not judge that hadeeth unless he colect all releated hadeeths .( even arabs like me )

this hadeeth say Prophethood will remain among you as long as Allah wills.
That ia (23) years .

Then khilafat on the lines of Prophethood shall commence,
(30)years the period of the four califs as mentioned by another hadeeth

Then, the khilafat shall come once again based on the precept of Prophethood.”

This is the perid of ( the fifth calif omar bin adedaziz , from bani omiah who ruled for 28 month )[/SIZE]
:astag::astag::astag:

As Salamu Alekum brother

Well, actually I think you are missing some part of the Hadith, that part of harsh then tyrannical kingship or monarchy. Note that the Haith says (then) (ثم) in arabic, which denotes consecution, i.e the khelafa which'll come again on the precept of prophethood should be preceded with these two types of monarchy, which didn't happen at time of Khalefa Umar ibn Abdel-Aziz (raa)

It's rather said that ( as brother mentioned ) that this'll be Al Mahdi Al Muntazar at the end of time after some of the major sins of (youm el qyeama) Judgement day already happens, like antichrist comes out and prophet 'Issa (saw) descent. Indeed there's another Hadith talking about Al Mahdi, denoting that "He'll fill the earth with justice and fairness, instead (or in place ) of the injustice and tyranny that was filling it" "..فيملأ الأرض قسطاً وعدلاً كما ملئت جوراً وظلماً"

Anyway I feel this's not very far away, not anymore :( may Allah protect us all from all the Fetin.. Ameen

Wasalam

Zafran

Muslim Brother
Salaam

Thanks everybody for sharing your knowlegde May allah bless you all. I agree with Ibn Syena that if this Hadith is accurate then it explains alot of what is happening in the arab world right now. Its preety scary.

Thanks again to everybody.

mekazim

assalamualaikum

Thanks.

braother i too hear this hadith from israr ahmed of pakistan,the founder of tanzee-e-islam.he told here the prophethood means as long as muhammad sallalahu alaihi wasallam is among us.