Is this happening or what?

um_mustafa

sister in Islam
salams sister, in my veiw it proberly is true, these people are very poor and they truly think they are doing the right thing for their children, Of course it is no excuse for the abuse, but there are a lot of factors involved, which culture and ignorance play a great part.
Of course the press are very happy to get a story like this.Using the their continuos propaganda against Islam.
What we need to tell people is don't to judge the religion by the people , as they are human and make many mistakes but judge the religion by finding out about it in from the right source.
Any one have any other ideas,

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
sister they are to poor and allah is testing those children there are many difficulties in this world sister ,but we have to face these difficulties some people dont have house to stay no shelter there will be no food so that the kids eat there parents go beg on the roads to feed thier kids and themselves
and at that time they dont have curse allah saying that its all because you ,if they say that allah will give more difficulties in thier life we have to think of those children who dont have hand,leg who have several problems who dont have money to survive in this world some children and parents have diesese because of junk food trash food and but if we meet those people we have to care for them as we are muslims .....realy sister allah is to mercifull he is great we have to be lucky because we have shelter and have money so that we can survive in this world without any diesese but they dont have anything so we have to pray for allah that they become fine they also have the capability to survive in this world .We are not rich we are also poor in this world no one is rich the richest is only allah the all mighty.But people never understood thier pain the press people are very lucky to have this oppurtunity and they dont have to miss it i hate those people may allah give them hidayath

Shahzad

articles on yahoo are usually offensive to muslims. never beleive them
I have read many -ve article on yahoo against islam.

warda A

Sister
sister they are to poor and allah is testing those children there are many difficulties in this world sister ,but we have to face these difficulties some people dont have house to stay no shelter there will be no food so that the kids eat there parents go beg on the roads to feed thier kids and themselves
and at that time they dont have curse allah saying that its all because you ,if they say that allah will give more difficulties in thier life we have to think of those children who dont have hand,leg who have several problems who dont have money to survive in this world some children and parents have diesese because of junk food trash food and but if we meet those people we have to care for them as we are muslims .....realy sister allah is to mercifull he is great we have to be lucky because we have shelter and have money so that we can survive in this world without any diesese but they dont have anything so we have to pray for allah that they become fine they also have the capability to survive in this world .We are not rich we are also poor in this world no one is rich the richest is only allah the all mighty.But people never understood thier pain the press people are very lucky to have this oppurtunity and they dont have to miss it i hate those people may allah give them hidayath

:salam2:

You are right, but what is happening to the masjids
they are there not for only praying but to help people in need.
I think we have indeed gone astray.
May we all be guided to the straight path, ameen
:wasalam:

taxhonesty

Info Warrior

I read this in yahoo news and it completely boggled my mind, are those people serious? what do those muslims think they are doing or maybe it is just propaganda because it is fashionable now to try and trash islam.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080420/ap_on_re_af/begging_for_islam

tell me what you think

google operation mockingbird. Basically back in the late 1940's the National Security Act was passed and it established the NSA and CIA. The first order of business for the newly chartered CIA to do was to carry out a coup on the media. So they went in and set standards for what was acceptable news reporting would be. They infiltrated many news organizations including AP or associated press. I advise reading the book The Nazi Hydra In America by Glen Yeadon

Yeadon, Glen & Hawkins, John The Nazi Hydra In America: Suppressed History of a Century

ShyHijabi

Salaam,

Wel if this is true it just strengthens my resolve to give more zakat when I have the funds, Inshallah. Doctors make decent income in America and when I think of how many people in the Ummah that I can help it drives me to study harder.

Wasalaam

~Sarah

tabaria

Half of it is nonsense. How many time have we witnessed biased and lies in the media? If the children where this poorly treated, do you honestly believe their families would send them?

warda A

Sister
google operation mockingbird. Basically back in the late 1940's the National Security Act was passed and it established the NSA and CIA. The first order of business for the newly chartered CIA to do was to carry out a coup on the media. So they went in and set standards for what was acceptable news reporting would be. They infiltrated many news organizations including AP or associated press. I advise reading the book The Nazi Hydra In America by Glen Yeadon

Yeadon, Glen & Hawkins, John The Nazi Hydra In America: Suppressed History of a Century

Do you they have ebook?
I will definately not find that book here, so if they have a website could you furnish me the details.
Salaam,

Wel if this is true it just strengthens my resolve to give more zakat when I have the funds, Inshallah. Doctors make decent income in America and when I think of how many people in the Ummah that I can help it drives me to study harder.

Wasalaam

~Sarah

sister Sarah , at times i wish everyone would think like you.
Everyone make good deeds and try helping the needy.

taxhonesty

Info Warrior

Jazakallahu kheiran

The media is a really big tool for propaganda
i wonder how we can counteract such propaganda, when us the muslim ummah have no great tools like those?

it is called the internet use it while we have it and for the record the establishment is not winning. They loosing now. That is why they want to shut down the internet and setup their global high tech police state. I call on everyone on this board to help fight this propaganda. I want you all to fight the information war. This is a little tid bit for you Pentagon war planners now admit that ninety percent of war planning is psychological and ten percent is physical. The battle is for your mind. I call on everyone in this forum to fight the information war. We can stop these people because truth and goodness are on our side.

seekinghelp

With all due respect...

I feel that the following statements made here is exactly what is wrong with this Ummah today. People nowadays tend to try and lay blame anywhere except where blame is due.

US Muslims SOMETIMES have a great tendency to ignore the obvious and scream propaganda, it's hatred for Islam, it's this or that when instead, we should open our minds and our hearts and try to protray a knowledgable Ummah, one who does not vehemently deny the obvious, but vehemently strive to show the truth.

If we continue on this road to rightousness and declare everyone who speaks even the slightest word that is negative, how will we ever, ever accomplish anything? It's the mindset of the majority that has lead people astray.

Forgive me for my harsh words. You may feel I am wrong, and you are entitled to your opinion, AS AM I. These are just my feelings.

The media is a really big tool for propaganda
i wonder how we can counteract such propaganda, when us the muslim ummah have no great tools like those?

"Us the Muslim Ummah have no tools such as these? Dear fellow Muslim, we in fact DO have tools that are much greater than these and if applied correctly we can turn the tables on ignorance. Allah subhana wa ta'ala has given us all the right tools, but as long as we continue to sit back and blame them for portraying something that may or may not be true without showing the world anything different, or accepting that things like this do happen even within the religion of Islam(due to evilness on the part of SOME people) then how can we expect anyone to change their view?

Half of it is nonsense. How many time have we witnessed biased and lies in the media? If the children where this poorly treated, do you honestly believe their families would send them?

Yes, we have witnessed time and time again the biasist views of the media and it seems to be getting worse as the days go by, but again...if they would see a great, and I mean, a great turn around within the Ummah where good righteous Muslims who are knowledgable and portray Islam in the light it should be portrayed, then they their biased views and stories will fall on deaf ears and blind eyes.
And why would you think that people who face extreme poverty, and people who have sincere faith, along with cultural tradition intertwined, not believe a man who comes to them and offers their child an Islamic education for free? Don't you think that these people worry how they will feed their children and when a "HOLY MAN" comes to them offering them something great for their child, they would not be willing to let him take their child? These people truly believe in their hearts they are doing something good for their cihld, for the Ummah, for Allah subahana wa ta'ala...add to that they will no longer have to worry about daily needs for the child, then you have the perfect exchange. Most of these people are illiterate and know no better, how can we expect them to know that this so called "holy Man" is not who he says he is? Furthermore, how can simply ignore the fact that this does happen?? Just because they are Muslim and they shouldn't do that so the media must be lying? Please, with all due respect my fellow Muslim, open your eyes and your heart and know that this position we take when we ignore or refute will never help us

articles on yahoo are usually offensive to muslims. never beleive them
I have read many -ve article on yahoo against islam.

Very true. But again, we cannot ignore that there may be a hint of truth in some and to stand and declare everything is a lie is to turn a blind eye to things that may be happening in world and how will we ever help the Ummah become united and strong, how will we ever be able to help change the negative perception of Islam?

Of course the press are very happy to get a story like this.Using the their continuos propaganda against Islam.
What we need to tell people is don't to judge the religion by the people , as they are human and make many mistakes but judge the religion by finding out about it in from the right source.

Yes, we need to reiterate that Islam as a whole cannot be joined and judged together as one. Proper knowledge spread and good examples shown can help this situation.
I also feel that this is a story like any other and the fact that it happens to be about Muslims, is just a mere story. There are plenty stories out there and happenings that are going on in any religion, race or country. I don't think that taking the stand that the media purposefully sought a story such as this to portray Islam in a bad light is fair.

Forgive me if I have offended. It is only my two cents.

May Allah subhana wa ta'ala bless you all in your efforts and help our Ummah to become one and to become the best of the best. Only positive change can create positive change. Blame and negativity only promote blame and negativity.

amjaddamen

brother
as those muslims not given thier share of (zakaht) what elss ....
i sent an article (look what this man done to islam) or something like that ,
this doctor said that the rich arabs zakah is estimated to reach
56 billion that's 56 pluss 9 zeros !!!
this money can prosper all africa

warda A

Sister

as those muslims not given thier share of (zakaht) what elss ....

That was the purpose of the thread
where does all the zakaa go?
It is supposed to help the poor but does it really reach there?
The problem with the ummah is that they no longer follow the ageeda
thaey follow their own whims
Oh Allah help us to over come our desires, ameen

seekinghelp, you make excellent points
jazakallahu kheiran

amjaddamen

brother

That was the purpose of the thread
where does all the zakaa go?
It is supposed to help the poor but does it really reach there?
The problem with the ummah is that they no longer follow the ageeda
thaey follow their own whims
Oh Allah help us to over come our desires, ameen

seekinghelp, you make excellent points
jazakallahu kheiran

dear sister : we have reached this low as muslims when we let our deen to be optional , you choose what you like and let what you do not.
The best man ever after prophets , abu baker , he faught who did not give zakaht . pleas read this quotation

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: When the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) passed away, Abu Bakr (May Allah be pleased with him) was appointed as his successor (caliph). Amongst the Arabs some men apostatised. Abu Bakr (May Allah be pleased with him) resolved to fight them. `Umar bin Al-Khattab (May Allah be pleased with him) said to Abu Bakr: "How can you fight them when the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) has declared: `I have been commanded to fight people till they testify La ilaha illallah (there is no true god except Allah); and if they do it, their blood (life) and property are secured except when justified by law, and it is for Allah to call them to account." Upon this Abu Bakr (May Allah be pleased with him) said: "By Allah, I would definitely fight him who makes distinction between Salat and the Zakat, because it is an obligation upon the rich to pay Zakat. By Allah I will fight them even to secure the piece of rope which they used to give to the Messenger of Allah (PBUH).'' `Umar (May Allah be pleased with him) said: "I realized that Allah opened the heart of Abu Bakr (May Allah be pleased with him) for fighting those who refused to pay Zakat, and I fully recognized that Abu Bakr ¨(May Allah be pleased with him) was right.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

According help , you bet I need lot of English , I feel like when I was 8 years old , I used to hate dictation ( although I was smart ( that time at least )) . I know my English is shallow , and I feel some times that iam out of expressions .but what makes me try more that I feel I can help abit here.
Jazak allah khirn

warda A

Sister

If the ummah could go back and see how the sahabas lived they will learn a great lesson, but, alas...................

am being pessimistic but i think we need something to wake this ummah:
knowledge, because knowledge is power, and we are trying through these forums.

Ghareebah

Bint Abdulkadir
salam alaykum

i would like to know what the article said, i clicked on it and it didnt work...someone fix it please...