Is this Haram?

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Assalamu Alaykum
I know that bringing something with the name of Allah on it is Haram, but I was wondering if what I'm about to say is (since it's been bothering me).

My mother has recently brought a new shower curtain. The design of the curtain is the whole world with the top and bottom showing flags of some countries. The flag of Iraq is one of the flags it shows. Since the flag of Iraq has Allah's name written in Arabic, and it's in the bathroom, is that Haram?

JazakAllahu Khair.

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
REMOVE IT NOWWWWWWWWWWWWW PLEASE

:salam2:

YES THAT IS HARAM. PLEASE IF THAT CURTAIN IS IN THE BATHROOM GO REMOVE IT NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.
ITS HARAM TO MENTION THE NAME OF ALLAH IN THE BATHROOM.
PLEASE DO REMOVE IT BECAUSE IT IS HARAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Assalamu Alaykum
Whoo, never knew it was such an important issue! I should've asked it earlier :)astag: )

I have blacked out the name of Allah (with only اكبر remaining on the flag) with a permanent marker. Is it ok now?

JazakAllahu Khair for all your posts.

NewbieToIslam

Salaam,
well spotted that the Iraq flag was on there with Allah subhannah wa tala's name on it. I am very glad this brother has asked this. I too am a new Muslim, alhadulillah, and never knew it was Haram to say Allah's name in the bathroom. JazakAllah for letting everyone know. What about thinking His name does that count? Because sometimes surat's that i've been learning come into my mind. And could you clarify what constitutes a dirty place please?
Salaam

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
:salam2:

Guess so, but it depends what your definition of a dirty place is.

Edit: I'm don't think thinking his name is wrong, however not sure about the wudhu thing .

:wasalam:

mounia

:blackhijab:
Salam, I think that if you do not have a toilet in your bathroom, then maybe its ok :confused: , as we are supposed to say the name of Allah before we perform wudhu and tashahud after wudhu. (I do not have a toilet in my bathroom and I say the name of Allah before wudhu and tashahud. Please let me know if this is halal or haram)

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
well spotted that the Iraq flag was on there with Allah subhannah wa tala's name on it. I am very glad this brother has asked this. I too am a new Muslim, alhadulillah, and never knew it was Haram to say Allah's name in the bathroom. Does this mean all his names? like 'al Rahman', 'al Rahim' and what constitutes a dirty place?

Assalamu Alaykum,

If you use the bathroom to use the taps and do wudhu there, then it is Ok.

Obviously, you should not say them when you are using toilet or are not dressed.

I think you should blacken All the writing New Muslim. Also, blacken any writing on the Saudi Flag.

---
Wasalam

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Salaam,
well spotted that the Iraq flag was on there with Allah subhannah wa tala's name on it. I am very glad this brother has asked this. I too am a new Muslim, alhadulillah, and never knew it was Haram to say Allah's name in the bathroom. JazakAllah for letting everyone know. What about thinking His name does that count? Because sometimes surat's that i've been learning come into my mind. And could you clarify what constitutes a dirty place please?
Salaam

Assalamu Alaykum
I think that all of Allah's names count, according to here: http://islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=2532&ln=eng&txt=Bathroom

It says: "Translator's note: al-salaamu alaykum has one of the names of Allah, Al-salaam (the peace)" (or something along those lines). The Prophet Muhammad :)saw:) never greeted people I guess because of this. Keeping this in mind, I would say that all of Allah's Names are forbidden to use in the bathroom.

A dirty place is a place such as a garbage bin, the bathroom, a garbage dump, and the likes.

NewbieToIslam

Ok am just really really confused now :-( am I allowed to say it when i preform wudu in a room where i have a toilet? Or should i use taps elsewhere to preform wudu? Also there are many things in the bathroom which you say "Bismillah" for I guess now I always say them fully clothed jazakAllah again. Astaghfirullah if i've made any mistakes so far!

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Ok am just really really confused now :-( am I allowed to say it when i preform wudu in a room where i have a toilet? Or should i use taps elsewhere to preform wudu? Also there are many things in the bathroom which you say "Bismillah" for I guess now I always say them fully clothed jazakAllah again. Astaghfirullah if i've made any mistakes so far!

Assalamu Alaykum
I know that you can't recite the Qur'an in a place that stinks, so I'm guessing that you can say one of the names of Allah when it doesn't stink and when you are fully clothed.

According to Hadith, in order to cover your naked body from Jinn watching you, you must say: "I seek shelter with Allah, besides Whom there is no God".

Yahya1819

is it haram to perform Wudu in the Bathroom? I have a toilet and shower place. Can i Do wudu when I'm not using the Toilet???

Salaam, Yahya

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
is it haram to perform Wudu in the Bathroom? I have a toilet and shower place. Can i Do wudu when I'm not using the Toilet???

Salaam, Yahya

Assalamu Alaykum
Yes, it's allowed to do Wudu in the bathroom.

http://www.islamweb.net/ver2/Fatwa/ShowFatwa.php?lang=E&Id=1895&Option=FatwaId (doesn't address the issue, but says "Wudu in the bathroom is valid").

http://islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=21895&ln=eng&txt=bathroom
(someone asks about saying "Bismillah" for Wudu in the bathroom. The Scholar answering doesn't condemn wudu in the bathroom in the answer).

In short, It's allowed to do Wudu in the bathroom, but just say "Bismillah" (beginning of wudu) and the Shahadah (end of wudu) to yourself.

Azra

Assalamualaikum warahmatullah hiwabarakatuh,

Somebody said something about being fully clothed when doing the ablution/wudhu. Does it mean that if I am not fully clothed, my ablution/wudhu is not valid? I'm asking this as sometimes I would perform my ablution after having a bath. :SMILY176:

Wassalam.

faiz_fauzi

I think it is okay to perform ur wudhu without fully clothed.I've already discuss this matter with the imam but it is better if u are fully clothed.Ur wudhu is valid.But next time try to be fully clothed first before performing ur wudhu'.And it is forbidden to say ALLAH names and recite quran in the toilet.Because toilet is a devils place.They love stink places and toilet is the best place for them!

albinsaid09

It is okay to say bismillah in the toilet when taking ablution and ablution can be taken anywhere with or without cloths. But do not stay in the toilet too long . Toilet is the place u will not get god's blessing(i think). Do not recite quran verses in the toilet .Do not sing or even whistle. Even better, enter the toilet with your left leg first. This is not obligatory though but it is this little thing that ,who knows, might save u from hell.

Allah knows best.