IS THIS TRUE????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

No please stop and stop right now!!!

I just read the last post and thought of my sons. They bicker. And like the loving mother I am I tell them to stop.

Whatever the issue...let us step back; we are under the Presence of Allah subhana talla;

Let us use our intellect. And let us forgive minor mistakes in communication..we are using English as a medium of communication. Let us be patient and concentrate on the issue at hand.

As to Brother Muntzair..I am so sorry but I could not understand many of the words..and your ideas were lost to me.

Please try to stay away from texting. Some of us do not know the language.

Rashadi

Text of Dr. Zakir Naik’s “letter of repentance”
Submitted by admin on 16 November 2008 - 4:55pm.

* Indian Muslim

By Abdul Hameed, TwoCircles.net

Mumbai: Controversy regarding Dr. Zakir Naik’s statement that offended a section of Muslims and threatened to disrupt his ten-day Peace Conference was laid to rest by him signing a “letter of repentance” and offering apology for his remarks.

A copy of the letter made available to TwoCircles.net displays Dr. Zakir Naik’s signature in English. Text of the letter is in Urdu and is on plain paper. In it Dr. Naik says what he said was an unintentional slip of tongue and he takes back his words.

Dr. Naik, who is famous for inter-religious dialogues and Islamic preaching also said that he will never repeat those words again. The Peace Conference that started on 14th November will continue till 23rd November in Mumbai.

Full text of the letter:

"I gave a controversial statement that it is forbidden for us to follow Prophet Muhammad(saw). After listening to it I, a true Muslim who believes in Allah and the Prophet (saw), can never utter such a thing. And in the future also I will never repeat the same. Whatever I spoke was unintentionally due to the slip off of the tongue for which I seek forgiveness of Allah and take back my words.

Signed,
Zakir Naik,

12/11/08(1.35 pm)

Repentance of Dr. Zakir Naik. For those brothers & sisters who a
Submitted by D G Ahmed (not verified) on 17 November 2008 - 9:58am.

Only Allah Subhanahuta'la is the final authority to forgive any one & in this respect there are numerous verses in Holy Quran for seeking Allah's mercy in the way of Tawba. There lies the difference between socalled modern Mullahs like Dr. Zakir Naik & those great Awlias like Hazrat Khawja Moinuddin Chisty (Rh) who were devoting their life in praise & love of Allah Almighty & love for His Prophet (SWA). They never had any personal motive of gaining cheap popularity through publicity. Non Muslims in thousands turned to Islam being moved by their piety & selflessness, love for Allah, His prophet (SWA), simplicity of their life style and above all for their humanity. This is the reason they are remembered with reverence hundreds of years after their demise. Man like Dr. Zakir Naik because of their arrogance & proudness in mind Allah Subhanahutala give them lessons sometime-one such lesson Dr. Naik had to shoulder now. May Allah forgive him & shows the right path.

D G Ahmed
Dhaka, Bangladesh

The Ahmadiyya, Shiites and the many other non-Muslims hate Zakir Naik and any Muslim so they try to find anything to attack with. A simple slip of the tongue they'll twist on purpose because they know they are Mushriks. May Allah protect Zakir Naik, and bless him for his efforts, amin.

daywalker

we should not speak against each other...we are all brothers and should protect islam...
protect islam first from your taqiyyas(lie) brother =)

Islam got damaged not a lot by kuffars, like it has been done by deviants.
No one in history has ever considered yazid as a good person even sunni
you should study history more deeply, and a lot of good acts of yazid is present in history.
Zakir naik says that yazid waznt involved in shahadat of Imam Hussain as... I want an answer to the question if he didnt like this act of shimr and others why didnt he punish them... IMAM HUSSAIN(as) waz martyred because he didnt took bait to yazid...
Of course why would yazid admit that he waz involved he wanted to tell the people he was innocent...
if you wanna ask a question why give you answer also?
i want to ask then why did he brought his family and even shahzada Ali Asghar...
ask him in his web.
Every1 knowz the mojza that took place when Imam Hussain (a.s)'s head waz put on the naiza i.e reciting of the Quran it showed that he faught for Allah and to save Islam...
nobody denies that hazrat husain(rd) died for Allah and Islam. and what is the point?

:salam2: I have been to the grave of khaja moinuddin chishti. I was given VIP treatment cause i went to see this place through a important person. The caretakers got very angry with me cause i said to them i prayed for khaja chishti they got soo angry with me. Said he does not need your prayers infact you need his blessing. I was taken aback cause in islam this would be shirk. I saw people kissing the grave and crying and infact asking him to help. I stand by Dr. Zakir Naik all the way. I guess he was forced to give this statement by the government.

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
:salam2: I have been to the grave of khaja moinuddin chishti. I was given VIP treatment cause i went to see this place through a important person. The caretakers got very angry with me cause i said to them i prayed for khaja chishti they got soo angry with me. Said he does not need your prayers infact you need his blessing. I was taken aback cause in islam this would be shirk. I saw people kissing the grave and crying and infact asking him to help. I stand by Dr. Zakir Naik all the way. I guess he was forced to give this statement by the government.

:salam2:

The problem with the sub-continent Muslims is that many of the Muslims there grow up in ignorance and traditions and when their ignorance and traditions are challenged they become very emotional and defensive, thus loosing the ability to reason.
They have many superstitious believes and some of them very faulty Aqeedah and are questionable on Tawheed.

I remember some people in my village used to go to some saints and tombs of some "saints" so they can have children.:astag:

This is not to say that Sub-continent Muslims are bad or deviant, there are plenty of great Muslims there and there are plenty of Muslims there who are very solid on Tawheed.
Unfortunately those who indulge in bidah' are unwilling to reason when people like Dr. Zaik Nakir preach, even though their deviant beliefs has no basis in light of Quran and Sunnah. Insha'Allah this will change and it seems like people like Dr. Zaik Nakir are having a positive impact on the Muslim community.

What puzzles me about the post brother Muntazir wrote quoting a bangali guy, who determines who is "Auliya" of Allah? I mean it would seem foolish for an Aluliah of Allah to claim himself as Auliyah of Allah. This is not logical and sounds very silly.
Some of these people whom the deviant Muslims consider 'Auliyah of Allah' ascribed no such titles to themselves, rather the people venerated them and elevated their status after they had passed away.

Also this is a very profitable business for those who maintain and take care of the graves of the so called "Auliyah" of Allah.

:wasalam:

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member

Lol. That was a funny read.

Nothing beats the subcontinent grave worshippers ..:astag:

1) Read some du'aa before you enter the grave complex
2) Remove shoes (this is so called blessed territory)
3) You musnt gag at the ceiling, look down lol - its respect :rolleyes:
4) You better have some decent money to offer, else ..no blessing

They hang different style turbans on the four corners of the marble grave ..just in case the dead man feels like admiring the latest fasions see? Theres a reason for everything, you just gotta think it through :) And the tinsel ..incense sticks.. cross between hinduism and christianity.

Aside from being a little amusing, its very sad.

May Allaah guide us all, protect us from such deviences, and keep up steadfast on the haq, Ameen.

:salam2:

PS ..I dunno what this threads about, I just decided to post my own experience after reading the last two posts.

daywalker

The point is that Dr Zakir Naik considers the war of karbala as a political war meaning he faught for his interests...not Allah(s.w.t)'s...
from where you got that interpratation of his word?
who told you that politic is not part of Islam?

salek

Dr. zakir nayek sacrifeced everything for islalm

Submitted by admin on 16 November 2008 - 4:55pm.

* Indian Muslim

By Abdul Hameed, TwoCircles.net

Mumbai: Controversy regarding Dr. Zakir Naik’s statement that offended a section of Muslims and threatened to disrupt his ten-day Peace Conference was laid to rest by him signing a “letter of repentance” and offering apology for his remarks.

A copy of the letter made available to TwoCircles.net displays Dr. Zakir Naik’s signature in English. Text of the letter is in Urdu and is on plain paper. In it Dr. Naik says what he said was an unintentional slip of tongue and he takes back his words.

Dr. Naik, who is famous for inter-religious dialogues and Islamic preaching also said that he will never repeat those words again. The Peace Conference that started on 14th November will continue till 23rd November in Mumbai.

Full text of the letter:

"I gave a controversial statement that it is forbidden for us to follow Prophet Muhammad(saw). After listening to it I, a true Muslim who believes in Allah and the Prophet (saw), can never utter such a thing. And in the future also I will never repeat the same. Whatever I spoke was unintentionally due to the slip off of the tongue for which I seek forgiveness of Allah and take back my words.

Signed,
Zakir Naik,

12/11/08(1.35 pm)

Repentance of Dr. Zakir Naik. For those brothers & sisters who a
Submitted by D G Ahmed (not verified) on 17 November 2008 - 9:58am.

Only Allah Subhanahuta'la is the final authority to forgive any one & in this respect there are numerous verses in Holy Quran for seeking Allah's mercy in the way of Tawba. There lies the difference between socalled modern Mullahs like Dr. Zakir Naik & those great Awlias like Hazrat Khawja Moinuddin Chisty (Rh) who were devoting their life in praise & love of Allah Almighty & love for His Prophet (SWA). They never had any personal motive of gaining cheap popularity through publicity. Non Muslims in thousands turned to Islam being moved by their piety & selflessness, love for Allah, His prophet (SWA), simplicity of their life style and above all for their humanity. This is the reason they are remembered with reverence hundreds of years after their demise. Man like Dr. Zakir Naik because of their arrogance & proudness in mind Allah Subhanahutala give them lessons sometime-one such lesson Dr. Naik had to shoulder now. May Allah forgive him & shows the right path.

D G Ahmed
Dhaka, Bangladesh
we can understand that many people are very jealous of Dr. Zakir Nayek for his unique services of dawa. He is one of the popular scholars in the muslim world. We are really proud of him. It's only shia and kadiyani (ahmadi) who are spreading rumours against him. I will ask those Shia's and kadiyanies to stop this kind of activities and stop making division among us. May Allah reward Dr. zakir nayek (amen)

daywalker

As u talked about talha and zubair to be in the ASHRA MUBASHRA...dear u need to prove the ahadis from the shia authentic books...
hahah that made me laugh, you are talking about shia authentic source! where they dont have even usool of hadith, you are speaking about authentic shia hadith book!

it seems you are unaware of your own religion.

daywalker

plz make this clear cant understand...and did u visit the site there are couple of questions to be answered by a great scholar like you...

beta i am on the track and aware of your religion before you come in this world =)

you are in turntoislam.com

so try to turn to islam inshallah.

daywalker

ha ha ha ignorant and jahil person u dönt have any answer to my questions...
such titles are used to defence ownself!
talkn føolish...u ppl are against Quran which says Allah has no hands,feet etc and that no one can comprehend Him...while u ppl think He maazALLAH has legs...now what?
where says it? is it in your extra version of quran when mahdi will bring the lost part of quran?

mezeren

FOURTH POINT
In connection with the Third Point, we shall indicate briefly a matter which is a point of dispute between the Shi’a and the Sunnis and has been magnified to such an extent that it has entered the books on the tenets of faith and among the fundamentals of belief.

T h e S u n n i s s a y : “Ali (May God be pleased with him) was the fourth of the Rightly-Guided Caliphs. Abu Bakr ‘al-Siddiq’ (May God be pleased with him) was superior to him and was more deserving of the Caliphate, therefore it passed to him first.” While the Shi’a say: “It was Ali’s right. An injustice was done to him. The most worthy of them all was Ali.” A summary of the arguments for their claims is this. They say: “The Hadiths of the Prophet about Ali, and through his title of ‘King of Sainthood,’ his being the source for the vast majority of the saints and spiritual paths, and his extraordinary knowledge, courage, and worship, and the Prophet’s (Peace and blessings be upon him) intense concern for him and towards his descendants all show that it was he who was the most worthy. The Caliphate was always his right; it was seized from him.”

T h e A n s w e r : The fact that Ali (May God be pleased with him) followed the first three Caliphs, whom he repeatedly acknowledged, and held the position of their Shaykhu’l-Islam, refutes these claims of the Shi’a. Furthermore, the victories of Islam and the struggles against its enemies in the time of the first three Caliphs and the events in Ali’s time, refute the Shi’a’s claims, again from the point of view of the Islamic Caliphate. That is to say the Sunnis’ claim is rightful.

I f i t i s s a i d that the Shi’a are two: one are the ‘Sainthood Shi’a,’ and the other are the ‘Caliphate Shi’a.’ Through mixing hatred and politics the second group may have been unjust, but the first group were not concerned with resentment and politics. However, the Sainthood Shi’a joined the Caliphate Shi’a. That is, some of the saints of the Sufi orders considered Ali to be superior and they endorsed the claims of the Caliphate Shi’a.

T h e A n s w e r : It is necessary to consider Ali (May God be pleased with him) in two respects. One is from the point of view of his personal perfections and rank, and the second is from the point of view of his representing the collective personality of the Prophet’s Family. As for this collective personality, it displays an aspect of the Most Noble Prophet’s (PBUH) essential nature.
And so, in regard to the first point, foremost Ali himself and all the people of truth gave precedence to Abu Bakr and Umar. They saw their ranks as higher in the service of Islam and closeness to God. As for the second point, in respect of being the representative of the collective personality of the Prophet’s Family and the collective personality of the Prophet’s Family representing an aspect of the Muhammadan Truth, Ali has no equal. Thus, the highly laudatory Hadiths about Ali look to this second point. There is a sound narration which corroborates this fact. The Most Noble Prophet (PBUH) decreed: “The descendants of each prophet are from himself. My descendants are those of Ali.”8
8. Tabarani, al-Majma’u’l-Kabir no:2630; al-Haythami, Majma’u’z-Zawa’id x, 333; al-Munawi, Fayzu’l-Qadir 223, no:1717.

The reason the Hadiths praising Ali more than the other three Caliphs have become so widespread is that the People of Truth, that is, the Sunnis, spread many narrations about him in response to the Umayyads and Kharijites attacking and disparaging him unjustly. Since the other Rightly-Guided Caliphs were not subject to such criticism and detraction, no need was felt to spread Hadiths about them.

Furthermore, the Prophet (PBUH) saw with the eye of prophethood the grievous events and internal strife to which Ali would be exposed in the future, and in order to save him from despair and his Community from thinking unfavourably of him, he consoled him and guided his Community with important Hadiths like “Whosever master I am, Ali too is his master.”9
9. Tirmidhi, Manaqib 19; Ibn Maja, Muqaddima 11; Musnad i, 84, 118, 119, 152, 331; iv, 281, 368, 370, 383; v, 347, 366, 419; al-Kattani, Nazmu’l-Mutanasir fi’l-Ahadithi’l-Mutawatir 24; al-Munawi, Fayzu’l-Qadir vi, 218; Ibn Hibban, Sahih ix, 42; al-Hakim, al-Mustadrak ii, 130; iii, 134.

mezeren

The excessive love of the Sainthood Shi’a towards Ali (May God be pleased with him) and-influenced by the Sufi Orders-their deeming him superior cannot make them answerable to the degree of the Caliphate Shi’a. For by reason of their way, those who follow the path of sainthood look towards their spiritual guides with love. And the mark of love is excess, it wants to see the beloved as greater than his rank. And that is how it sees him. Ecstatics may be forgiven excesses of love. So on condition their deeming Ali more worthy, which arises from their love, does not turn into disparagement of and enmity towards the other Rightly-Guided Caliphs and does not go beyond the fundamental teachings of Islam, it may be excused.

As for the Caliphate Shi’a, since political prejudice took a hold of them, they could not be saved from hatred and aggression, and they lost their right to be excused. Even, confirming the saying, Not for love of Ali, but out of hatred of Umar, since Persian national pride was wounded at Umar’s hand, they demonstrated their revenge in the form of love of Ali. So also Amr b. al-As’s rebellion against Ali and Umar b. al-Sa’d’s tragic war against Husain aroused in the Shi’a an intense anger and enmity towards the name of Umar.

The Sainthood Shi’a have no right to criticize the Sunnis, for the Sunnis have not decried Ali, indeed, they love him sincerely. But they avoid the excessive love which is described as dangerous in Hadiths. The Prophet’s praise of Ali’s followers in the Hadiths refers to the Sunnis. For those of Ali’s followers who love him in a moderate fashion are the Sunnis, who are the People of Truth. As excessive love of Jesus (Upon whom be peace) is dangerous for Christians, so has it been made clear in sound Hadiths that that sort of excessive love for Ali is dangerous.10

10. Bukhari, Tarikhu’l-Kabir ii, 257; Ahmad b. Hanbal, Fada’ilu’s-Sahaba nos: 1087, 1221, 1222; al-Haythami, Majma’u’z-Zawa’id ix, 133; Ibnu’l-Jawzi, al-Ilali’l-Mutanahiya i, 223.

mezeren

f t h e S a i n t h o o d S h i ’ a s a y : “Once Ali’s consummate spiritual attainments are accepted, it is not possible to prefer Abu Bakr the Truthful to him,”

T h e r e p l y : It was as though the personal perfections of Abu Bakr ’Siddiq al-Akbar’ and Umar ‘Faruq al-A’zam’ (May God be pleased with them) had been placed in the pan of some scales together with their achievements in the time of their Caliphates, realized through their carrying out the functions inherited from prophethood, and in the other pan had been placed Ali’s (May God be pleased with him) extraordinary personal perfections together with the internal Caliphate struggles, which arose from the tragic events he was compelled to enter upon and were the object of suspicion and distrust, and the Sunnis saw that al-Siddiq’s, or al-Faruq’s, or Dhi’l-Nurayn’s pan weighed heavier, and so they preferred them.

Moreover, as is proved in the Twelth and Twenty-Fourth Words, prophethood is so elevated in comparison to sainthood that a tiny manifestation of it is superior to a large manifestation of sainthood. In regard to this, the successes of Siddiq al-Akbar and Faruq al-A’zam during their Caliphates became an indication for the Sunnis that their share in the legacy of prophethood and the establishment of its laws had been divinely bestowed. Since Ali’s personal perfections did not dismiss that greater share, which arose from the inheritance of prophethood, he acted as Shaykhu’l-Islam for Abu Bakr and Umar, the Shaykhayn al-Mukarramayn, in the time of their Caliphates, and esteemed them. How should the Sunnis, who love and revere Ali, not love and revere the Shaykhayn, whom Ali loved and revered sincerely?

Also, there can be no comparison in respect of the collective personality of the Prophet’s Family, which was represented in the person of Ali (May God be pleased with him), and of the Muhammadan Truth, which was manifested in that collective personality through the absolute legacy of prophethood. For contained in it is the mighty mystery of the Prophet Muhammad (Peace and blessings be upon him).

mezeren

As for the Caliphate Shi’a, they have no rights before the Sunnis other than shame. For although they claim to have tremendous love for Ali, they disparage him, and their creed necessitates accusing him of immorality. For they say that although Abu Bakr al-Siddiq and Umar were acting unjustly, Ali feigned approval for them; according to Shi’i terminology, he dissimulated. That is, he was frightened of them and behaved hypocritically. But it is not love to see someone who was such a hero of Islam, won the title ‘Lion of Allah,’ and was the commander and guide of the faithful as simulating love for people he did not love out of fear and deception, as feigning approval for them in fear for more than twenty years, and as following wrongdoers. Ali (May God be pleased with him) would disclaim love that sort.

Thus, the People of Truth’s creed in no way disparages Ali, nor levels accusations of immorality at him. It does not attribute cowardice to such a remarkable courage, but says: “If Ali had not considered the Rightly-Guided Caliphs to be right, he would not have recognized them for a minute, nor obeyed them. It means that since he thought them right and preferable, he surrendered his endeavour and courage on the way of justice.”

mezeren

I n S h o r t : Too much or too little of anything is not good. Moderation is the middle way, and that is the way the Sunnis have chosen. But, alas, like Kharijite ideas have infiltrated the Sunnis to an extent, so also addicts of politics and some atheists criticize Ali. They say, God forbid, that since he did not understand politics, he was not entirely worthy of the Caliphate and could not govern. And because of these unjust accusations of theirs, Alawis feel affronted at the Sunnis. Whereas the principles and basic beliefs of the Sunnis do not necessitate these ideas. Indeed, they prove the opposite. The Sunnis cannot be condemned because of ideas such as those which come from Kharijites and atheists. Rather, the Sunnis are firmer followers of Ali than the Alawis. They mention Ali in the laudatory fashion he deserves in all their khutbas and prayers. Particularly the saints and purified scholars, the vast majority of whom were of the Sunni school, recognized him as spiritual guide and the king of sainthood. The Alawis should ignore the Kharijites and atheists who have deservedly earned the enmity of both the Alawis and the Sunnis, and not take sides against the People of Truth. Some Alawis even abandon the Prophet’s Sunna out of spite for the Sunnis. Anyway, we have said too much on this matter, for it has been discussed to excess by the religious scholars.

And so, O Sunnis, who are the People of Truth, and Alawis, whose way is love of the Prophet’s Family! Quickly put an end to this meaningless, disloyal, unjust, and harmful dispute between you. Otherwise the atheistic current which is now so influential will make one of you a tool against the other, and use the one to crush the other. And after defeating the one it will destroy the tool. Since you are believers in Divine Unity, it is essential to leave aside unimportant matters which necessitate division while there are a hundred fundamental sacred bonds between you which command brotherhood and unity.

Status
Not open for further replies.