:Is use of Tobacco Haram:

sachin4islam

Assalam Alaikum:

Is use of Tobacco Haram either in form of chewing or smoking?. Yesterday I was listening to a lecture by an eminent scholar from Indian sub-continent,whereby he tried to prove,consuming Tobacco in any form as Haram.
I am a big addict of Tobacco.

Regards.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam2:

From Islamqa

Is smooking permitted in islam? And is chewing of tobacco permitted in islam.

Praise be to Allaah.

Smoking is haraam, because it is evil and because it causes a great deal of harm. Allaah has permitted to His slaves only good kinds of food and drink, and He has forbidden the bad kinds. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“he allows them as lawful At Tayyibaat (i.e. all good and lawful as regards things, deeds, beliefs, persons and foods), and prohibits them as unlawful Al Khabaa’ith (i.e. all evil and unlawful as regards things, deeds, beliefs, persons and foods)”[al-A’raaf 7:157]

All forms of smoking are kinds of khabaa’ith (evil and unlawful things), and they include harmful and intoxicating substances. It is haraam to deal with it in any way, whether one inhales it, chews it or deals with it in any of its other forms. It is obligatory upon every Muslim to give up these things and to hasten to repent to Allaah, and to regret having committed this sin, and to resolve never to go back to it. May Allaah help us and you to do all that is good.

tariq353

Abdullah bhai this kindly through this video... insha'allah will help u a lot..

[nyt]UpKjPd0mFMo[/nyt]

wa salam

:)

sachin4islam

Assalam Alaikum:

Few years back in Alexandria,Egypt in a Shisha Lounge,I was astonished to find many Hijabed teenage girls,enjoying ''Mu‘assel" . My friend in Cairo told me that a single dose of Mu‘assel (that he was smoking) is equivalent to,about seventeen cigarettes.

Surely they weren't Coptic.

Regards.

hijabi_sis

Aslaamealykum warahamatullah wabarakatuhu.....

well from what i know "Anything which is harmful for the body is prohibited in Islam." (Sheikh Salih Munajid)

Your body is an amaanah (Trust) from Allah, and you will be held accountable about how you treated it.
Our body does not belong to us. in fact it belongs to Allah, therefore we must take care of it to the best of our ability.... :-D

Walah hu tala A'lim

sachin4islam

Aslaamealykum warahamatullah wabarakatuhu.....

well from what i know "Anything which is harmful for the body is prohibited in Islam." (Sheikh Salih Munajid)

Your body is an amaanah (Trust) from Allah, and you will be held accountable about how you treated it.
Our body does not belong to us. in fact it belongs to Allah, therefore we must take care of it to the best of our ability.... :-D

Walah hu tala A'lim

Assalam Alaikum: Sis.

I agree with you. As committing suicide is Haram in Islam,getting addicted to intoxicants is analogous to suicide.

Regards.

hellbraker

I don't know if its Haram or not, but one thing is sure. Your lungs are screaming out for help. Have you ever seen a smoker's lungs? It doesn't even look like a lungs for a hard core smoker. Besides, smoke is packed with carcinogens (any thing that causes cancer). So, if you are happy to get cancer..sure go ahead, no one is stopping.

And maybe it might happen, that it has already caused mutation at your DNA level. In that case, you are transfering that mutation to your future kids. Poor them :(

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

Forgive me if I am wrong but of my mind calling something what is not directly mention in Quran or hadiths as haram is not right. Recommend it might not be (I think it has some arabic word to this term).

sachin4islam

Forgive me if I am wrong but of my mind calling something what is not directly mention in Quran or hadiths as haram is not right. Recommend it might not be (I think it has some arabic word to this term).

Assalam Alaikum: Sis.

Use of Tobacco as an intoxicant began in 17th century,so finding a direct ruling from Quran and Hadiths about use of Tobacco is not possible.

Indirect interpretations drawn out of some similar issues may throw some light upon whether use of Tobacco is Halal or Haram?.

Many issues are resolved upon indirect interpretations from Quran and Hadiths.

Regards.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

Yes I understand this; tobacco didn´t know at that time.

Is salt haram? It was known.

Salt cause high blood pressure, risk your life and might cause death.

We can´t say something is like this is haram as haram is very strong word, mention only in Quran and hadiths. Better use some other term.