ISLAM AND THE 21ST CENTURY-Zakir Naik- Oxford Union Debate 2011 Q&A

Assalam Alaikum: If my chats are like uneducated,let it be,just remember my user name and from now onwards do not waste your time in reading my posts. By the way,the manner in which you write makes me to guess as if you are Ph.d in Islamic studies. Right?.

You point to my ethnicity(Asian) with dislike.Okay. Was our Prophet Muhammad (saw) Non-Asian?.Ahh,He (saw) was an atypical Asian. right?.

If the dressing sense of Mr.Naik is copied from Jews and Christians than also its okay. Right?.

And lastly why do you merge commonsense with knowledge. I need not be be an Imam or expert to talk on what I see.

Still you want to discuss on Mr.Naik,you are welcome.

Let me help you very quickly.

My brother/sister NEVER insult any muslim aspecially one who does so much to bring people to Islam.

Do not speak of your muslim brother what you know not, and even If you disagree with his actions or methods. You must love him

Did you not know that? If we must respond with kindness and respect to the kafir who sits and insults islam how should we comment about a fellow muslim?

Speaking of Naik I've heard his lectures sometimes I don't understand it because of his accent but from what I do understand he did not say anything wrong about Islam.

He has not gone against the Qur'an or the Hadeeth openly or unopenly Nor has he been disrespectful to fellow muslimeen.

I understand you may feel that he is a man working for his own desires but turn away from the shaytan say I seek refuge with Allah and think ALWAYS THINK positively towards your brothers and sisters.

Among the muslimeen who has stood up to make dua'a for Islam?

Do you live in a country of Kafireen? IF so did you know that it is haram to live in a country of kafoor unless you have come for Dua'a or studying something THAT YOU CAN NOT FIND IN ANY MUSLIM Country now wherever you may be in the world knowledge exists so we can exclude that.

Now "If you live in america, are you making dua'a? doing lectures etc? If not by the hadeeth of The prophet "(PBUH) you must leave that country to a muslim country.

Did you know that it is haram to work at a business doing/selling anything haram? that means grocery stores or most companies that deal in Raba such as banks.

Did you know that it is haram to have pictures!!!!!!!!!! No? It is haram to draw pictures take pictures with a camara or look at pictures be it on a PC or framed in your home.

Yes, that means you have to throw away your child's albums and delete all your facebook pictures.

Did you know it's haram to speak with any women unless it is necessary or If she is muharam like your mother sister or grandma etc.

or your wife, otherwise you can not even speak with them (except when they come to buy or need help etc)

Did you know it is haram to scream? or raise your voice? that allah has compared on who does this to a donkey?

Did you now that all music is haram? even maher zain? even with the no music video's they have added for him on youtube it is still haram?

I really nasheed is like poetry about islam or Allah or something like that not something haram like romeo and juilet

That it must be done in a bold voice and not a high pitched one? you've heard poetry before.

Many muslim either know these and accept them or know them and deny them or have no idea.

and the ones who know and deny and the ones with no knowledge are much greater in size.

How are we accomplishing what Allah has commanded upon us when we do not accept the warnings of our brothers that this or that is haram and the proof is this and this.

How will Allah be pleased with us when so many of our muslim brothers the same ones that pray in the mosque with us know not that the beard is a fard? That keeping a well groomed long beard (If you can grow one) Is fard on any male muslim???

but many will deny this even though MAJORITY of muslim SCHOLARS (scholars not muslims in general) agree with this?

Yet how many of us shave daily or weekly to keep a "clean shaven face" As If we are disgusted by what Allah has given to men (the beard)

and like I just said above, what is more logical following the lesser amount of scholars or the majority?

and why would muslim scholars seek to harden our lives by taking away the freedom of shaving our beard unless it is truly forbidden?

Believe what you like but too many muslimeen have gone astray.

BY THE WAY, It's haram to watch TV that contains females so, No more C.S.I no more Hero's! why is it haram? because all the women in the shows are wearing seductive clothing and it is haram for the muslimeen to look upon such women, but how can you watch TV without looking?

So ponder this with yourself and tell me how much haram are you doing without knowledge?

Assalam Alakum:

There are very powerful Da'ee who are actually reverts from other religions,to name some,Sheikh Yusuf Estes,Dr.Bilal Phillips,Abdur Raheem Green,Yusuf Islam....etc. Now carefully watch their dressing sense. None of them dresses in suit and Alhamdulillah they have chosen to adopt traditional Islamic dress code.

Regards.

It doesn't matter if you revert to islam or if you were born a muslim and it is not haram to wear a suit at all.

and they way they dress is based upon which they are most comfortable in, If you feel he dresses in this matter to differ himself from other muslims, If you feel that he wears the suit because he does not like to wear the traditional islamic dash dasha then that is his choice, but you are searching for faults in this man and if you had read above you are angering Allah (swt) at you.

He said do not search for faults in the muslims and leave them alone only warn against them If you can prove that they are saying things that are fitna and bid'a but you have not and can't so you must basically

Stop replying to this topic!!!! and astkfar rabek al a3la

and ask forgiveness of your lord most high! and he is of all things knowledgable and I base my words on the knowledge and wisdom he has granted me.

Al-humdililah.

:astag: