ISLAM AND THE 21ST CENTURY-Zakir Naik- Oxford Union Debate 2011 Q&A

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
^ Why dont you just state clearly what you wanna say, rather than dress your language with a f handful of Arabic words?

Allah is witness to what my intention is. This what ALlah says in Surah Noor:

24_16.png

And why did you not, when you heard it, say? "It is not right for us to speak of this. Glory be to You (O Allah) this is a great lie."

Assalamu allaicum wa rahmatullah wa baraaktuhu

Jazzak allah khair brother

Allhamdullilah I said everything what I wanted to say and I have tryed to use the best words, and Allah knows the best.

MashAllah that you have found them useful brother

Wa Allaicumu Sallam wa rahmatullah wa baraktuhu

helpinghumanity

:salam2:

i was waiting for this program but i could only watch the question answer session.i dont know why he seemed a bit nervous or may be cautious .alhamdollilah he is doing great job 5 stars.

Assalamo aliakum baji..
I hope my Urdu makes sense :)

attachment.php

Translation for others:

Sister I was only able to Record Question & Answers session of the Debate. However if you want to watch the complete lecture I can send it to you.

Furthermore Dr Zakir Naik was answering these questions from India. So there was a time lap in the response. As a result you might have got the impression of him being nervous. Wallaho Ahlam.

Your brother,
Zahid Khan

Attachments

• qa.jpg
    qa.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 2,626

helpinghumanity

assalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Brother HelpingHumanity, JazakiAllah kahiran katheera my beloved, for sharing this with us. :)

wassalam 'alaikum :)

Wa-alaikumus salam wa rahmatullah wabarakatuhu brother:

You are more than welcome brother. I hope it was a little beneficial.

However now i even regret posting this video. :(

MalikBrother

Too much harted, that itself violate one of basic of Islam, is hatred is Haraam, and that result in breaking the unity apart, relationship like family apart.

If they can't provide the reasons to back with, as their not being convinced with Zakir Naik. Then, better to keep your opinions for your own good. ALLAAH (SWT) will ask us why we didn't contribute anything to Islam, and yet dared to criticize someone else contribution? ALLAAH (SWT) knows this man better than all of us, and better than himself. ALLAAH (SWT) will ask everyone as for everyone contribution for Islam will be questioned definitely. Try to judge less, and try to contribute meaningful for Islam. We are not allowed to judge, criticize, and talk behind people back at all.

We, being Muslim, least should do is appreciate their contributions for Islam, and if we have legitimate reasons to question their contributions, feel free to do so along with the hard evidence to back with. Questioning like this, without proper evidence to back up is seriously unacceptable.

^ Abdullah,

The basic of Muslim procedure is we don't judge, hate, criticize, complain. That is seriously forbidden. No one is perfect, and there will be weak point of everyone, and Zakir Naik is no less than human either. Try to analyze his contributions more than his character and his demands. That's his business and ALLAAH (SWT), and meanwhile, we can listen to Zakir lectures if we'd like, and if you don't want to, feel free not to, and that's also your right too. We Muslim people must not hate, judge, and complain at all. We are Human, and bound to make such mistakes, and therefore, we always have opportunities to repent and ask forgiveness from ALLAAH (SWT), in order to cleanse our soul again if we continue to pray five times a day. Remember, ALLAAH (SWT) the most merciful ever!

khangul

your sister
Assalamo aliakum baji..
I hope my Urdu makes sense :)

attachment.php

Translation for others:

Sister I was only able to Record Question & Answers session of the Debate. However if you want to watch the complete lecture I can send it to you.

Furthermore Dr Zakir Naik was answering these questions from India. So there was a time lap in the response. As a result you might have got the impression of him being nervous. Wallaho Ahlam.

Your brother,
Zahid Khan

my chhotay bro you did a hard job .jazaakallah khairan katheera .may ALLAH apoint you on high places here and here after.

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
And based on Sharee`ah, what is wrong with wearing a suit?

I don't want to hear about Indian culture.

"But this trial now, you find a righteous man and his thobe (clothing worn by Arabs) is short (not falling below his ankles) and his beard is long and he prays in the first row and he loves the Sunnah. And his tongue is like a saw in the dignity of the people and in the dignity of the People of Knowledge. Laa Hawla wa Laa Quwaata Illaa Billaah

Powerful message for those who write online:
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73419&highlight=Writing+online

Brother Ibn Uthaymin,
You are right that there is nothing wrong in wearing a suit.

But the manner you have addressed this brother is not appropriate and specially in this forum where many non-muslim people visit and learn about Islam. What kind of message they will get by reading your post.

We should not be giving such impression on these forums.

I also love Dr. Zakir Naik. I watch his PeaceTV broadcast all the time, but I wouldn't address an another Muslim brother even for the sake of Dr Zakir Naik the way it is done here.

I don't want to start an another discussion so I wouldn't answer or post anymore on this topic.

I apologize in advance if I said anything wrong here.

:wasalam:

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

^ Why dont you just state clearly what you wanna say, rather than dress your language with a f handful of Arabic words?

I have to be truthful and say that such behaviour and manner of speech coming from a muslim brother for his sister-in-faith is highly disrespectful. Please brother, refrain from being angry and using such harsh language.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

I have to be truthful and say that such behaviour and manner of speech coming from a muslim brother for his sister-in-faith is highly disrespectful. Please brother, refrain from being angry and using such harsh language.

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarkatuhu

Jazzak Allah khair dear sister, but I do not understand what brother Ibn Uthaymin said to me? I have noticed his harsh behaviour even before, not only now toward me, but I did not wanted to mention it to couse discussion, but SubhanAllah, Allah is my witness that sentences above I did not understand in their real light, the same like I could not understand brother behaviour before toward other brothers and sisters.May Allah forgive me if I said something wrong,and Allah knows the best.

May Allah guide brother Ibn Uthaymin.Ameen

Ibn Uthaymin

Yikes. I didnt say the f-word. It was a typo and it just appeared there. I promise, I wouldn't drop the F-bomb on a fellow Muslim or even non-Muslim.

i`ll edit it. And try tone down my language. I don't like when people insult/backbite about students of knowledge/scholars. Its become an epidemic, especially online. Ironically, the same people would never approach the person in real life. (Shaykh Haithaym Haddad for example)

wassalamm

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

i think brother Abdullah is right about stuff.
and i am sorry people are hurt but who cares.
you have made an idol of naik saab ,he is the celebrity of the moment and we r his fans??

see at the end of the day people will criticise .and one has to listen to them.
mr naik has to be in suits because he is our lawyer in the courts of the jews and must be dressed appropriately.

-----dear brothers our way is the way of the prophet saw in everyway.

-----one who has takabbur wont enter paradise.

-----i like zakir naik because i love to see new muslims

lastly, i wrote this confusing reply because i m setback by the way people responded to brother Abdullah.please dont judge..correct aqidah goes hand in hand with good manners.
and dr naik is not our prophet and can make mistakes like anybody else.

quran-------------
http://www.scribd.com/doc/35792090/...AN-rare-english-translation-FREE-DOWNLOAD-NOW

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

brother please dont bring the issue of ethnicity.ever again.
we are not the house of saud who has sold everything islamic.

bribes???---haaza hadiya!
interest ---haaza islaminc banking.

and being arab ,pathan and indian in my bloodline-mix breed if u will- i cant stand these ignorant tirades of ethnicity .

this is why one shud spend with tableegh jamaat. where ppl from all ethicities diverge and converge.

one story ..once there was a man sitting next to a scholar and boasting how he was the descendent of some sahaba etc etc.when the scholar got bored he pointed to a very mean looking "low caste" indian (who used to clean toilets of upper castes) and said you see him
the 'noble' man said yes
he is the descendent of prophet..
WHAT!!!!!!!!!
"YES he is indeed the descendent of prophet
Adam"

sachin4islam

Assalam Alakum:

There are very powerful Da'ee who are actually reverts from other religions,to name some,Sheikh Yusuf Estes,Dr.Bilal Phillips,Abdur Raheem Green,Yusuf Islam....etc. Now carefully watch their dressing sense. None of them dresses in suit and Alhamdulillah they have chosen to adopt traditional Islamic dress code.

Regards.

Ibn Uthaymin

Assalam Alakum:

There are very powerful Da'ee who are actually reverts from other religions,to name some,Sheikh Yusuf Estes,Dr.Bilal Phillips,Abdur Raheem Green,Yusuf Islam....etc. Now carefully watch their dressing sense. None of them dresses in suit and Alhamdulillah they have chosen to adopt traditional Islamic dress code.

Regards.

Yaa Akhee. Thawb is the dress of the Arabs. The Christians and Druze in Syria wear it. This is their culture. And I dont have a problem with it, but to expose Zakir Naik on that basis is quite childish.

You still haven`t proven him to be wrong based on knowledge, But Azzam Siddique did. And he will be accountable to Allah on the day of judgment, whether he is wrong or right.

And no one placed the race card.

helpinghumanity

Why didn't you just type it?

Hey, I think the word on the fourth line isn't correct? Anyways its good, I couldn't write that to save my life.

Wa-salaam

Assalamo alaikum,

Because, this would enable me to enhance my writing skills in Urdu. Furthermore writing Urdu in English requires a lot of thinking on spelling; at least for me. So I thought it better to write on a piece of Paper, scan it and attach it..its as easy as that... blah blah..lol

OMG, yes the fourth actually fifth line word is wrong. Dah baji, you paying very close attention to my writing (Good..Good). Seems like some body is teacher ..

Btw i don't know how to write those English words in Urdu so i have to write them in English..anyways i hope it was appreciated.

muslimshabs

Assalam Alakum:

Regards.

You are right brother ... indeed they are nice daee...
I think u did not watch their dressing sense the same way as u watch that of Dr zakir naik...
you know Prophet Mohammad Salalahu alaihi wasalam was wearing turban, so atleast wearing skull cap is a sunnah but most of the time these da'ee like yousuf estes and abdul raheen green do not wear skull cap... so according to you, if your criteria of a nice da'ee is considered , then they also do not qualify for being a good da'ee...as they do not wear skull cap...
but as u said they are good da'ee , and I believe that you mean they are good da'ee by knowledge and expression and not on the basis of dress you are talking...
Now Dr Zakir naik wears skull cap, in this way he follows an extra sunnah than others do...
Hope you can understand ma point and dont critisize about dresses untill they are not modest inshallah...

hijabi_sis

Yes i watched it live on peace tv when it was on alhumdulilah! Zakir Naik is an inspiring Da'ee mashAllah, we should not overlook this, i know so many revert muslims sisters who have taken the shahadah just my listening to his eye opening lectures alhumdulilah..... its about time we stop looking at his dressing sense and start concentrating on what his lectures are about inshAllah....

fajifazeel

Allah knows best.....

Assalam Alaikum:

I don't understand,what kind of Da'ee,this person Mr.Naik is?.How Muhammad (saw) and Sahaba,invited people to Islam with great pains and simplicity,may it be even to a single individual. When our group tried to invite Mr.Naik for a Dawah conference to our city He at once demanded presence of huge crowds of audiences. In case of we can't arrange these expanded crowds he won't come to our city.

Dressed in western suits and guarded by armed gunmen,is he really following the way of our beloved Prophet (saw)?. Reformation of Muslims,to way of Muhammad (saw),primarily in Indian Sub-Continent,is very essential. But this had to be dome with Hiqmat (Wisdom) and not the way, Mr.Naik does,creating differences within Muslim community.

Allah knows better.

brother .....

dont say Allah knows better .....say he knows best ....

Aziboy

Banned
Brother Zakir Naik rocks man !!!

I have attended so many of his lectures at Peace Conferences Mumbai every year... Alhamdulillah.

He has already got so many life threats, too many from Barelwis and Rafidis. Brother Sachin,, come here in Mumbai at Peace conference, you will find him roaming around alone without the guards

We have to focus on what he is doing compare to us rather than how he is doing it, isn't it? of course he is not using or imitating other religions but for Dawah he uses some of their verses coz of which many Salafi scholars across Saudia and elsewhere opposes him.