Islam as culture

Hello Multiculti,

You don't have to be an athiest or a Muslim to live a righteous life! Ask your self, what makes someone a Muslim? How does one enter paradise in Islam? A person has to have faith in believing the God of mankind (Allah swt) AND do righteous deeds. If you live a righteous life without believing it's no different than a Christian who has faith but does not believe individuals will be held accountable for their actions (i.e. original sin).

According to Tirmidhi Hadith No. 171, prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is reported to have said, “My Ummah will be fragmented into seventy three sects, and all of them will be in Hell fire except one sect.”

This hadith reports that the prophet predicted the emergence of seventy-three sects. He did not say that Muslims should be active in dividing themselves into sects. The Glorious Quran commands us NOT to create sects. Those who follow the teachings of the Quran and Sahih Hadith (ways & examples of Prophet Muhammad pbuh), and do not create sects are the people who are on the true path. The Prophet can be seen as a "living Quran" and his companions who memorized the Quran can be seen as "copies of the Quran."

The Glorious Quran mentions in several verses, “Obey Allah and obey His Messenger.” A true Muslim should only follow the Glorious Quran and the Sahih Hadith. He can agree with the views of any scholar as long as they conform to the teachings of the Quran and Sahih Hadith. If such views go against the Word of Allah, or the Sunnah of His Prophet (pbuh), then they carry no weight, regardless of how learned the scholar might be. A true Muslim will not follow any ruling or teaching of any great scholar of Islam if that particular ruling or teaching contradicts the Quran and Sahih Hadith.

Therefore, you can not create your own school of thought. There is no gray areas in Islam. There are no in betweens. It's simply either right or wrong. And God Knows Best.

I hope everything is going well with you, especially with reading the Quran. May you find it beneficial and find all the answers to your queries. :)

danyal_1992

:salam2:
bro multiculti ur deeds will be reckless they will not benefit u in hereafter
coz Allah's Apostle said:
"ur deeds are based on ur intention"
That means if ur intention is not good then ur deeds have no value.So intention is so important for whom are u doing?

Allah's Apostle said that if u intent to do good and u for some reason would not be able to do that then u will be rewarded as same if u does that.

e.g. if u stand for salah if ur intention is not that u r worshiping Allah(swt) then ur salah is reckless.In the Quran Allah(swt) says :
"It is he who has created death and life to test u which of u are good in deeds."

NOw wat we have understand that this life is a test for hereafter .Allah(swt) says in the Quran in sorah fussilat verse no 53 :
"In time We shall make them fully understand Our message [through what they perceive] in the utmost horizons [of the universe] and within themselves, so that it will become clear unto them taht this[revelation]
in indeed the truth.[still,] is it not enough [for them to know] that thy Sustainer is witness unto everything?"

And one other thing that we dont believe in Allah Almighty as just a blind faith
but our faith is based on facts . We have the book of God Almighty and u can see around u and this universe itself witnessing that there is creator.Allah shows u his signs but it is on u that believe in him and earn Paradise forever in the Hereafter or u disbelieve and earn hell fire forever.And Allah says in the Quran :
"There is no compulsion in the religion truth stand clear from errors."

May Allah Give U Hdaya. Ameen Ya Rabulalameen
:wasalam:

:salah:

Multiculti

Thanks for your informative replies. I put it like this now, that you can have the ideal image of a Muslim as an example, whether you believe or don't believe in God, and whether you're a man or woman (Muslima in that case). That should cover it.
Now I'm sometimes thinking about these things, what do you think about the West being Islamic, what would it be like? I think the Middle East would be much closer to the West, and we'd work together to compete with the Chinese who are so smart and all. I like technology, and I think in a couple decennia we'll be ready to expand to other planets, all things that you can think about. Salaam Aleikum.

AmericanTeenager

Hey Multi,

I was trying to read the whole thread before I replied, but after your first post, I just couldn't help myself. You sound almost exactly like I was when I first came to this site under a different username over a year ago. I had little or no faith in any religion, due to my own experiences with Christianity. However, I also became very curious about Islam, because it didn't seem too terribly different from Christianity, and yet there wasn't nearly as much division. So I started at step one, I bought a copy of the Qu'ran (though on mine it's spelled "Koran"...go figure), and started reading. The more I read, the more curious I became, so I got online and literally stumbled across this site, which is a wealth of information, as well as a wonderful way to see the actions of Muslims in lieu of actual contact (And bros/sisses, sorry if it sounds like I've been studying you, but that's exactly what I've been doing :lol:). Anyway, eventually I, as teenagers are wont to do, lost my focus once school started, started dating a Christian girl, had a horrible experience with her die-hard mother, and was in a state of sheer agnosticism for the rest of the year.

Then I came back, under this name, once again began my reading and my studying, and as of (literally) last night, I am a happy brother in Islam. I would strongly encourage you to read the Qu'ran and learn everything you possibly can about Islam. Insha'Allah, you will come to the same decision :)

Oem Soufiane

Wow wat een frisse kijk op de islam heb jij, dat heb ik niet vaak gehoord hier in Nederland, ik ben een Nederlandse bekeerde vrouw, had ook dezelfde visie als jij, het is nu erg laat voor mij, de kids moeten morgen weer naar school dus moet vroeg op, zal morgen op je reageren inshallah (als god het wil).

Oem Soufiane

Sorry for the Dutch language brothers and sisters, just told Multiculti that I understand his feelings and will reply to him tomorrow inshallah.

Multiculti

AmericanTeenager Masha'Allah, congratulations with becoming a Muslim! That's the right choice, and don't forget that the Christians aren't bad if they judge you for being a Muslim, they don't know better. It's an opportunity for you now to bring more people to Islam, talk to people when you meet them, and tell them they're part of a fraudulent religion of the anti-Christ (Paulus) now, that is smartly fooling them at this moment, thinking they are doing the right thing while actually they are sheep being herded to the abyss. Yusuf Estes is someone you can take an example of.

Danyal buddy I'm trying to do the best I can, I'm not expecting rewards but it's all you can do, following your ideals.

Multiculti

Ok I've thought about it for some time, and I think that I'm going to promote the idea of people that don't believe in God to call themselves Muslim. It's the only way for Islam to become big in the modern Western society, and prevent a split between people that do and don't believe. So if you have the good behaviour, want to be a Muslim and conform to the way that you should be a Muslim you can be it. You have to be accepted and be able to call yourself a Muslim, otherwise it's not good enough, to follow the way of Islam but not being able to call yourself a Muslim... it's a difficult problem but I think this is the best solution. So that would make me a Muslim now. The details can be determined by others.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Dear Multiculture...the essence of anything carries all the qualities of it. The core of Islam is Allah subhana talla. You love the qualities of Muslims. The life of a Muslim is submission to the Reality of Allah. I pray you can make sense of this.

Multiculti

Thanks Mirajmom your replies are always smart and helpful. I guess this is necessary because of two reasons, there's not a good replacement for the social life of Islam for atheists, and atheists will not start to believe in God en masse. It's better for them to be Muslim without believing in God than to have nothing at all. Sorry that I offend people with this and I know it's not according to the rules. But I think it's necessary.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

You are most welcome. I know you have a big heart. I do not think you are upsetting anyone. That is not your purpose. You seem to have found the profound peace and widom of Islam. Yes, I too love to share this with the whole world. Yet, the choice to accept Islam is individual. In acceptance of Islam we can not divide Islam. It is Totality. Forgive my ignorance as I am not a scholar. A rose petal contains the qualities and essence of the rose. No matter where we find a rose petal it is still a rose. Hence in Islam it is Allah subhana talla as it is in the rose and the rose petal. It is His creation and Islam is His Religion. I believe that deep down in the intellect and soul of an atheist lies that essence of belonging to Our Creator.

Multiculti

Here's an update in this thread.
I'm wondering how all you guys are doing, and how you think about these plans. The plans are to try to accelerate Islamisation in the West, and to make friends between West and Middle East. I'm thinking of my own site, to make an addition to it that would help dawa, or make a new site. Maybe cooperations with other people, organizations or websites. Maybe you guys got some ideas for a site that would be helpful, maybe interactive, or find some way in which people can use the website and go out and do something. I you have a good idea then I could put it into a website, because I'm good at technical stuff .
But I'd also like to know about what you think of this, this Islamisation and the better relations.

I'm concerned by the way by dr Naik, after watching a video and reading an article I got the idea that he wants to lay a foundation for dislike or hate towards the West, because he says all kinds of problems have their origin in the West, and have prevented the Middle East from developing. So he makes people feel better, and says that you would have done so wonderful, if only it wasn't for the West, that broke you and prevented all these great things. Like lack of scientific progress, he says it's the West's fault. And he probably has some other things, can't remember it but anyway I don't like it.

Thanks Mirajmom, you give me confidence in what I'm doing and respect for what you stand for.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

You are most welcome.

Ah! I love Dr. Naik. He is brillant and possess a wit that is acute. He is a scientist by training. He is clinical in his arguments. But, he does not speak of hate. He gives proofs. That which he reveres is beyond questioning. Next time watch him as he takes the status quo. He defines the problem to be tackled. He presents several facets of the current issue. And then with the percision of a surgeon he dismantles the error. In his lectures not one person yawns. Let me know what you think.

Multiculti

well if you like him then that shines some light on him. I though about growing a beard today, as I live in a land of the Kuffaar, I'll be able to talk to the Muslims more, as they'll probably check me out. It should be better than talking to the Dutch people online, as the message doesn't get through. Also at work then the talk will be more to that subject, while you didn't start it yourself. Cos it's still the nr1 thing I do, this dawa, instead of work or other things. Maybe I'll even meet a good Muslima, as I have to say I'm done with girlfriends, and not interested in them, and neither interested in girls that have had (many) boyfriends already. She has to be pure inside, I have to see it. Unfortunately these girls are about nonexistant where I live (among the Dutch), at least in their twenties.
It'd also stimulate contact with the Moroccans etc and set an example to the other guys, if they'd see me on the street looking like a Muslim, I like giving an example.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Dear brother you are so dedicated. You inspire others to do better. I do not wish to monopolize this post. I pray others will respond to you.

Thank you for your generous words.

Now, I do pray that you are able to materialize your dreams.

Please keep in mind that Islam is very kind to women. If a woman reverts to Islam her past behaviors are forgiven. If a Muslim woman has been married and divorced should she remarry it is not a stigma. This is yet another beautiful facet of Islam. I write this because purity of the spirit is more important and leads to purity of the body.

As a woman it breaks my heart to see young girls who have to suffer. Many girls who know no better than to run from man to man are in pain. We can not change biology and I am begining to think that we ought to marry at a much younger age. But that is the topic of another post.

Good luck with the beard. Let us know how things progress. By the way have you tried meditation using Islamic phrases.
Until next time,
your aapa.

Mairo

Maryama
Cool Mairo, that's interesting the things that you've been through. I'm not very much multiculti in the traditional sense of the word though, as in making much room for the rest of the world in your own country, if other countries don't do that as well. However I like the concept of making friends with people from other countries, and transcending and understanding cultural/religious differences and turning them into a profitable cooperation.
Good that you're a Muslim in the States, I hope you help converting Americans to Islam, you could use the site in my profile for helping in this if you want. Thanks for the kind words, the West should become Islamic pronto, and Insha'Allah we can all become better friends.

Hi again Multiculti, sorry I was unable to keep up with the conversation previously, I had a lot of other obligations to attend to, but hopefully should have more time available soon. I hope you will be returning to the thread!

I very much appreciate your statement, "I'm not very much multiculti in the traditional sense of the word though, as in making much room for the rest of the world in your own country, if other countries don't do that as well. However I like the concept of making friends with people from other countries, and transcending and understanding cultural/religious differences and turning them into a profitable cooperation". I am an American of European origin, and I appreciate this culture just as I appreciate others. I have travelled a lot and have spent a significant amount of time in other parts of the world, and I have seen that each and every culture has its good and bad qualities, and we have a lot to learn and appreciate from each other. Allah created us with differences for a purpose, we are all interdependent, and it is best if we can benefit from the different strengths we can each contribute.

Islam does teach us to appreciate the good traditions and discard the bad or harmful (haram) traditions. Muhammad also travelled frequently, and he enjoyed experiencing other cultures. He was also sensitive to the cultural practices of different traditions, and would try to include those traditions (as long as nothing was haram) during special occasions or celebrations. Islam does bind the believers together across cultural divides, but as has been pointed out, it cannot really be considered a culture as it is by definition a religion. It is impossible to separate the fact that the religion of Islam is the beleif in and submission to the Creator, and just "follow the rules".

I am very encouraged that more and more Americans are learning about Islam and are embracing the religion based on reading the Qu'ran and finding out what Muhammad actually taught. Most Americans are very surprised when they find out some of the things Islam teaches (like Musims believe Jesus was the messiah and will return again; kindness toward spouses and all family members, especially mothers, is one of the most important acts; the fact that Allah and God are one and the same; etc etc etc). Also when they learn about the kind and compassionate example of Muhammad many are deeply touched . . . his true example is so far removed from the lies that some feel compelled to propegate about him.

And I believe there are not only misconceptions Americans have about Islam that need to be addressed, but there are also misconceptions people from other countries have about Americans that should be addressed. I think a recognition - on the part of Americans and Muslims alike - regarding how many American traditions are actually in-line with Islam (not just harping on the traditions that are out-of-line!) would bring about a much greater understanding and benefit.

Also, a lot of Americans (and Muslims alike!) have an incorrect view of Shariah Law, and are afraid, among other things, that living under Shariah means you would be forced to become a muslim or forced to submit to laws that you do not want. This is simply not true. One of the important concepts in Islam is that there is no compulsion in religion! Under Shariah Law, all inhabitants of the land are free to practice whatever religion they want in whatever way they choose without fear of persecution or coercion, all that is required is to pay a tax in return for the peace and protection the muslim land offers. It is only Muslims who are held to account, because they are convinced that there is only one God and Muhammad was the final messenger of God, according to the rules and regulations of the religion of Islam. Muslims recognize that there is no law or rule in Islam but that it is for the benefit of humankind. We also believe that Isa (Jesus) will return and implement Shariah Law correctly in the Last Days.

What is also not clearly understood is that Shariah Law is the Law of God. We have a lot of man-made laws in this country, some of which are in line with the Law of God and some of which are completely arbitrary or even contrary to this Law. For example, many people would be surprised to learn that many of the regulations in the US, such as anti-discrimination / equal employment acts, the enforcement of contracts, anti-trust laws, just to name a few, are in line with Shariah Law.

Like you, I would love to see the US become an Islamic country because I care about people and would love for more and more people to be able to benefit from Islam. This religion is a true blessing from the Most High, and I hope that more people will become aware of it and seek refuge and find safety for their souls with the All Powerful, the Beneficient and Merciful Lord.

Best wishes to you, may Allah guide us all to what is best.