Video ISLAM: The Fastest Growing Religion In The World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ameeer

*use the direct link. player doesn't work*

Direct Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zZGznVmviE

Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world. Islam is going to dominate many Places in USA and Europe in the next few years, and is now a fiery revival sweeping much of the planet from Africa to Asia to Latin America to Europe to USA.

The number of Europeans, Americans, Latinos and Africans converting to Islam is growing rapidly

check it out !!

CNN WORLD NEWS: Islam is the fastest-growing religion
http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/9704/14/egypt.islam/

Islam is Fastest Growing Religion in United States:
http://www.defendamerica.mil/articles/a100501b.html

Times on line: Thousands of british people convert to islam every year:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article1026534.ece

Why European women are turning to Islam:
http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/1227/p01s04-woeu.html

Washington-Report: The Nation's Fastest Growing Religion
http://www.washington-report.org/backissues/0596/9605013.htm

Washington Post: Islam Luring More Latinos
http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?pagename=article&contentId=A27758-2001Jan6&notFound=true

Islam is spreading among Thousands black South Africans
http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=139&art_id=qw1100423885802B264

Washington Post: Islam Attracting Many Thousands Survivors of Rwanda Genocide
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A53018-2002Sep22.html

Islam - World's Fastest Growing Religion
http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/3016/fastest.htm

Many Converts to Islam Homepage:
http://www.islamawareness.net/Converts/

More Sources:
http://thetruereligion.org/modules/xfsection/index.php?categ ory=3&orderby=counterA

Well over here in Munich , I ve also met people from Iran who became
Atheists or converted to another religion due the anger they have for their
brutal regime in their country. I also know " converts " who just claim to be so, to get a "green card" (In Germany we dont have Green cards but I dont know the English word for the german word)
But I also met German, Vietnammese, African converts to Islam.
And we also dont need such reports from the Media to make us confident.
I doubt that u can read the minds or know whats in the hearts of 1.4 Billion People !
U been travelling around but never met a convert ? So ? LOL the world is BIG.
U dont met converts like that. But u can get information about some converts who are "famous" or written books about Islam/Religion. Just a few in the US:
Jeffrey Lang, Jusuf estes, Billal Phillips , Everlast(the rapper/singer from House of Pain) Dave Chappelle........ and so on. Im sure u heard of them.
there is this website www.thedeenshow.com (sorry for advertising TTI) which is a site of converts.
Also fastest Growing religion doesnt mean due to immigration. LOL
It means the number of Muslims is growing(Eventhough there is alot of diying in Iraq/Afghanistan...)
Also it doesnt mean growing due to high birth rate. If u look at the birth rate of latin american countries ull see that they also get 5-7 childrean each family.

P.S. How do u know that this doctor guy is a "moderate" Muslim ? Do u even know the difference between a "moderate" and a Wahabi for example ? U dont even know what a Muslim or what Islam is.
U need to learn how to seperate ur opinion/point of view from facts and reality. (sorry if it rude)

Kind Regards

acctuelly i am not worried about islam is it the growing religion in this world or not.

DAy by day our life is gonna very tough, there is no name of honesty.

If we say that dishonesty is growing day by day but does it mean that it is the good one?

Is dishonesty a good thing?

truth is never depend on number, age nation and something else.
If we say that `x` is the oldest book of the world , does it mean that it is the truth book of god?

or harry potter is read by million of people does it mean its the book of god or the story of this book real?

If we think that a religion(whatever christianity or islam) is growing fastest does it prove that this religion is truth?
i dont think so.

i had 40 friends in my class but most of them are thiefs or hijackers after when the passed 10 standerd , does it mean that to steal something or hurt someone is good thing or right thing?

i dont think that people should prove themselves that they are on the right path because of number or the fastest growing religion.

And in some points i am also agree with brother zag...

Just like Hinduism is now one of the greatest world religions (by population) thanks to Indias incredible growth rate.

Brother for a little information that more then 30-35% people of india are muslims.

PS:may be you will get information that there are 10-15% muslims in india.

exactly information i dont have.

IMAM

This is a common claim:
Islam is the fastest growing religion on the planet.

Its an important claim too... this belief inspires overwhelming confidence in Muslim youth and elders alike, it seems to confirm all prophecy is on track and it suggests that Islam must have such a great advantage over any other major religions that its clear to see the attraction worldwide.

Im sorry, there is a problem here.

The problem is that these many articles and claims do not seem to be lining up with the real world around me.
In all my 37 years I dont think I could picture one single non-Muslim who ever converted to Islam.
Never even heard of such a thing.
Even traveling extensively throughout the USA and the UK and I dont think I have met or heard of any non-Muslim converting to Islam.
Cat Stevens?

I definitely know Muslims who abandoned Islam in favour of either Christianity (and the most famous one hosts the local Christian TV channel) or I know a few others to 'Agnosticism'.

So how can we reconcile these 'factual' statements claiming Islam is the 'fastest growing' religion?

Consider this, I live in a Province and from a City which has had a Muslim Immigrant population long before most other regions in North America. 30 years ago you would visit Edmonton and find the Lebanese Restaurants or Jordanian Doctors here.
In the most recent 10 years we have imported even more Muslims than ever before, many from former-Yugoslavia and even more from Somalia and other African nations.
This accounts for practically 100% of all 'growth'.

Here is an example:
In my mother's small city (about 10,000 people) there was a Doctor brought in from Jordan.
He has done very well financially (and deserves it) and now his sons and daughters are older and marrying other Muslims.
Altogether there are about Eight family members.
Although they are very 'moderate' Muslims they naturally wanted a Mosque and a few years ago purchased a former Church and converted it into a Mosque.
Now 8 people (or more if guests come over) can worship in the Mosque they have.

Do you see how this makes it technically possible to call Islam the 'fastest growing religion'?
Before there were 9 churches (100% of the worship places) but now there is 1 Mosque which can be said to be '10%' growth of Islam in town.
OR
You can work the numbers another way and say because there were no muslims in the town before (0%) but now there are 8 Muslims..... then this is an '800%' increase in Muslims?

In reality, there are no new Muslims on the planet but only 8 Muslims leaving Jordan but living in Canada instead.
'Technically' Islam has 'grown the fastest' in a purely 'statistical' sense in this town.

Now a good argument can be made that the already existing Muslim World is experiencing population growth.
Of course this would bring more Muslims into the world.
By this same way of things - Hinduism has been the 'fastest growing religion' as India's population exploded past 1 Billion people.

I would not want anyone to be deceived and given some false hopes that Islam is converting great numbers.
Its so rare for any non-Muslim in Europe or North America to convert to Islam that just one or two result in videos and praise reports to be posted on Pro-Islam websites and talked about like incredible discoveries.
It rarely happens.
Almost never.

Can I give you an extreme example of the importance of this belief?
Osama Bin Laden.
Hang on please because this will explain itself when you recall the video of Bin Laden found after 9/11.
In that case, he was sitting in a room with many of his top men and they were recounting the results of the 911 Jihad.
At one point Bin Laden speaks about the real importance or the 'ultimate goal' being achieved when he heard that... in the first few days after 9/11 bookstores in the West had sold almost every copy of every book about Islam until their shelves were bare.
Praise Allah! exclaimed the thankful Bin Laden... he was praising Allah because he believed this was a Western public responding to Allah and The Koran.
Bin Laden now has a justification for his actions in this belief that Islam is being acclaimed and sought by non-Muslims.
Wrong.
People were rushing to find books on Islam because they wanted to quickly and carefully find out everything they could about the biggest threat to their safety and to prepare to 'do battle' with this ideology they perceived as a threat to peace and security.
They wanted answers alright.. but not for their spiritual needs but to find out what Muslims were doing and might do next.

So this is an example about why our beliefs are important.
If you WANT non-Muslims to convert to Islam then its also important for you to know it almost never happens in the West.
This way you can work on better ways to evangelise or maybe find out what is wrong with the current situation.

So this is how I am reconciling what is obvious in the daily lives of our Western cities and what appear to be 'technically true' claims made regarding Islam.
Who thinks I have this correct or where do you think Ive gone wrong?

spot on...this false claim that islam is fastest growing religion has to me reached the point of nauseating....infact today in america the fastest growing religion is mormonism thats a fact.....the only people(read converting)turnig to islam are blacks who in any case are disefranchised and hence looking for a `family` catch my drift.......americans are quizical people who disdain dogma and ritual not to mention regulation(read clerical heirachy).this notion of islam taking over ridiculous.truth doesnt have a monoploy......

All you are doing is explaining to me that the world is very big and then you can give me some examples of non-muslims converting to Islam.
A German, Vietnamese, an African.
This is only making my point - its so rare that when it happens its all but newsworthy.
Again, in a very big world with 1.4 Billion Muslims and we have a handful of examples?

You could travel across Canada and visit every Mosque and rarely find a single non-muslim Canadian who has converted to Islam.
On rare occasions you can find a Wife who has converted for marriage and occassionally in the big city mosques you can see the odd Westerner.
99.9 will be Muslims from Muslims nations (either immigrants or next generation).
If you can find me 10 Christian (or Non-Muslim) in Edmontons Mosque who converted to Islam.... I will find you twice as many former Muslims who converted out of Islam (sometimes to Christianity but often to 'Atheism').

Im sorry, I understand you want to believe Islam is winning the day, it is attracting the hosts in the countries its being hosted and that there are so many great successes as Islam grows.
Sorry.
Thats not happening here, not in London, not in Texas and not in Germany. its just not happening and you can look and see for yourself.

I think you might do a critical investigation into some of these surveys or begin to contact Mosques directly and ask them directly "How many non-Muslims have converted to Islam?"
Ask them to verify this and then measure that number against how many have rejected Islam.
I would not count former-muslims who are returning to the faith but I think you could count those who were always 'Agnostic' but maybe they were from a 'Muslim heritage' but never practiced.

I think you will be very disappointed with the numbers but as long as the population of Muslims keeps growing, of course Islam is too.
Just like Hinduism is now one of the greatest world religions (by population) thanks to Indias incredible growth rate.

I didnt say A German, A African I meant the plural form.
Like I tried to explain to you. U dont meet muslim(convert or not) on every corner. People that convert dont become superstars. " Handfull of examples"
????????? U really think there is some database of people that convert ? I only listed u some people who are already popular. I personnaly dont know every muslim on this planet. Edmonston Mosque ? Ive never heard of that mosque before Im sorry.
2. I dont care if im the only muslim on earth. It doesnt bother me at all.
AND PLEASE DONT TRY TO ANALYSE ME OR ANY OTHER PERSON WHOM U NEVER MET. AND U DONT HAVE TO TELL ABOUT WHATS GOING ON IN GERMANY. I KNOW BETTER THAN U. I LIVE HERE.

"I would not count former-muslims............"

AGAIN: DONT ANALYZE PEOPLE WHOM U NEVER MET OR HAD CONTACT WITH.
ALL OF THIS IS JUST UR POOR PREJUDICE OPINION.

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Assalamu alaikum,

We appreciate you interacting on TTI but please don't make this a forum for debate. Please refer to the Website Rules. Jazakallaahu Khayr for making this forum friendly.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Zardoz is completely wrong and making assumptions either out of complete ignorance or deliberately to mislead people.

Its true there are Mosques that have not many Converts, but, this is not at all a claim that there are no people becoming Muslim. Around 11,000 have done so just in the UK.

You are claiming it is all false and a myth. How ridiculous can you get. This website has 100s of people who have reverted to Islam. And if you go to many Mosques in the cities, you will see Reverts. For example, in London Regents Park or in Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham etc.

However, I would like to point out that the number of people becoming Muslim is not so important. EVen if there was just one person who was Muslim on the entire planet, Islam would still remain the truth.

For we worship Alllah alone without associating partners with Allah and following his beloved Messenger Muhammad :saw:.

1000s become Muslim from all over the world, from all walks of life.. The different language sections headed by NEW MUSLIMS from those continents is testamant to that.

And if anyone is in doubt, just visit the main Mosques in the city and see for yourself!

[SIZE=+1]Rise in Germans converting to Islam
[/SIZE]
Regional-Germany, Religion, 1/13/2007
There has been a surge in the number of Germans converting to Islam, the weekly Der Spiegel today cited an Interior Ministry-sponsored study.

Around 4,000 Germans converted to Islam between July 2004 and June 2005 which is four times as many as in the prior space of time, said the study which was conducted by the Islam-Archive Central Institute, based in the western town of Soest.

The head of the German Islam think-tank, Salim Abdullah pointed out that that most of those who converted to Islam, have been women and well-educated.

According to a Berlin-based Muslim leader Mohammad Herzog, there are various motives for the sharp rise in the number of converts, saying many have been former devout Christians who had cast doubts about their faith.

Meanwhile a sociologist of religion, Monika Wohlrab-Sahr, pointed out that many potential converts view Islam "a very genuine alternative." Interestingly enough, whenever the German media steps up its attack on Islam, more people convert to Islam than in normal years, Abdullah said.

Based on statistics released by the Islam-Archive Central Institute in May 2005, some 14,352 out of 3.5 million Muslims in Germany are of German-origin.

melissa123

Not Junior Anymore!!
I know heaps of converts and I am one too! so there you go, you know of one now. And I am from the west; Australia.

loveislam1

Asalam Alikoum convert here! 9 years allhamdullilah most of our community are converts mashallah. Imam i was offended by your comments about blacks ( no i am not black). I am offened more that you called your self by the name of imam with perceptions that you have subhanallah!

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
Im a convert,

SURPRISED

I'm russian ,converted in US alahmdulillah

Zardos ,I wonder where u taking all this information from ,out of your head ,without any proof ,its totally wrong what u are saying

am offened more that you called your self by the name of imam with perceptions that you have subhanallah!
Yea I agree ,thats really interesting,I advise u to change your user name

Status
Not open for further replies.