Islamic calligraphy on the wall?

Al Qassimi

:salam2:

I will be living in the dorms and I want to put Islamic calligraphy on the walls so I can make my room more "lively" , it seems so dead. However, my friend told me its Haram. Now how is it Haram when inside Masjids? or other houses?

I want your opinion about this or if anyone has any knowledge about this let me know.

:wasalam:

sarah_mann

assalamu aleykum, i do not know whether its haram or not, but we also jave a picture written kalima, my husband asked one of the maulanas, and he answered that if its read by you then you can put it. for example some people they put qu'raniv ayaats, or duas on walls, so if you read it and its not just for beauty of the house then its ok, Allohu A'lam.waassalam.

Salem9022

You know I asked a Student of Knowledge this question, that so many Muslim homes have Islamic Calligraphy in them on the walls they even have the picture of the Kaa'ba in their home on the walls. But what is the Purpose of this? You Don't get any reward for having them on the Walls, and they are not ment for being Hanged on the Walls they are to be implemented in your life. So Many homes have these verses of the Qur'an on the Walls and in the Same room they have the television on and they are watching Half Naked Women and Prophanity and Music Videos and they also pictures of themselves hanging etc, in the same room where the Qur'anic caligraphy is there So they are insulting the Qur'an indirectly with having the Qur'an hanging and doing all these things in the same room. So what was the Point of having The Qur'anic Caligraphy there? You won't find Scholars of Islam puting up Verses of the Qur'an on their Walls because they know, that it won't benifit them. Allah won't give you more blessing if you were to put them on the your walls because they aren't ment for that. They are ment for you to read it and impliment it in your life.