islamic issue

baby_sister

:salam2:
i really would like to be a doctor in the future inshallah but i heard that i acn't be one becuase it means touching men. i really wanna work in the a&e department.
so i really need your help am i allowed to be a doctor even if it means touching men.
:wasalam:

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
:salam2:

You can wear examination gloves. I will be very happy if you can become one, inshallah. Islam does not make it difficult for one to be able to achieve their dream.

umm hussain

Being a doctor will be great i think, we do need more female doctors. About not being a doctor because you will touch men, I dont think that is reasonable, what about male doctors who touch women, who gives them that right. If touching is prohibited for women it is the same for men besides this touching is nothing to do with having feelings for that person but to help them get better with no emotional ties.

I would also think your intention counts as well, you could be a gynecologist for the sake of Allah to help Muslim sisters especially who have to go to see one but have to go to see a man because shortage of female ones.

Anyway Allah knows best