Islamic marriage without permission

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiLK

Is marriage in Islam valid without permission of parents? Or when parents do not know that their children are going to marry?

TiLKi

Local Stranger
Dear TiLK,
The majority of terrorists are not Muslims. If they had been Muslims they wouldn't be terrorists. None of real Muslims would be terrorist. I don't know if you are Muslim but if you are, it really doesn't seem so. Please don't talk in that way about Muslims.

TiLK

Who is it Muslim? If its person who believes in Allah and Prophets, than I do believe Usama Bin Ladin or Saddam Husein were Muslims.

Sure you can say they did it only for their own profit and they werent Muslims in fact, but there are many other, for example suicide attackers, I believe they did it of their mistaken fate.

These people understand Islamic teaching incorrectly, but they believe in Alllah, are they muslims or not?

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum,

I have removed the Signature.. from Tilk's profile. It is not good to say that " "The majority of terrorists are muslims. But the majority of muslims are not terrorists."
because it is not true.

Perhaps if a person is unaware of the situation in the world, and has a wharped view about what terrorism is, then this may be the conclusion.

The Reality, is quite different.

Please see here, about terrorism
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2368

--------

Secondly, the question is about the girl marrying without the Wali, and this is haram.

The Prophet :saw: said: "There is no marriage without the permission of a guardian." [Sunan of Abu Dawood 2080, Narrated Abu Musa]

The parents are important for both the man and the woman who wish to marry. For the girl, it is essential that her Wali marries her off, after making sure the man who marries her is a good Muslim. This is the general ruling, and is based upon the Qur'aan and Sunnah.

For such important matters, Scholars, need to be consulted with any individual cases etc.

assalamu alaykum

Status
Not open for further replies.