islamic university dilemma. :help:

Amirah20

:salam2:

All praise be to Allah, the cherisher and sustainer of the worlds. Peace and prayer be upon Rasul Muhammad saaws, his family and his companions.
I hope everyone is in the best of health and Iman InshaAllah. I was wondering is there an islamic university in Saudi Arabi that accepts females who want to study aboard and do I need a muhram? I understand that women need a muhram to travel but what if you don't have any and you want to further your islamic knowledge by moving to a muslim country and attend a university overseas.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

The five major universities in the Kingdom are King Saud, King Abdulaziz, King Faisal, Imam Muhammad bin Saud and Umm Al-Qura. All are open to male and female students. Women attend all five major universities, as well as numerous all-female colleges and private women’s universities.

http://www.saudiembassy.net/Country/Education/EduDetail3.asp

Umm Al-Qura
Umm Al-Qura

QUESTION #7: Can women study at Umm Al-Quraa University?

ANSWER #7: Alhamdulillaah, Umm Al-Quraa University has a huge women's campus where students can comfortably relax their hijaab and attend their classes with no men anywhere around. The programs are all the same, in fact they recieve the same monthly stipend of SR 845. This makes a great oppurtunity for young couples who have no children to study together at Umm Al-Quraa. Our sisters in the West really need good role models, so if you are able to assist your wife, sister, or daughter in studying at Umm Al-Quraa, it would be a great benefit to the Muslims of the West, in shaa' Allaah. Female applicants must provide proof of a male family member's residence in Makkah or apply along with her spouse or brother.

Women interested in studying at the Arabic Language Institute can contact a (female) student at:

[email protected]

Women interested in studying at one of the Islamic colleges (BA level) can contact a (female) student at:

[email protected]

Amirah20

JazakaAllah Khair bro but I don't have any mahram who is willing to study aboard with me. But I have a family that lives in Riyadh is that acceptable?

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalam

:jazaak: for the information brother alkathiri.

...the question of mahram..is it just for travelling? so when you reach the destination it doesnt matter if he goes away yes? he just has to get you to the place and then he can leave?

Amirah20

JazakaAllah Khair alkathiri and twas19. Now all I want to know is there a way to get around the mahram system. I'm interested in a school in mecca and it’s a must for the female to have a mahram. Since I have a family in Riyadh I wanted to know if they could drop me off (stay for while if necessary)! I really don’t like this rule…it just makes it harder for those females who want to an Islamic education and this problem is stopping them. But jazakaAllah Khair I’ll keep looking inshaAllah.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

I really don’t like this rule…it just makes it harder for those females who want to an Islamic education and this problem is stopping them..

sister , you cannot say that....

So now , it is settle .you just have to let your relative in Riyadh know. May your journey be a success one.

Amirah20

sister , you cannot say that....

So now , it is settle .you just have to let your relative in Riyadh know. May your journey be a success one.

yeah the problem is how will i let them know...they are from my mom's side of the family and the last time I saw them was when I was 8 which was 12 years ago. :shymuslima1: I don't want to show up all of a sudden and say "hey guys I wanna go to mecca take me there" you know what I mean. the other problem is I have to convince my mom to let me go. different problem are starting to surface now :(. InshaAllah make dua'a that it all goes well.

ayman

La Ilaha Illa Allah
Staff member
may Allah make things easier for u and for all the Umma.
i just want to add one thing, if mean by "rule" the fact that women have to be with a mahram to travel, it´s not allowed to say "i hate this rule", because it´s not anyone who made this rule, it´s Muhammad salla Allahu alayhi wa sallam´, so let us be carefull about what we say.
barakallahu fikum jamiaan
salam

twas19

sorry sister amirah20 i couldont find regarding that wether you can travel to makkah without mahram.although i have provided you the list you can look for more information over there.

wasalam

Globalpeace

Banned
King Saud university (Riyadh)

Asslamo Allaikum,

King Saud university (in Riyadh) & I can assure you that it is VERY VERY hard to get in the 1st place for Non-Saudees...

You got no chance of getting into any Islamic university in Saudia (oir any other credible Islamic university) without a Mahram with you (there).

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
i just want to add one thing, if mean by "rule" the fact that women have to be with a mahram to travel, it´s not allowed to say "i hate this rule", because it´s not anyone who made this rule, it´s Muhammad salla Allahu alayhi wa sallam´, so let us be carefull about what we say.
salam

I dont think sister Amirah20 meant that really, my understanding of what she put was, that maybe theres a way round the bit where the mahram has to be in Makkah and live and stay there with you and apply aswell, since her family are in Riyadh not Makkah and theres no mahram applying to the University with her. Isnt that part just extra added on by the University? Im not saying thats a bad idea in itself, but it does make the obstacle course of applying that much more difficult.

The rule is important and like everything, is there for a purpose and for our own benefit and i dont think anyone in their right mind, or out of choice, would evade the mahram ruling.

wasalam-alekum

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

Steps to take inshAllah

1) Convince your mum
2)Call your relatives . InshAllah they will help
3) try to apply for King Saud Uni.

I dont see why your mum doesnt let you study overseas. :confused:

Amirah20

salam

Bro I never said "i hate this rule" what said was I didn't like the fact they wont allow me unless a mahram was in mecca specifically and Riyadh doesn't matter. I go to college now and I don't have my brother holding my hand and taking me to school. I go to places now and I don't need a babysitter. I know I need a mahram if I'm traveling but if my relatives are in the same country I don't see why not. please brother don't take what i said out of context.

ayman

La Ilaha Illa Allah
Staff member
i´m sure u didnt mean anything wrong, and i´m sorry if i made u think so.
may Allah make things easier for u and for everyone who is seeking Talab Al-ilm, ameen.