Islamophobia in English Novels.

abu_tamim

Thursday, 26 May 2011

Islamophobia in English Novels.

Presently I am reading a novel by Wilbur Smith called, “Those in Peril”.

I have read several of his novels before and enjoyed them because of their tightly knit themes, racy story telling and the fact that many of them were based in Africa.

In this novel, Smith has gone hammer and tongs at the Muslims and Islam, misrepresenting our religion, its culture and its people in such an amateurish, flag waving way that I was quite astounded. As a matter of fact, he reminded me of another bigot, Tom Clancy.

It is a simplistic story about the heroine who is the owner of an Oil Company. The hero is a security man and the first victim is the heroine’s daughter who is kidnapped and held for ransom, tortured and raped. And all this is done by “Muslim” pirates for some kind of obscure vendetta against the hero and heroine.

At every opportunity and every turn, Smith has tried to represent Islam as the cause of what happens in the novel. The White Caucasians are pure and principled. The Black Muslims are impure and impious in the extreme. There is no need for subliminal messages in this book. It is full of one long diatribe against Islam.

Read the following ridiculous passage on page 23 where the “Muslim villain” is “praying” in the following words:

‘In the sight of Allah the Merciful and of his prophet I declare that I am Adam Abdul Tippoo Tip and that from the day of my birth I have embraced Islam and I am now and have always been a true believer. I confess my sins in that I have cohabited with the infidel and have taken unto myself the infidel name of Rogier Marcel Moreau. I pray your pardon for these deeds; which I have committed only in the service of Islam and of Allah the most Merciful and not by my own wishes or desires.’

Not a single Muslim in the world would recognize this as some kind of Muslim prayer or dua’. May Allah guide all the Wilbur Smiths of this world to the truth and justice. In the meantime, this rotten book is definitely not recommended.

Wa salamu ‘alaykum.

Taken from my blog.

Abu_Tamim.

Wannabemuslim

al salaam Sr winston chirchill also hated islam :astag:, just because someone is well known and famous dosnt meen there cant be ignorant

Heres what he said "How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity.

The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property – either as a child, a wife, or a concubine – must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men.

Thousands become the brave and loyal soldiers of the Queen: all know how to die but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it had vainly struggled, the civilisation of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilisation of ancient Rome." -Winston chrichill

Every thing just mentioned in his quote is proven false infact quite the oppisitt

Perseveranze

al salaam Sr winston chirchill also hated islam :astag:, just because someone is well known and famous dosnt meen there cant be ignorant

Heres what he said "How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity.

The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property – either as a child, a wife, or a concubine – must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men.

Thousands become the brave and loyal soldiers of the Queen: all know how to die but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it had vainly struggled, the civilisation of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilisation of ancient Rome." -Winston chrichill

Every thing just mentioned in his quote is proven false infact quite the oppisitt

Makes me laugh that Islam/Arab Muslims were the credit for the west to even have the opportunity to advance in "sciences". Before that they were killing innocents every day, they were persecuting jews whereever they found them. If it wasn't the Muslims who ended up protecting the Jews, our planet would all be Christians right now.

They saw how the Muslims lived, and in the end for them to "advance" they decided to seperate the teachings of Christianity from the state itself.

auroran

:salam2:

Akhi don't waste your time on that book. They are imaginative people who like to use their imagination when it comes to things they don't like so they turn Islaam into something bad, when it is really not. They make me angry but there is really nothing we can do with some people because they are idiots who don't want to listen and like their wrong idea of Islaam since it is detestable by every sane person. Also I think it's about Somali pirates.

Winston was some depressed guy. It looks like he's also a complete nut brain!

:salam2:

Wannabemuslim

Honestly i feel my emaan increase when i here people say hatful and bigoted things about islam, if this is how the people who hate islam act, then we can know that islam is a very nice religion.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
They love to say infidel and jihad. I have NEVER in my life heard a Muslim even say infidel, lol. Ignorant people are amusing.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
"Jihad" is a term that is badly misused in Western culture when talking about Islam. I know little Arabic right now, but I know that "jihad" just means "struggle" and not "holy war" like I've heard a lot of Western scholars say.

I had to cringe when I saw a YouTube video from a Christian pastor and he described a "jihad" as a "holy war".

alf2

Islam is a way of life
"Jihad" is a term that is badly misused in Western culture when talking about Islam. I know little Arabic right now, but I know that "jihad" just means "struggle" and not "holy war" like I've heard a lot of Western scholars say.

I had to cringe when I saw a YouTube video from a Christian pastor and he described a "jihad" as a "holy war".

YA ALLAH YES! They do it purposely to create fear.

abu_tamim

:wasalam:
While that is true, I do not believe that the efforts of modern authors to demonize Islam are based in ignorance. Rather, it is a part of a concerted effort to defame the faith and its adherents.

msmoorad

mommys boy
salaams to all

i also read quite a lot. i prefer thriller/crime/suspense novels.
when i happen to borrow a book from the library that looks promising, n i come home & discover that it is full of Islamophobia & hate speech against islam & muslims, i will never read the book.
its disturbing to see how they twist things around in these type of novels where they take the truth & twist it in such a way that muslims & islam are the bad guys & the kaafirs are innocent.
whats worse is when they have the gall to portray Israelis as the good guys.

i hope all of u understand that world mainstream media is over 95% zionist controlled.
this includes all the publishing houses which are based in London. they have offices around the world but their headquarters are in London.
in all my reading, ive never seen even one bestselling author cast zionists as the bad guys- otherwise u can bet he wont be a bestselling author anymore.
they know which side their bread is buttered.
but when it comes to Islam/muslims, they say anything they feel.
ive even written to some of these authors, telling them that NO muslim would ever say the things their muslim characters say- they never reply.
theres freedom of speech n expression when it comes to islam & muslims but not when it comes to jews & zionism.
those who speak the truth are labelled "conspiracy theorists"

and Allah ta'la knows best
jazakallah

abu_tamim

salaams to all

i also read quite a lot. i prefer thriller/crime/suspense novels.
when i happen to borrow a book from the library that looks promising, n i come home & discover that it is full of Islamophobia & hate speech against islam & muslims, i will never read the book.
its disturbing to see how they twist things around in these type of novels where they take the truth & twist it in such a way that muslims & islam are the bad guys & the kaafirs are innocent.
whats worse is when they have the gall to portray Israelis as the good guys.

i hope all of u understand that world mainstream media is over 95% zionist controlled.
this includes all the publishing houses which are based in London. they have offices around the world but their headquarters are in London.
in all my reading, ive never seen even one bestselling author cast zionists as the bad guys- otherwise u can bet he wont be a bestselling author anymore.
they know which side their bread is buttered.
but when it comes to Islam/muslims, they say anything they feel.
ive even written to some of these authors, telling them that NO muslim would ever say the things their muslim characters say- they never reply.
theres freedom of speech n expression when it comes to islam & muslims but not when it comes to jews & zionism.
those who speak the truth are labelled "conspiracy theorists"

and Allah ta'la knows best
jazakallah

I think we need some good Muslim authors who write nice, clean, 'halal' novels.
Unfortunately we seem to have only trash like Rushdie and Nasreen.

Wannabemuslim

I think we need some good Muslim authors who write nice, clean, 'halal' novels.
Unfortunately we seem to have only trash like Rushdie and Nasreen.

T
:salam2: Assalam alykum, the halal authors would never be permitted to sell there books as they are a threat to U.S security. I mean after all we need to remember these books would most likely be written by mozlamic peoples. now we cant have that can we. no we cant.

j/k, but it is kind of true, some people who have mental issues would go in an outrage about how muslims are taking over the world if there was just one muslim author. like the the theory of "stealth jihad" the idea that all muslims are pretending to be nice to convert america. Im serious just type stealth jihad on google, its scary how many idoits there are out there