Israeli MP threats to explode al-Aqsa mosque

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Sabri condemns Israeli MP's threats to the Aqsa Mosque
[ 05/08/2007 - 04:11 PM ]

OCCUPIED JERUSALEM, (PIC)-- Sheikh Ekrema Sabri, the head of the higher Islamic authority and the preacher of the Aqsa Mosque, has deplored the threats issued by Israeli MP David Rotem to bomb the Aqsa, warning of such "dangerous, racist" statements.

"The solution to the issue of Palestinian prisoners and Israeli soldiers is not obtained through violence or threats to destroy holy shrines," Sabri told PIC in a statement, asserting that Rotem's statements are "blasphemous."

Rotem had said two days ago in a press statement to a Hebrew newspaper that he was ready to put explosives under the Aqsa Mosque and erase it from existence if this act would guarantee him the release of the Israeli prisoners captured by Hamas and Hezbollah of Lebanon.

The Hebrew newspaper "Ma'ariv" had mentioned few days ago that Rotem is insistent on the bombing of the Aqsa Mosque in order to save the Israeli captives, confirming that if he committed this crime "the Palestinian and Lebanese factions would not dare kill any Israeli soldier."

http://www.palestine-info.com/en/de...O1vG4GxP9X7T20wCgm/F7b9som2HMxv9K2uRNbosmh7U=

abdallahbilal

Long Live Palestine
:salam2:
I don't think he dares. Doing such a stupid act, besides being impossible, will be a suicide in every sense of the word.

BGfromGB

Blow up?

Sabri condemns Israeli MP's threats to the Aqsa Mosque
[ 05/08/2007 - 04:11 PM ]

OCCUPIED JERUSALEM, (PIC)-- Sheikh Ekrema Sabri, the head of the higher Islamic authority and the preacher of the Aqsa Mosque, has deplored the threats issued by Israeli MP David Rotem to bomb the Aqsa, warning of such "dangerous, racist" statements.

"The solution to the issue of Palestinian prisoners and Israeli soldiers is not obtained through violence or threats to destroy holy shrines," Sabri told PIC in a statement, asserting that Rotem's statements are "blasphemous."

Rotem had said two days ago in a press statement to a Hebrew newspaper that he was ready to put explosives under the Aqsa Mosque and erase it from existence if this act would guarantee him the release of the Israeli prisoners captured by Hamas and Hezbollah of Lebanon.

The Hebrew newspaper "Ma'ariv" had mentioned few days ago that Rotem is insistent on the bombing of the Aqsa Mosque in order to save the Israeli captives, confirming that if he committed this crime "the Palestinian and Lebanese factions would not dare kill any Israeli soldier."

http://www.palestine-info.com/en/de...O1vG4GxP9X7T20wCgm/F7b9som2HMxv9K2uRNbosmh7U=
I was quite horrified to read about this thread. I googled this on the internet, but cannot find any info on this accusation. can you perhaps help?

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salaam alaykum;

Unfortunately his statement has published only in "Ma'ariv", what is only by hebrew language newspaper and I don´t understand hebrew. The source of PIC is the only I have. But as I know, this man is quite interested to blow up also everything else; like few days ago in YnetNews (israeli newspaper) was new about his idea to blow up also the Western Wall, what sounds a little strange idea to jew and a member of the right-wing party in Knesset (israeli parliament), "to save the live of one Israeli soldier".

Source to this new: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3433120,00.html

So if he likes to blow up the Western Wall, I don´t think he would cares a much also al-Aqsa.

:girl3:

BGfromGB

Ma'ariv

Salaam alaykum;

Unfortunately his statement has published only in "Ma'ariv", what is only by hebrew language newspaper and I don´t understand hebrew. The source of PIC is the only I have. But as I know, this man is quite interested to blow up also everything else; like few days ago in YnetNews (israeli newspaper) was new about his idea to blow up also the Western Wall, what sounds a little strange idea to jew and a member of the right-wing party in Knesset (israeli parliament), "to save the live of one Israeli soldier".

Source to this new: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3433120,00.html

So if he likes to blow up the Western Wall, I don´t think he would cares a much also al-Aqsa.

:girl3:
Thanks for that. However, I believe you have quoted him totally out of context in what he is trying to say. He, along with thousands of other citizens of that part of the world are hungry for peace.

I suggest to you that you read that report again.

At least i can breath a sigh of relief. That the holiest part of ancient Jewish history (only to be built over by a mosque) to be destroyed is beyond human comprehension. I can assure you that the entire Jewish community would also be there to "greet" him,

Given the context in which he made that statement, no wonder it did not make headlines either in Israel or even the western world for that matter.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salaam alaykum;

Hopely you are right but after so many attemps to destroy and to disgrace Al-Aqsa and parts of it, I am not very surprise that Palestinians as Sheikh Ekrema Sabri and many other religious leaders are worry about kind of comments, specially when many times israeli officers, like army and police have protected for example zionists settlers to disgrace mosque...

BGfromGB

Salaam alaykum;

Hopely you are right but after so many attemps to destroy and to disgrace Al-Aqsa and parts of it, I am not very surprise that Palestinians as Sheikh Ekrema Sabri and many other religious leaders are worry about kind of comments, specially when many times israeli officers, like army and police have protected for example zionists settlers to disgrace mosque...
That again is total pie in the sky. I don't believe for one second that there is even a hint of evidence that any attempt whatsoever has ever been made to destroy the mosque. remember that temple was twice destroyed, and the and one would expect the jews to avenge the wilful destruction of their temple. But no. They don't. They've made the best use of what is left.