Issues Regarding Ramadan and Women

shasha

Muslimah
Asalaam alaykum. :)

I have a question. It's for sisters but brothers are welcome to reply if they do know the answer. :)

Women of reproductive age group normally have their period with an interval of 21 to 35 days. So, this coming Ramadan, it is possible that a woman will have her period and that will break her fast. My question is: Can a woman fast in advance to make up for those days that she will not be able to fast?

Example: Instead of starting to fast when Ramadan officially begins, a woman will start to fast a week ahead. Is that accepted? Or should a woman really make up for it after Ramadan?

I hope those who will reply can give the basis of their answers as well.

Thanks!

Salaam :hearts:

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong

revert2007

Love Fishing
when u fast before ramadhan it is called sunnah fast.so it not the replacement of fasting and u dont know how many days ur period will be...some women do not have period at all during Ramadhan and they are able to fast for 30 days completely....so u just fast in ramadhan as usuall and replace the fasting later on before the next ramadhan.

shasha

Muslimah
Thanks so much for all who replied. :hijabi:

This is going to be my 1st Ramadan since I converted only less than four months ago. :tti_sister:

I am really excited. I want to do it the right way as much as I can. :)

So, to make up for those days that you weren't able fast, is there like a 'time limit.' I mean, you can only make up for those days withing 30 days after Eid al Fitr or something like that?

Salaam :hearts: