It's Time

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Make Allah subhana talla pour His Blessings upon you....may your path be filled with love and wisdom...

AmericanTeenager

Assalamu'alaikum

Allahu akbar!
May Allah strengthening your eeman (faith) in this deen (i.e.ISLAM)
You've just joined our boat that can drive us to Jannah (Paradise) Insha Allah.

Don't forget to recite this dikhr (remembrance of Allah) before you sleep:
-Allahu Akbar 34 times
-Subhanallah 33 times and
-Alhamdulillah 33 times

May Allah bless you brother

Thank you bro/sis (I'm horrible at telling online :lol:), I'll remember that. However, I would like to know what those three lines mean in English, or I'll feel like I'm just spitting out random Arabic words, and that's not exactly praying whole-heartedly :lol:

muslimummah

Just a brother
:salam2:

Word: Allahu Akbar
Meaning: Allahu Akbar means 'God is the Greatest', meaning that nothing can supersede God or be better than Him. It is a common phraze in Islam and it features in the adhan and prayer. Muslims tend to use it for lots of reasons and to express many emotions.
True Form: الله اكبر
Grammar: phraze; 2 words;

Word: Subhanallah
Meaning: Glory be to Allah (God).
True Form: سبحان الله

Word: Alhamdulillah
Meaning: Praise be to Allah. This phrase is said in thanks to God.
True Form: الحمد لله listen

saffanah

speak good or silent
I'm sorry...I thought you already know their meaning :)

Allahu Akbar:Allah is The Greatest

Alhamdulillah :All Praise be to Allah

Subhanallah: Glory be to Allah

Zaynab_A

Masha'Allah American Teenager :D

Great news!! I'm so happy for you and I hope that Allah makes your journey an easy one insha'Allah. You are very wise for a 17 year old by the way, masha'Allah

:hearts:

saffanah

speak good or silent
These are some other islamic terminology you may need to know:

a.s. - English abbreviation of the transliteration of the Arabic phrase, "Alayhi wa sallam"; meaning: The blessing of God be upon him (refer to all the Prophets)

(PBUH) - Peace be upon him.

s.a.w. - English abbreviation of the transliteration of the Arabic phrase, "Sallallahu alayhi wa sallam"; meaning: The peace and blessing of God be upon him. (refer to the Prophet Muhammad s.a.w)

(SWT) - English abbreviation of the transliteration of the Arabic phrase, "Subhannah wa t'ala"; meaning: Glory be to the Mighty God.

Alhamdulillah - English transliteration for the Arabic; meaning: All praise be to God.

Asalaamu 'alaikum - English transliteration for the Arabic; meaning: Peace be upon you.

Ashaddu an la illaha ilallah - English transliteration for the Arabic; meaning: I bear witness that there is no god worthy of worships except Allah.

Ashaddu anna Muhammadar Rasulullah - English transliteration for the Arabic; meaning: I bear witness that Muhammad is the [last] Messenger of God.

Allah - English transliteration for the Arabic; meaning: The One God. The God of Abraham (a.s.), Ishmael (a.s.), Isaac (a.s.), Jacob (a.s.) and all the Prophets and the entire Universe. The One God of all things created, visible and invisible. The One God who was not conceived nor begotten nor ever will be. He has no beginning and no end. The Almighty God of everything and everyone, who governs the righteous and the unrighteous. He is not like anything but unique.

Ayah - (or Ayat pl.) English transliteration for the Arabic; meaning: verse; as in chapter and "verse."

Dua' - English transliteration for the Arabic; meaning: Non-obligatory free form prayer or supplication that can be done by anyone at any time without rules and regulation pertaining.

Eid - English transliteration for the Arabic; meaning: holiday or celebration.

Fardh Kifaya - It is the Fard, that if performed by some (a sufficient number), the obligation falls from the rest. Example: A group of Muslim brothers meet another group on the way to the masjid. It is their duty to convey the 'Salaam' to the other, and so if "one" brother amongst them was to convey the 'Salaam' then insha'allah ta'ala the rest will be relieved of this duty.

Fardh 'Ayn - It is the Fard that is a compulsory duty on every single Muslim to perform, [just] like praying and fasting.

Fasiq - Muslim who is rebellion against Islam

Fatwah - English transliteration for the Arabic; meaning: ruling (as in, to make a ruling or judgment. Plural: Fatawah.

Hadith - English transliteration for the Arabic; meaning: The written collection of the teachings and sayings of the Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.), which are verified by authentic sources and compiled in reputable books of the collections of Hadith, such as in the books of Sahih Muslim or Sahih Bukhari, etc.

Hajj - Pilgrimage (i.e. to Makkah)

Halal - Permissible.

Haram - Forbidden.

Hijab - English transliteration of the Arabic; meaning: covering. Most commonly associated with the covering a woman wears but not particular to a woman. May, also, be used in the case of a man's modesty.

Imam - Typically any leader of Salat (formal prayer). In popular Islamic lingo, can also refer to scholar or leaders of a community.

Injeel - English transliteration for the Arabic; meaning: The original gospel given by God to Jesus (a.s.) which was lost by the last quarter of the first century. The gospel (Injeel) is not to be confused with the written stories of Jesus (a.s.) life that we see today in the Bible, but rather the sayings or teachings of Jesus when he was on earth.

Isa' - English transliteration of the Arabic; meaning: Jesus; i.e. Jesus the Messiah (Christ) son of Mary.

Islam - English transliteration of the Arabic; meaning : peace through submission of the will to the One true God.

Isma - Arabic word meaning" Infallible.

Jazaku Allahu Khair - (or Jazakallah khyrun) English transliteration for the Arabic; meaning: May God reward you for [the] good.

Jihad - English transliteration of the Arabic; meaning: struggle; as in to struggle against. Jihad can take on many forms. One can Jihad against the temptations in his/her heart. One can Jihad against the philosophies of a society through discourse. One can Jihad to protect their families against an invading army. Jihad does not initiate an attack in any of these three areas but is a defensive action.

Ka'aba - English transliteration for the Arabic; meaning: the cube-shaped stone building whose foundations were built by the angels and completed by Prophet Abraham (a.s.), and his son (Prophet Ishmael (a.s.)), in Makkah.

Kafir - Disbeliever who conceals the truth he knows intentionally.

khamr - English transliteration for the Arabic; meaning: intoxicant.

La illaha ilallah - English transliteration for the Arabic; meaning: There is no god except "the God."

La3na - A Curse. Such as, a curse on someone.

Madhab - English transliteration for the Arabic; meaning: "School of thought." Particularly in reference to the Madhab of Imams Shafi, Maliki, Hanbali or Hanafi.

Makruh - Detestible, hated, strongly discouraged.

Mashallah - English transliteration for the Arabic; meaning: God has willed it.

Masih - English transliteration of the Arabic; meaning: Messiah or Christ. Used in reference to Jesus (a.s.) son of Mary.

Masjid - A Muslim place of worship. Plural: Masajid. Known by people in the west incorrectly as a mosque.

Masum - Arabic word meaning: Sinless.

Mirtaad - A former Muslim who has both left Islam in faith and is actively working to destroy Islam or the Islamic community; ie Apostate.

Muslim - English transliteration of the Arabic; meaning: believer (i.e. believer in God). Also, the name of a book of the collections of Hadith, "Sahih Muslim."

Mustahab - Favorable or recommended.

Najas - Arabic; meaning: impure.

Niqab - Face veil worn by Muslim women as an extension of the hijab, which covers their face and sometimes eyes.

Riba - English transliteration for the Arabic; meaning: interest; as in interest on a loan, etc.

Ruh - English transliteration for the Arabic; meaning: spirit; Hebrew, Ruach.

Salah - (or Salat, pl.) English transliteration for the Arabic; meaning: "Peace, submission and prayer." It is the organized formal method of submitting to Allah in prayer. Particularly the obligatory second pillar of Islam which are the 5 daily prayers in Islam.

Sawm - Fasting. The forth pillar of Islam.

Shahaddah - First pillar of Islam. Ashaddu an la illaha ilallah wa ashaddu anna Muhammadar Rasulullah - English transliteration for the Arabic; meaning: I bear witness that there is no god except God, and I bear witness that Muhammad is the [last] Messenger of God.

Shirk - English transliteration for the Arabic; meaning: to ascribe partners to God in worship; to ascribe form to God who has no form; idol worship.

Subhanallah - English transliteration for the Arabic; meaning: Glory be to God.

Sunnah - English transliteration for the Arabic; meaning: The traditions and practices of the Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) that are not only recorded in the books of Sahih Muslim and Sahih Bukhari but have been in practice since the day of the Prophet (s.a.w.) until the present.

Surah - English transliteration for the Arabic; meaning: chapter; as in, "chapter" and verse.

Torah - English transliteration for the Hebrew; meaning: The Law; (i.e. the first five books of Moses (a.s.)); part of the Tanakh'.

Qur'an - English transliteration for the Arabic; meaning: The Reading; the collection into one book of the Revelations of God given to the Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) via the angel Gabriel; The Revelations memorized and written down by the Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) as taught to him by God through the angel Gabriel.

Ummah - English transliteration for the Arabic; meaning: All of the Muslims collectively.

Wa 'alaikum asalaam - English transliteration for the Arabic; meaning: And upon you be peace.

Zakat - Mandatory charity. The third pillar of Islam.

Zainudin Jaffar

Strive to be Mukmin

Congratulation brother!!!

I'm very happy for you, Allah has guided you, Allahu akbar, Allahu akbar

Thought I want to give you a bear hug but........... well include me and the rest of us in your dua inshaallah

Till we meet again wassalam

Almaas

SubhanAllah!

:tti_sister:

Welcome to Islam!!! :SMILY259:

May Allah (SWT) giude to to Jannah and may He help you in any difficulties you may face in life. Try to remember Allah (SWT) in everything, He loves those who turn to him.

All the best. :hearts:

happy_muslimah

Save Palestine..
Salaam alykum
Thats really exciting news to hear AMERICAN TEENAGER..WELCOME TO ISLAM,You are now part of the muslim community:) May Allah Guide you to the correct path..

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Allahu Akbar

:ma::ma: alhamdulilah(praise be to Allah) :SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206:to ISLAM. may Allah make u be :SMILY346: to ur KNEW faith ameen:tti_sister:

whishing u the best side of ISLMA:hearts:

shari

Brother
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركات

congratulations brother

May Allah Almighty help you with your faith

danyal_1992

Welcome this beautiful religion of peace form the Lord of All THE WORLDs.Make a habbit of reading the Quran daily and pounder on the ayat and strive hard to practice it in ur life.May Allah Guide U and Make ur Path Easy for u.Ameen Ya Rabulalameen
:wasalam:
:salah:

abouisra

SALAM

congradulation and my alah give you tawfik(succes)INTHIS LIFE AND PRADISE IN THE HEREAFTER AMIN YOUR NEW BROTHER IN ISLAM:shake::shake:

sandra canada

Laa ilaha illa Allah
Alrighti, as those of you who read my intro post know, I've had several questions about converting to Islam, all of which have been answered beautifully, even if I was unhappy with the results of some of them (read: music). But truth be told, as I was looking across this article (http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20158), and after reading it (and yes, the rest of the thread as well), I have decided that it's time to stop fooling and lying to myself and just do it. I just said my Shahadah in both Arabic and English, (because I probably completely butchered the Arabic pronunciation :lol:) and I am ready to begin my new path and life as a muslim.

Once again, thank you all to your support, I know this will be a great community for any questions I have later along the line, insha'Allah.

flowers5.gif

WELCOME TO ISLAM AmericanTeenager:hijabi:
congratulation I FEEL REALLY HAPPY FOR YOU
:shymuslima1:
Allah must love you for that he light up your life with the true relgion I FEEL HAPPY FOR YOU

:holaaa::holaaa::holaaa::SMILY34::SMILY34::SMILY34::SMILY259::tti_sister::shymuslima1:
Here is some verses from Quran i dedicate it to you"i cant find anything Most Precious than Allah words

الله نزل احسن الحديث كتابا متشابها مثاني تقشعر منه جلود الذين يخشون ربهم ثم تلين جلودهم وقلوبهم الى ذكر الله ذلك هدى الله يهدي به من يشاء ومن يضلل الله فما له من هاد

Allah hath (now) revealed the fairest of statements, a Scripture consistent, (wherein promises of reward are) paired (with threats of punishment), whereat doth creep the flesh of those who fear their Lord, so that their flesh and their hearts soften to Allah's reminder. Such is Allah's guidance, wherewith He guideth whom He will. And him whom Allah sendeth astray, for him there is no guide.

الم يان للذين امنوا ان تخشع قلوبهم لذكر الله وما نزل من الحق ولا يكونوا كالذين اوتوا الكتاب من قبل فطال عليهم الامد فقست قلوبهم وكثير منهم فاسقون

Is not the time ripe for the hearts of those who believe to submit to Allah's reminder and to the truth which is revealed, that they become not as those who received the scripture of old but the term was prolonged for them and so their hearts were hardened, and many of them are evil-livers

واذا سمعوا ما انزل الى الرسول ترى اعينهم تفيض من الدمع مما عرفوا من الحق يقولون ربنا امنا فاكتبنا مع الشاهدين

When they listen to that which hath been revealed unto the messengers, thou seest their eyes overflow with tears because of their recognition of the Truth. They say: Our Lord, we believe. Inscribe us as among the witnesses.

افمن شرح الله صدره للاسلام فهو على نور من ربه فويل للقاسية قلوبهم من ذكر الله اولئك في ضلال مبين

Is he whose bosom Allah hath expanded for Al-Islam, so that he followeth a light from his Lord, (as he who disbelieveth)? Then woe unto those whose hearts are hardened against remembrance of Allah. Such are in plain error.

ان الدين عند الله الاسلام وما اختلف الذين اوتوا الكتاب الا من بعد ما جاءهم العلم بغيا بينهم ومن يكفر بايات الله فان الله سريع الحساب

Lo! religion with Allah (is) the Surrender (to His Will and Guidance). Those who (formerly) received the Scripture differed only after knowledge came unto them, through transgression among themselves. Whoso disbelieveth the revelations of Allah (will find that) lo! Allah is swift at reckoning.

فمن يرد الله ان يهديه يشرح صدره للاسلام ومن يرد ان يضله يجعل صدره ضيقا حرجا كانما يصعد في السماء كذلك يجعل الله الرجس على الذين لا يؤمنون

And whomsoever it is Allah's will to guide, He expandeth his bosom unto the Surrender, and whomsoever it is His Will to send astray, He maketh his bosom close and narrow as if he were engaged in sheer ascent. Thus Allah layeth ignominy upon those who believe not

ربنا اننا سمعنا مناديا ينادي للايمان ان امنوا بربكم فامنا ربنا فاغفر لنا ذنوبنا وكفر عنا سيئاتنا وتوفنا مع الابرار

Our Lord! Lo! we have heard a crier calling unto Faith: "Believe ye in your Lord!" So we believed. Our Lord! Therefor forgive us our sins, and remit from us our evil deeds, and make us die the death of the righteous.

الذين امنوا وتطمئن قلوبهم بذكر الله الا بذكر الله تطمئن القلوب

Who have believed and whose hearts have rest in the remembrance of Allah. Verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest!

واذا سالك عبادي عني فاني قريب اجيب دعوة الداع اذا دعان فليستجيبوا لي وليؤمنوا بي لعلهم يرشدون

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright.

ان الذين امنوا والذين هادوا والنصارى والصابئين من امن بالله واليوم الاخر وعمل صالحا فلهم اجرهم عند ربهم ولا خوف عليهم ولا هم يحزنون
Lo! Those who believe (in that which is revealed unto thee, Muhammad), and those who are Jews, and Christians, and Sabaeans - whoever believeth in Allah and the Last Day and doeth right - surely their reward is with their Lord, and there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.

is actually an extremely simple process, without complication or prolongment. This is because it is something between a person and his/her Lord and there are no other parties involved. All that is required of a person in order to embrace Islam is that he or she pronounce the two testaments of belief in the Islamic creed, believing in their meaning, then to take a complete bath with the intention of (ritual) purification in order to start performing prayers (note to ensure complete cleanliness one should shave pubic and under-arm hair, and a man should be circumcized if he is not already--Islam places great emphasis on proper hygiene and personal cleanliness).

congrats_congratulation.jpg

As for the two testimonies of creed, the first is "ash-hadu an laa ilaaha illa allah" (I testify that there is no deity other then Allah), which means that one believes and confirms that there is nothing to be worshipped other than Allah and that one is prepared to implement His divine rulings and
[/color]guidlines (shari'a) for all aspects of life. The second is "ash-hadu anna muhammad ar-rasool ullah" which means the belief that Muhammad (peace be upon him) is the seal of the prophets (i.e. the final one), whom Allah has sent with the Islamic religion to supercede all other previous religions and that it is obligatory to comply with what he has enjoined, and to abstain and renounce all that he has prohibited and restrained.

"ash-hadu an laa ilaaha illa allah ash-hadu anna muhammad ar-rasool ullah "
(I dare witness that there is no deity other then Allah and i dare witness that Muhammed is the prophet of Allah and i dare witness that jesus is the prophet and slave of Allah