jehovahs witness

uk brother

saaam to all,my younger brother answered the door in the morning.he was suprised to see a christian preacher who was trying to hand him a booklet about paradise etc.he quickly told here that we weren't interested in reading any booklets.
i just thought id share this, because when i got up at the time i realised there was a group of these people in my area.they are very active within our communities.maybe they see a weakness or they insecure with there own faith.

i understand jehovas witnessess are a sect of christianity.what questions can i pose to them?they make me laugh, they read the bible like it is gods word, even though they realise whichever version they have carries many errors.some people will never be guided they are too blind.

ShaheedU

Extinct
Waalaikumassalam,

Bro, my friend was telling me that these people knocked on to his door and started preaching and whatnot, so then the 'witness', reads an ayat of Quran,

Surah Number: 107, Ayah Number: 4
So woe unto those performers of Salât (prayers) (hypocrites),

and he leaves it at that, trying to make muslims think they shouldnt be praying, but my friend wasnt stupid, he knew the rest,

Surah Number: 107, Ayah Number: 5
Who delay their Salât (prayer) from their stated fixed times,
Surah Number: 107, Ayah Number: 6
Those who do good deeds only to be seen (of men).

And so these people left from there, went next door and showed the ayah, told them the exact same thing! Bloody people!!! Beware of these kuffars!

Binte Tablighi

the other day this christian couple were handing out these booklets in URDU,which kind of shocked me.i mean,to what lengths will they go??
anyway in these booklets,were all these stories with ayas from the Qur'an and phrases from the bible mixed in.

Jihan

Non-Muslims are constantly trying to use the Quran against us. But if you already know the ayah the are referring you can use it against them. For instance, there was a Ahmed Deedat lecture and an arab christian stood up in the audience and he was like it says in the Quran itself that 'Isa (as) died and was brought back to life. The guy recited surah 19 ayah 33.Ahmed Deedat just recited it for him: "So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)"! And he just told him the day I die NOT the day that I died. FUTURE tense not pass tense!!! So Alhamdullilah as long as we're educated we'll get them.

apocalypse77

u remind me of the time christian missionaries came knocking at my my house door..at that time those christian missionaries tell my father "we are paid to spread GOD's message because God wants YOU to go to heaven"..hw got a feeling it must be from the pentecostal movements

and my father simply say "yeah but im not paid to listen to you"
after that he slam the door lol

i know this is kinda rude but thats sometihng about my dad that hasnt change..he tends to speak his mind =x

IbnAlAawam

MUSLIM GUIDE TO COUNTERING JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

The greatest menace to Muslim homes in the West

by Malik Ali

As a Muslim who lives in a Western country, I have come to realise that the greatest harassment comes from a Christian sect that numbers a mere 6-7 million; the Jehovah's Witnesses. The Muslims come across them so often for the very factor that they come knocking on their doors. The group was born in the U.S.A. (Like almost every other cult you might come across) and every weekend they come armed with their contrived New World Translation Bible and their Awake, Watchtower magazines; they'll come pounding on your doors. Yes, the lady and the gentleman who come dressed in business suits. No their not trying to sell you products, but "simply" to destroy your Iman in exchange for their humorous "The world is coming to an end" cult.

Many Muslims are aware of their failed past prophecies; but it's usually your word against theirs. The purpose of this page is to expose these cultist using their own tools. The following are scanned Photostats of the past magazines of Awake and the Watchtower. Articles that these cultists dread if any one was to come across; yet over the past decades they have been handing them out door to door, country to country. The Jehovah's Witnesses view the Islamic faith as satanic, they have written anti-Islamic materials and even travel to Muslim countries to try and witness (their euphemism for convert) to our brethren. Muslims have to understand that Christianity is not a monolithic rock, it comprises of innumerable sects that differ on almost every theological aspect of the Christian faith, and to defend yourselves against it you have to understand the nature of these offspring's. it is pointless arguing with a Jehovah's Witness that the Bible says this and says that. Trying to bring up contradictions, the humanity of Jesus (incidentally, they don't believe Jesus is God, but still acknowledge his divine sonship), etc. Their faith seems to belong in a man made organisation, the Watchtower in New York. They'll vehemently deny this; but ask them where all their magazines, Bibles, commentries, religious books and guides are printed. Their are many former Jehovah's Witnesses that have entered the fold of Islam (ironically, it starts from them having visited a Muslim home in order to witness). Although many are trained not to listen, you as a believer can only do your best, and leave the rest to Allah (swt). This page is meant mainly as a defense for Muslims, and not necessarily Dawah to them.

I recommend for Muslims who regularly come into contact with Jehovah's Witnesses, to print out the scanned Photostat articles following from the links below. Trust me, once you've shown them this. They'll give you a pathetic defense and stand their pretending their shocked, and most of them will never come to your houses again. It's difficult for someone to swallow their own past failures that now go against their dogma.

STEP BY STEP, WE BEGIN

STEP 1.
The book of Deuteronomy 18:20-22 sets a standard on how to judge if a Prophet is from God.

And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?
When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

Well, it's simple. This is a criteria that Muslims can also agree to, if a Prophet is from God, any Prophecy he makes should eventuate as claimed. This would be the sole ultimate proof of the Prophets genuineness. If the prophecies don't come to pass, then the so-called Prophet is a false Prophet. And hence he is not being guided by God at all, we shall not be afraid (respect) of them, let alone of what they teach. As you'll see, the Jehovah's Witnesses headquarters (the Watchtower in Brooklyn, New York) claims to be a body of Prophets as those sent to the peoples of the Biblical era.

STEP 2.

WHO GUIDES THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY?
Just incase they tell you they've always relied on human wisdom (or lack of it). You must show them that the Watchtower claims to be a Prophet of Jehovah (God). If they don't acknowledge it, then it is really pointless exposing to them the failed prophecy articles coming up. But they usually will confirm that the Watchtower organisation is indeed "inspired and guided" by God almighty.

WHAT DO THE WATCHTOWER MAGAZINES GLEAM WITH? "the scriptural and prophetic truths"

STEP 3.

WHAT WAS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN TO HUMANITY IN 1918? Take one big guess

WHAT WAS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN TO HUMANITY IN 1925
AND WHICH PROPHETS WERE SUPPOSED TO BE RESURRECTED?
Oops, I think our calculations were wrong

WHAT WAS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN IN 1975? and it wasn't Muhammad Ali's boxing victory against Joe Frazier

STEP 4.

LETTING THE CAT OUT OF THE BAG?
Who makes false prophecies?

You can now see the false nature of the Jehovah's Witnesses. According to the criteria set by God to Moses, the Jehovah's Witnesses are a false body. Not withstanding the religious factor, on a legal and material basis, they have duped thousands into doing ludicrous things prior to these expected prophecies; such as selling their property and cars at ridiculous cheap rates. After all, your not going to need your BMW, Benz and mansion in the hereafter.

THEIR BIBLE

But there's more, the same organisation that claims God guides and the Holy Spirit inspires their Awake and Watchtower
magazines. Published an article in 1957, entitled "50 000 Errors in the Bible" . Print the 2 pages out. Let the Jehovah's Witness read it, and their initial shock will subside and they'll most likely say (once the Holy Ghost has "inspired" him or her) "The article says most of the 50 000 errors have been corrected" (in their New World Translation.) Indeed that is what the article reads, but wait!
Ask them "If most of the errors have been corrected, how many remain; 5 000, 500, 50. Or even if 50 errors remained. Would you attribute those 50 errors to God"
They'll look shocked, scanning their eyes through the article. After some weak ums and buts, they'll usually come to two points in the end.

This is what you can likely expect; they'll ask you if they can take the article or the publication date in order to go to their
past archives and verify if its genuine. Be generous, and allow them to do so.

The next thing they'll say is that they will come with a senior member of their Kingdom Hall (Church) to discuss this issue. In other words they won't come again. And if you had given them the extract, without question they will not come again, (Probably thinking that it's the only copy you have). In all my encounters with them, they have never come back. Maybe you could be lucky..

For some reason, it's like they're programmed to come up with the same responses and postures. That's why I've found them to be very predictable; and you'll most likely too.

THE NAME JEHOVAH

In regards to the Name Jehovah, you can read Sheikh Ahmed Deedats book What is his name?. In the chapter under the heading Who is Jehovah?. An excellent essay I have come across is by Gerald Sigal,
THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY AND THE NAME OF GOD
located at the Jews for Judaism site. Yep, you're not alone, even our cousins are wary of these cultists. Another great essay by the same author has written
THE BEGINNING OF THE END OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES?
The thesis is about how Jehovah's Witnesses attempt to cover up their failed prophecies.

Both the essays above are brief and is a must read.

I have written up a page giving the names of Jehovah in many languages of the world. You'll be shocked, no the English speaking cultists have not settled for one name. They've allowed many nations and cultures around the world to distort the supposed name of God into various stylish names. Get this, the Japanese Jehovah's Witnesses pronounce the "divine name" as Ehoba. Well I guess the cult can claim to cater for all cultural tastes. Despite the fact that the Semitic peoples (Jews and Arabs) have always placed an emphasis on correct vocal pronunciation of any name or concept; especially the name of God Almighty.

STORIES OF CONVERTS

FROM THE WATCHTOWER TO THE MINARET

A story of a Jehovah's Witness who became a Muslim. Out of all the conversion stories I've ever read, this one has to be the most humorous of all.

:salam2:

zeneesha

~trini_muslimah~
I've had encounters with those people as well...
Usually I close my door, or my dad will tell them that we are muslims and we are not interested in what they have to say.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
:jazaak:

these people stick like flies! we even moved house and they still follow us...we just give them Qurans but then they start twisting the verses! mental.:confused:

apocalypse77

and to think greatest menace IMO are the christians from the Charismatic Movements

MUSLIM GUIDE TO COUNTERING JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

The greatest menace to Muslim homes in the West

by Malik Ali

As a Muslim who lives in a Western country, I have come to realise that the greatest harassment comes from a Christian sect that numbers a mere 6-7 million; the Jehovah's Witnesses. The Muslims come across them so often for the very factor that they come knocking on their doors. The group was born in the U.S.A. (Like almost every other cult you might come across) and every weekend they come armed with their contrived New World Translation Bible and their Awake, Watchtower magazines; they'll come pounding on your doors. Yes, the lady and the gentleman who come dressed in business suits. No their not trying to sell you products, but "simply" to destroy your Iman in exchange for their humorous "The world is coming to an end" cult.

justoneofmillion

assalamu aleikum, believe it or not one day one of these people knocked on my door i opened and he started saying things like" do you know god" and stuff like that i told him yes and that i was a muslim i promise you i turned my eyes may be 5 or ten seconds cause i had heard my little cousin calling me when i turned back to him the guy was not there anymore he desepeared so quick that i thought it was a ghost! and i laugh about it now everytime i remember it how that gehova witness was scared to death from the simple word muslim! it may be a little perverse but on that day it was useful to be scary by designation i guess!

wassalam

sindbad:lol:

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
thats cool! i wish theyd do that to me...they prefer talking to younger kids than ure parents cos they think ure less settled in the head when ure young.....theyre poisonous snakes!

Salaamalikum,

I'd love to have some of these people come knocking on my door, but they don't. Instead of them giving me a lecture, I give them the Islamic view- I clear their biases or any assumptions they have. I usually tell them why do you have to knock on people's doors just to spread your religion, why don't you lead by example, isn't that the greatest way to lead?

Once I had a couple of young ones -in their early 20's- try and come to talk to my friends and I, and they found we were Muslim. I asked them what is the purpose of your life? and how is this world a test for you? (which really isn't). I start with how life started when Allah subhana wa'tallah told the angels (who are obedient and have no free will) and Iblis (a jinn who has free will) failed to prostate and bow when Allah told them. I usually give them dawa at the end and ask Allah to guide them.

apocalypse77

from my expereince of sm of my non muslim friends who were buddhist, they complain to me that christians from the pentecostal movements kept on wanting to spread "the power of the holy spirit that lives within us all" to the non christians..and theyre very direct by pestering pple to convert "or you'll go to hell" which even to me i find it quite offensive as theyre using their emotions

i read in my friend's blog that his friend converted to christian while hes whole family were buddhists and when hes funerals as arrange the pastor loose his emotions and kept telling his family to "convert to christian ot they'll go to hell"..the decease parents were of course terribly irritated ..i mean trying to evangelise ur religion at a funeral..isnt that inappropriate?

well,thats sums up everytihng

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum UK brother,

Thanks for starting this thread. I've already learned quite a bit from reading the articles on this thread.

You said the following in post #1:

i understand jehovas witnessess are a sect of christianity.what questions can i pose to them?they make me laugh, they read the bible like it is gods word, even though they realise whichever version they have carries many errors.some people will never be guided they are too blind.

Please view the following video of Mr. J Nicholson [a Scottish man who holds a PhD degree in Theology from the University of Edinburgh]. He was a Jehovah's Witnesses Minister:

[yt]pezV-V-mI3s&eurl[/yt]

In his story, he says he stopped being a Jehovah's Witness for many years before accepting Islam. Still, I believe there's always a chance -even with Jehovah's Witnesses- that they'll revert to Islam.

Best regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum

Durriyyah

Forever Student

I had two young men come to my door and they asked me if they could teach me about their religion. I told them that I was Pagan (I was at the time) and I really wasn't interested. They told me thanks for my time and offered to take my garbage out for me! They actually were very nice... especially since the garbage is about 100 yards from my apartment. If they were to come now I might just let them in so I could try and teach them about Islam. :hearts:

:wasalam:

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

i have a personal problem with jehovah's witnesses. why? my oldest brother is a part of that cult. yes, it is a cult, they follow their leaders blindly. they aren't even allowed to associate with anyone not a member, even family. so sometimes my brother has to sneak to see me. at the end of every meeting he hands me a watchtower pamphlet to act as some sort of loophole to being able to see me. my 15 year old nephew has been home schooled for 13 years and has recently entered high school and he doesn't know how to react with people outside of jw environment. he'll go up to people and ask if they know jehovah etc.

they are very sneaky people, and brainwash people into this thing. even my brother is a sneaky person. the jw's hide a lot of stuff. my brother if they saw him with me, he could be put on one of their trials and excommunicated. even his wife and children would be forced to disassociate themselves from him. they'll ask you to visit the kingdom hall ( they never call it church ) but they'll never visit the mosque or christian church if you offered. they wont read the quran or traditional bibles. their leadership wont allow it. it is important to note that they in fact aren't christians. their leadership tells them they will be punished if they read outside material and that it's satanic. i could go on and on about this. because i am 26 years old and i've been dealing with this my whole life. i have never seen any organization that has such control over people before.

rastinny

Ok with all respect. I was a JW and like many have said I too went to people houses. However I never meant to be no harrassment to anybody as I really thought I was helping people to find out the truth about god. Of course i then didnt know what I know now but I know individual JW do not mean any harm to Muslims or any other people. They just really belief they have to save people. That might be wrong but their intentions are mostly good. They wont be the ones voting for Bush or sending their children to kill Muslims ad JW dont vote and dont join the army. Many have been killed or have been imprisond for those beliefs. I dont mean to defend them but I have learned as a child growing up as a JW to respect and love all humans regardless of their religion and thats why they come at your door. They do this out of good intentions, they dont get paid for it or anything like that. I never treat them rude or disrespectfull I have learned not to slam doors in peoples faces even if you dont agree with them. Maybe thats the only good I learned from them but I keep it. Please show love and respect to others even if they are wrong. It doesnt cost you anything.

amyaishazouaoui

I can say that I have never had any problem with these people. I used to work with some of them and they were fine. As for those who come knocking on my door, sometimes I do take their literature, kinda gives you a clue of where they are at!!
Once thi lady knocke on my door and didn't even try and convince me, she knew, but we just had a nice and pleasant conversation any way.

Here I go again....

Imagine have door after door after door slammed in ur face and people being rude. Then one door (nice happy smily muslim)gets opened and you get invited in for a cuppa tea. Have a little chat (one does not need to discuss religion), offer them some biscuits, ask them how they are and that the weather is nice....keep them off the subject, possibly show them what we have in common, be kind, wish them a good day and send the literature to the recycling after one has cut the interesting articles out for future reference!

The best dawah is in the action folks!!!!!!!!

:hijabi:

:wasalam: