Jesus and Mary Magdalene

rayray

Assalam Walaikum to all.

Muslims believes that Jesus was just a prophet. What then do they say about the theory that Jesus had an affair with Mary Magdalene?

Jazak Allahu khairan.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:,

brother, i think its not suitable to use words like *had an affair* for prophets (peace be upon them all). in Islam, there is no discussion about his (as) married life.

maybe she was his wife, maybe not. Allah knows best.

sis khadidja

proud to be muslim
:salam2: well i heard a lot about this but maybe she was his wife maybe not and there is nothing as <having an affair> in our deen. allah knows best:)

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Assalam Walaikum to all.

Muslims believes that Jesus was just a prophet. What then do they say about the theory that Jesus had an affair with Mary Magdalene?

Jazak Allahu khairan.

:salam2:
Dear rayray,

I don't know if you are a Muslim or not and I also don't know if you are a sister or not. Your Profile doesn't say much.

Regarding your question... I think we need to be very careful in talking about the Prophets of Allah. If you are a Christian then these days christans do not respect anyone... they say whatever they want. But I have to caution you regarding the respect we all should have and show for every Prophet of God Almighty.

Jesus (PBUH) will be here on this earth soon, on his second coming (atleast I believe it). You may ask this question to him at that time.
:wasalam:

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Walaykumsalaam sister rayray,

You should Surah Maryam which talks about the birth of Prophet Isa (alleihi salaam). We don't speculate about life of our prophets from myths, fables etc rather we stick to what has come from Allah Almighty in form of wahi or revelation.

Here is a nice lecture about life of Jesus in brief, if you are interested.

[yt]LP7RclmCMuM[/yt]

[yt]Hh4fVS4PcuM[/yt]

And also from Surah Maryam, baby Isa (alleihi salaam) speaks.

[Jesus] said, "Indeed, I am the servant of Allah . He has given me the Scripture and made me a prophet.

And He has made me blessed wherever I am and has enjoined upon me prayer and zakah as long as I remain alive

And [made me] dutiful to my mother, and He has not made me a wretched tyrant.

And peace is on me the day I was born and the day I will die and the day I am raised alive."

That is Jesus, the son of Mary - the word of truth about which they are in dispute.

It is not [befitting] for Allah to take a son; exalted is He! When He decrees an affair, He only says to it, "Be," and it is.

[Jesus said], "And indeed, Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him. That is a straight path."

[19:30] [19:36]

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
From what I know, Isa a.s. never married. It is said that he will do so after he returns to earth in the Final Days.

Muslims don't believe Isa a.s. was "just a prophet." Yes, he was a Prophet but he was also one of the four Messengers who received the Word of God (five if you count the Saheefah of Ibrahim a.s.).

As for Mary Magdalene, I don't know about her existence but nowhere in Islam do we believe that God's Chosen Prophet could ever commit such a heinous act so as to "have an affair" with any woman, let alone a prostitute. It's considered a huge sin to even suggest these things of them as they were the best examples for mankind to follow.

arzafar

from what i have read from islamic sources, Isa Masih (as) did not marry. However, once he returns, he will marry and have children and live a normal life and eventually die as per normal.

Dr.Khan

May I add that the Qur'an is a very special book, unlike any other! It does not have 5 cases of incest like the Bible, which is in my opinion, NOW an R-rated book.

Valerie

As for Mary Magdalene, I don't know about her existence but nowhere in Islam do we believe that God's Chosen Prophet could ever commit such a heinous act so as to "have an affair" with any woman, let alone a prostitute. It's considered a huge sin to even suggest these things of them as they were the best examples for mankind to follow.

I'd have to double check, but I don't think it was ever said in the bible that she was a prostitute. From what I've read, that particular accusation came from a sermon 1500 years ago (by Pope Gregory the Great?), when she was connected to other unnamed sinners in the bible.

Affair I can't speak about, as others have mentioned, but I really don't have a problem with the idea that he was married or had a family. I would hope everyone would have the chance to have that blessing, but many Christians that I've met really think that love between a husband and wife is a sin, something they can't believe Jesus would lower himself to.

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
I'd have to double check, but I don't think it was ever said in the bible that she was a prostitute. From what I've read, that particular accusation came from a sermon 1500 years ago (by Pope Gregory the Great?), when she was connected to other unnamed sinners in the bible.

Affair I can't speak about, as others have mentioned, but I really don't have a problem with the idea that he was married or had a family. I would hope everyone would have the chance to have that blessing, but many Christians that I've met really think that love between a husband and wife is a sin, something they can't believe Jesus would lower himself to.

Sister Valerie,
I really like the "?" in (by Pope Gregory the Great?) :lol:

I don't think that any Muslim would have any problem with the idea that Jesus (PBUH) was married (if this was a fact) or the idea that he could mary. Period.

Marriage is a good thing in Islam, nearly all the prophets of Allah were married. Adam (AS), Nuh (AS), Ibrahim (AS), Loot (AS), Ismail (AS) Ishaq (AS), Yaqoob (Jacob) (AS), Yousef (AS) , Musa (AS), Dawood (AS), Soleman (AS) etc. and the last prophet Mohammad (PBUH), they were all married and had children, as a matter of fact most of them had several wives. So we Muslims have no problems if Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene IF this was true. But if this was not true and there is no proof that this was true, then we shoukln't be saying it, because then this would be like accusation. And we should be very careful in launching accusations against anyone, let alone against a prophet of God. :astag:

And if some one suggests (accuses) that Jesus had an extra-marital relationship with Mary Magdalene then that will be a huge huge huge sin. :astag: :astag: :astag:

I think it is in Quran that when Jesus will return He will mary and will have children. Quran also says that by the time Jesus will die there will be no Jew or Christian left on this earth. Meaning all Jews and Christians will convert to Islam by the time Jesus (PBUH) will die after his second coming, when Jesus will rule on the whole earth for nearly 40 years.

Valerie

Sister Valerie,
I really like the "?" in (by Pope Gregory the Great?) :lol:

And if some one suggests (accuses) that Jesus had an extra-marital relationship with Mary Magdalene then that will be a huge huge huge sin. :astag: :astag: :astag:

I looked it up, but it was on wikipedia, so we know how accurate that is, so that's why I put the "?" in there ;) hehe

I totally understand about the extra-marital relationship part. I know that the Da Vinci Code brought up the idea of marriage between the two, that's why I just addressed that part :) I figured if I said the part about the affair, I'd just be repeating those who are far more educated on Muslim beliefs than I am :) Just giving my opinion on the marriage part :)

mabera

Not just a prophet

1st. We muslim believe Jesus to one of the five creatures, that have the highest position in the side of the creator(i.e أُوْلُوا الْعَزْمِ مِنَ الرُّسُلِ meaning apostles of inflexible purpose;)and Allah says

33:7 And remember We took from the prophets their covenant: As (We did) from thee(referring to Muhammad pbuh): from Noah, Abraham, Moses, and Jesus the son of Mary: We took from them a solemn covenant:

2nd. We believe him to be Word of God, spirit God and also Messenger of God.
Allah says

4:171 O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was an apostle of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His apostles. Say not "Trinity" : desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah. Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs.

Being a prophet/massenger of Allah is the highest rank and favour of Allah on his creatures so is not just

May Allah guide us and protect us Amiin :astag:

a_stranger

:salam2: brothers and sisters:

I think in Quran and Sunna we find all the important usefull facts and stories ....if such thing happened and if it is of importance Allah sobhanahu wa taala would tells us or tell his prophet salla Allah alaihi wa sallm : the most important facts we have to grasp are :

Prophet Issa peace be upon him was a salve (sevant) of Allah .Allah has vouchsafed unto him revelation and made him a prophet

He was blessed wherever he was ; and he preformed prayers and give charity through his life.

Allah [has endowed him with] piety towards his mother; and He was not haughty or bereft of grace.

khir al-syazwan

Salam. firstly sorry for my english. im not really good with it.

I know this thread was dead for too long. however there was something i wanna show to my brothers and sisters

"وَلَقَدْ أَرْسَلْنَا رُسُلا مِنْ قَبْلِكَ وَجَعَلْنَا لَهُمْ أَزْوَاجًا وَذُرِّيَّةً وَمَا كَانَ لِرَسُولٍ أَنْ يَأْتِيَ بِآيَةٍ إِلا بِإِذْنِ اللَّهِ لِكُلِّ أَجَلٍ كِتَابٌ"

: "And We have already sent messengers before you and assigned to them wives and descendants. And it was not for a messenger to come with a sign except by permission of Allah . For every term is a decree"

we cant say for sure if Jesus really married or not. however, there is no harm for a Muslim to believe Jesus (PBUH) as a husband and even Father to his daughter.

why do we believe Jesus never married? because thats what our Christian friend told us. Why do we believe Mary Magdalene is a prostitute? because thats what the Bible said (according to them).

my question is, must we buy everything what Christian said about Jesus and Mary Magdalene?

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
Holy crap, that was some serious thread necromancy...

thread-necromancy-thread-

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Off topic for a minute.

Asalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baarakatuh,

I thought sister Rayray was back.

Wa'alaykummusalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

I hope she was. I sent her a few messages a while ago but she did not reply. Been a while since I last talked to her.

Just hope that she is still strong in her faith under Allaah's Blessings [because it is hard to at her place].