Jew but at the same time not a Jew

Musulmanin

:salam2:

I'm just curious how many people know that one can be a Jew, but not a Jew at the same time?

I mean, I've come across some people who don't understand these.

Many great prophets of God were Jews ( May Allah send His blessing upon them).

But these prophets were Jews by ethnicity, not RELIGION. They were all Muslim preaching Oneness of God.

These might sound very basic to some Muslims, but there are some who make pretty ignorant remarks about Jews forgetting that there are some reverts/converts to Islam who are Jews by ethnicity but became Muslims.

Also, there are many Jews who are Jews by religion and still stand up for Muslims. There are Jews in palestine who help muslims.

Brothers and Sisters please don't be ignorant in your posts or speaches.

Don't let anger blind you and lead you astray :astag:.

Peace be with all of you.

I hope I did not offend anyone.

:wasalam:

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
Jazakallah khair brother for mentioning this important point ...

waaleikum salam

butterflymuslima

Thank You!

Salam, I tell everyone I meet that I am Jewish by birth and Muslim because Allah guides who he will! I have Jewish family members in Israel that are in the army only because if they do not serve their term their citizenship will be revoked! They don't know what to do because they don't want to have to leave their families. We have got to realize this is a politically motivated zionest movement not necessarily a Jewish war!! Most "real" Jews realize Arabs are their brothers. I make dua for both sides to come through this test with a better understanding of what Allah requires from us as humans.

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

In Islam we have been taught by Allah never to judge people according to their ethnicity. Piety is the standard of Islam. Muslims are all brothers and sisters in Islam despite any ethnicity they belong to. Looking at people according to their race is a very odious habit that used to prevail in the era before Islam.

The light of Islam eradicated all those odious habits and gathered all Muslims all around the Earth under the shade of brotherhood in Islam.

However, this should make us differentiate between Judism as an ethnicity and that ominous Zionism that hides its evil and digusting face under the veil of Judism.

The Zionists have no religion. They are the most oppressive and corruptive people on the face of Earth. There is NO any slackness with Zionism and it is our deadly enemy.

All praise be to Allah that He gave us glad tiding that we will clean the face of Earth from those oppressors very soon as their horrible end became so imminent inshaa Allah.

(31) Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established until you fight with the jews, and the stone behind which a Jew will be hiding will say. "O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, so kill him." (Book #52, Hadith #177)

Salam, I tell everyone I meet that I am Jewish by birth and Muslim because Allah guides who he will! I have Jewish family members in Israel that are in the army only because if they do not serve their term their citizenship will be revoked! They don't know what to do because they don't want to have to leave their families. We have got to realize this is a politically motivated zionest movement not necessarily a Jewish war!! Most "real" Jews realize Arabs are their brothers. I make dua for both sides to come through this test with a better understanding of what Allah requires from us as humans.

Salaam,

Mashallah! I wish more Americans would read your story because they only know what CNN & FOX tells them. I pray for you and your family dear sister. What are the consequeces if their citizenship is revoked?

May Allah swt destroy evil, propaganda & mischief on earth.

pcozzy

In Islam we have been taught by Allah never to judge people according to their ethnicity. Piety is the standard of Islam. Muslims are all brothers and sisters in Islam despite any ethnicity they belong to. Looking at people according to their race is a very odious habit that used to prevail in the era before Islam.

The light of Islam eradicated all those odious habits and gathered all Muslims all around the Earth under the shade of brotherhood in Islam.

However, this should make us differentiate between Judism as an ethnicity and that ominous Zionism that hides its evil and digusting face under the veil of Judism.

The Zionists have no religion. They are the most oppressive and corruptive people on the face of Earth. There is NO any slackness with Zionism and it is our deadly enemy.

All praise be to Allah that He gave us glad tiding that we will clean the face of Earth from those oppressors very soon as their horrible end became so imminent inshaa Allah.

(31) Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established until you fight with the jews, and the stone behind which a Jew will be hiding will say. "O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, so kill him." (Book #52, Hadith #177)

This is true Zionist not only have no religion, but they are the ones responsible for gay marriages:astag:. They are the ones damaging Mosques, doing harm to the believers. There was one recently on al jazeera that mentioned Hamas was terrorist organization that makes women wear hijaab. As if that is the reason that Israel is killing innocent muslims in Gaza. They are currupting the entire world with their ways. However, remember the majority of zionists are of yahuda decent. But that should not make all yuhuda Zionist.

Lastly, we should abstain from implicating people by giving false statements after all as a muslim we must state the truth always.

Sahih Muslim #1364
Narrated AbuHurayrah

Allah's Apostle (peace be upon him) said: The Last Hour would not come unless the Muslims will fight against the Jews and the Muslims would kill them until the Jews would hide themselves behind a stone or a tree and a stone or a tree would say: Muslim, or the servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me; come and kill him; but the tree Gharqad would not say, for it is the tree of the Jews.

It is funny and maybe coincidence, how I heard that in Israel they have been planting a lot of this tree, lately. They may believe in our hadith but not the message. :hawla:

Qur'an&Sunnah

Traveler

I think what you mean is that some people are hebrew, but does not follow Judaism. They are called Jews because they follow Judaism. Some of the Prophets of Allah were not name Jews because they didn't follow Judaism, but we call them hebrew. Jesus was Hebrew, and so was Musa (AS) and so on. So you could be a Hebrew Muslim like Saffiyya bint Huyaay (the wife of The Prophet Muhammad (SAW)). She was of Hebrew descent but she was Muslim. I hope you understand Insha'Allah.

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

Jazak Allah khairan brother Ayman for this very good explanation. I did felt the same confusion when I first read this thread. That is why I found it important to differntiate between Jew and Zionist.

ShyHijabi

So out of curiousity..what ethnicity does a former Jew give when asked? Hebrew? Semite? It's very easy for people to tell you what should and should not refer yourself as when you can say you're Indian/Pakistani/Arab/etc., when asked about your ethnic background.

pcozzy

Yahawda, Jew, Israelites, are of the descendants of Abraham. Arabs are also descendants of Abraham. Although jew is refered to a religion judaism, when one mentions Jew they are refering to those children of Abraham-Isac-Jacob. That is what I understood, maybe the term is used differently now a days.

Munawar

Striving for Paradise

First of all the prophets like Joseph, Moses, David, Soloman etc were not Jews. They were all Muslim and were called Bani-Israel i.e. children of Israel. Then their descendents became Jews when they settled in Judia and started calling themselves as Jews.

Sister butterflymuslima is right that this war is a Zionist war. Many people do think that Zionists sect is an old sect of Jews. It is not true, Zionists came into being in 1890s after some of the Jews realized that Muslims are losing power in the world and Europeans are taking control of all lands. So they made a deal with the people who really run the west... Freemason and Illuminatis. And thus the Zionist movement came into being and then they started working on projects like how to create Israel and how to destroy Muslim countries. And this war is one part of that project.

Real Jews do not believe in this Israel. According to Torah the true Israel will be created by the Massiah himself. So how can this be a real Israel... this is like creating a child before his mother.

There are websites like these where Jews explain that they are not Zionists:
http://nkusa.org/ and http://www.jewsnotzionists.org/

So real Jews are not Zionists.

Musulmanin

Thank you all for your posts. May Allah spread the knowledge among us and protect us from ignorance.

Wasalam

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

i'm just curious, what is the purpose of this thread? i think that we shouldn't label people that which that they don't identify themselves as. my point is, that the majority of us here at TTI aren't Jews so let's not say what or who a Jew truly is. let Jews identify themselves as they wish; because none of us want anyone to tell us who we are.