JORDANIAN WOMAN ATTACKS HARASSERS

IbnAlAawam

JORDANIAN WOMAN ATTACKS HARASSERS

from The Associated Press

AMMAN, Jordan Sept. 22 - All that was missing was the Wonder Woman costume.

Witnesses say a Jordanian woman ripped off her enveloping black cloak and veil to reveal a traditional long dress that was nearly as enveloping and punched and kicked into submission three young men who had been verbally harassing her.

The official Petra News Agency reported Sunday that shopkeepers and passers-by believe the unidentified woman must have had martial arts training. In Friday's incident on the main street in Zarqa 13 miles north Amman, the three men were too shocked to react at first and ended up knocked to the ground, screaming in pain. They then scrambled up and fled.

The woman quoted the title of a song made famous by the late Egyptian star Umm Kalthoum "patience has its limits" before continuing on her way as a crowd cheered her.

Petra quoted witnesses as saying the three men had regularly directed obscenities at the woman as she walked in the area. It was not clear if they harassed other women as well.

:ma:

:fighta: :jumpclap:

vironchopin

Good news for women in case being harrassed. Good Work sisters...you make an example. This Ramadhan we muslimin and muslimat should not be weakened physically and spiritually.

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq
:salam2:

Sweeeet...Insha Allah I want to use my judo chop one day :D Beware us Muslimahs we keep num chucks and ninja stars underneath our abaya lol.

:wasalam:

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq
hehehe

goo ninjabi lol

I need to take a self defense class of some sort, inshallah :)

Lol!! ninjabi :p

Yay I would love to take a self defense class but majority of classes here are taught by men or too many men in class.

I need my bro back because he would teach me wrestling moves lol. I know how to do a good headlock and a good biter lol:D Just have to look at my bros arms from over the years :p

Or like my mom says if I had an attacker I could just talk them to death because I talk too much lol.

Lol!! ninjabi :p

Yay I would love to take a self defense class but majority of classes here are taught by men or too many men in class.

I need my bro back because he would teach me wrestling moves lol. I know how to do a good headlock and a good biter lol:D Just have to look at my bros arms from over the years :p

wow mashallah you have got some moves gurly :p

same here most self defence classes are taught by men :(

I would love to learn some basic moves such as blocks, strikes and punches, defend myself against people who tend to pull my hijabs[May Allah forbid]...nothing major lol In scary situations I'm most likely to faint, so i dont think my martial arts techniques will do me any good :p

I'll stick to the homemade pepper spray in the mean time hehe

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq
wow mashallah you have got some moves gurly :p

same here most self defence classes are taught by men :(

I would love to learn some basic moves such as blocks, strikes and punches, defend myself against people who tend to pull my hijabs[May Allah forbid]...nothing major lol In scary situations I'm most likely to faint, so i dont think my martial arts techniques will do me any good :p

I'll stick to the homemade pepper spray in the mean time hehe

Ohhh thatt would be cool breaking blocks but I would injure a nail j/k...
Hmm homemade pepper spray..never thought about making that..Is it just cayenne (red pepper) in water?

I think I watched too much Karate Kid with Mr. Miyagi (sp?)

My dad wanted to get me a taser but those things are heavy and would take up all the space in my satchel lol.

Ohhh thatt would be cool breaking blocks but I would injure a nail j/k...
Hmm homemade pepper spray..never thought about making that..Is it just cayenne (red pepper) in water?

I think I watched too much Karate Kid with Mr. Miyagi (sp?)

My dad wanted to get me a taser but those things are heavy and would take up all the space in my satchel lol.

LOL @ breakig your nail :p

Yeh it's basically made of cayenne pepper extract, is not harmful just a lot more painful. I remember once I accidentally rubbed my eyes after cutting hot peppers,...It hurt really bad!!!!

Oh yeah Mr Miyagi from The Karate Kid hehe isnt he the most popular dude in martial arts :D...Why in the world would your dad wanna buy you a taser *ouch* that thing is simply torture..:girl3: