Just started practicing Islam

rehan zia

AssalamOalaikum Brothers and Sisters

My name is Rehan Zia. I am from Pakistan. Although I was born as a muslim but Islam was only limited to my muslim name for the initial 23 years of my life. Then one day I listened to surah fajr (with translation) and started weeping. Then one of my friend gave me the CDs of Quran explanation by Dr Israr Ahmed. After listening to surah baqarah, I finally decided to start practicing Islam in its true spirit.
Well! when I told this to my parents they became annoyed, my fiancé also resisted it. There was a time when my father practically kicked me out of our house for my leaving all those events and practices which are against Islam. The place where I work is also constantly giving threats of expulsion as I do not join and criticize the procedures and practices of my organization which are clearly against Quran and Prophet's teachings.

Now I am married to the same fiancé and have one son. My wife has finally understood that I will not come back to my previous life as a non-practicing muslim.
I have felt that from a particular point of view, truning to a practicing muslim in a muslim country has become a tough job nowadays. It is because when you start practicing Islam in a so called muslim country, you are confronted with born non-practicing muslims. When you stop doing something that is a common practice in the society but is against Allah's orders, then your parents, family members and people in the work place criticize you and say that we are also muslims and we have been doing this since ages.

Anyways, I have visited this site and loved to see all new brothers and sisters entering Islam. I would love to have a good friend who has reverted to Islam so that after being left alone in my society I am able to build bonds with my real muslim brothers and sisters.

May Allah bless us with His total obedience in all aspects of life and that may we put our best in struggling for the establishment of the Only just socio-politico-economic system (Deen-e-Islam) in order to fullfil the Prophethood of Muhammad (SAW)

Rehan

hana*

welcome to the forum and may Allah reward you for continuing in striving to practice Islam in such a difficult situation. you now have a big responsibility on youre shoulders by teaching non-practicing muslims in youre country about islam, it can even be youre closest relatives and you will be rewarded immensley.

i totally agree with you about reverts/converts- mashaAllah, they make amazing Muslims and actually, we as born Muslims should be ashamed because these reverts/converts strive so much, may Allah reward them immensley.

i just wanted to add that youre situation is happening all over the world, but we can make a difference by setting an example to both muslims and non-muslims as to the real beauty of Islam.

:wasalam:

BinteShafi

Left long ago
Asslam u Alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu brother,

Jazak Allahu Khayra for sharing your experience with us. SubhanAllah ...people are coming back to Islam...our hopes and aspirations are very much postive and we put our absolute trust in Allah Subhana Wat'ala.

May Allah help us all to learn, practice, and then get our families and friends to practice this religion of Allah Ameen.

Welcome to the forums brother.

Brother Jishad..welcome to TTI

:wasalam:

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
AssalamOalaikum Brothers and Sisters

My name is Rehan Zia. I am from Pakistan. Although I was born as a muslim but Islam was only limited to my muslim name for the initial 23 years of my life. Then one day I listened to surah fajr (with translation) and started weeping. Then one of my friend gave me the CDs of Quran explanation by Dr Israr Ahmed. After listening to surah baqarah, I finally decided to start practicing Islam in its true spirit.
Well! when I told this to my parents they became annoyed, my fiancé also resisted it. There was a time when my father practically kicked me out of our house for my leaving all those events and practices which are against Islam. The place where I work is also constantly giving threats of expulsion as I do not join and criticize the procedures and practices of my organization which are clearly against Quran and Prophet's teachings.

Now I am married to the same fiancé and have one son. My wife has finally understood that I will not come back to my previous life as a non-practicing muslim.
I have felt that from a particular point of view, truning to a practicing muslim in a muslim country has become a tough job nowadays. It is because when you start practicing Islam in a so called muslim country, you are confronted with born non-practicing muslims. When you stop doing something that is a common practice in the society but is against Allah's orders, then your parents, family members and people in the work place criticize you and say that we are also muslims and we have been doing this since ages.

Anyways, I have visited this site and loved to see all new brothers and sisters entering Islam. I would love to have a good friend who has reverted to Islam so that after being left alone in my society I am able to build bonds with my real muslim brothers and sisters.

May Allah bless us with His total obedience in all aspects of life and that may we put our best in struggling for the establishment of the Only just socio-politico-economic system (Deen-e-Islam) in order to fullfil the Prophethood of Muhammad (SAW)

Rehan

:salam2:

Mashallah brother :) i am very happy for you and this is wonderful news.
I also belong from a Pakistani background and i experienced the same things, in our islamic society as long as u stay within the cultural circle you are fine but as soon as you try to point out the mistakes the bidah that is commited you are treated as an outcast in your own society and even in your house hold.
Brother, i cant tell you that the road gets easy, but you know what it doesn't matter we should be happy Alhumdulilah the way we are, what i have learned it you can please everyone and you should not be trying to, only make connections with your rab, the rabil Alameen (lord of the worlds), others dont matter just observe their rights set by Allah (swt).
Inshallah may Allah (swt) make your children leaders in islam and very pious - ameen and make ur wife very pious - ameen

:) duaon mein yad rakhna bhai
:salam2:

rehan zia

thanx for you replay!

I totally agree with you. Allah Almighty has helped me at every step and in every moment of my life.

Well! by the grace of Allah I managed to join a one year course of 'Biyan-ul-Quran' at Quran academy headed by Dr Israr Ahmed, then I went through another 1 year course of 'understanding Quran in the light of Prophet's SAW struggle' and now I am working on learning '40 hadits of Navavi' through a 6 months course. I pray that may Allah help me learn more and more and act as the Prophet SAW did.

My son is 3 years old now and mashAllah he has memorized surah fatiha, surah tariq, first 6 verses of surah yaseen, surah ikhlaas, and almost 6 duas of quran and the Prophet SAW. I believe that it is all the blessing of Allah Almighty.

I thank all of you for your prayers and pray for all of you for every good by Allah's blessings.

rehan

rehan zia

thank you dear

thanx for you replay!

I totally agree with you. Allah Almighty has helped me at every step and in every moment of my life.

Well! by the grace of Allah I managed to join a one year course of 'Biyan-ul-Quran' at Quran academy headed by Dr Israr Ahmed, then I went through another 1 year course of 'understanding Quran in the light of Prophet's SAW struggle' and now I am working on learning '40 hadits of Navavi' through a 6 months course. I pray that may Allah help me learn more and more and act as the Prophet SAW did.

My son is 3 years old now and mashAllah he has memorized surah fatiha, surah tariq, first 6 verses of surah yaseen, surah ikhlaas, and almost 6 duas of quran and the Prophet SAW. I believe that it is all the blessing of Allah Almighty.

I thank all of you for your prayers and pray for all of you for every good by Allah's blessings.

rehan

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
AsalamAlakum,

Welcome to TTI

It’s nice to have u join this lovely community.

Insha Allah u benefit from us as we from u.

Enjoy ur stay Insha Allah,

Take Care,