Just To Clarify

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
:salam2:

Recently I have been getting some really ridiculous questions posed to me in my PM box. At first I was like ok, then it got a little annoying. So just to clarify a few things :
#1 no my cat was not named after a HIndu god, she's a calico, which is a breed of cat, so I named her cali. Yes I know not very origional but I got her 7 yrs ago.

#2 no I am not a Sufi. Just because I don't demean and turn my nose up at other sects does not mean I'm a part of one. I am JUST A MUSLIM, that it!!

#3 No I am not Shia, for explanation look above.

Ok now everyone knows :)

:wasalam:

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
did people really ask you that about your cat???

You can see from the spelling that you made the name from the breed! lol

By the way your cat is soooo cute! He looks very cuddly! Are you taking him to Syria with you?

loool
people asking about that cat?
And they have problem with the name of this cat?
wooow
they are really carefull also about these topics.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
did people really ask you that about your cat???

You can see from the spelling that you made the name from the breed! lol

By the way your cat is soooo cute! He looks very cuddly! Are you taking him to Syria with you?

Salam :)
yes someone really asked me that.

Thanks!! Actually Cali is staying here with my 2 other kitties. I wish I could take her, but my mom's going to watch them while we;re gone. I'll miss them so much, they're my babies :)

Asalaamalikum,

I didn't even know that was a cat....I thought I was seeing a carpet/rug...excuse my shriveled raisin eyes b/c I sit in front of the computer all day at work.

I thought Cali had to do something with California...boy was I wrong

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum

***EDITING MY MESSAGE*****

Nothing to do with you, Sister Jabba...I am just seriously MAD at the whole world for the last few days!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Sister I just keep getting my threads deleted. I am happy to get a PM...now please explain to me why a thread on marriage would be deleted.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
Asslamo Allaikum

***EDITING MY MESSAGE*****

Nothing to do with you, Sister Jabba...I am just seriously MAD at the whole world for the last few days!

Wailkum Salam

Don't worry brother we all go through stuff like that, I think I just got out of it myself, inshAllah thinks will look better soon

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
Salaam,

Sister I just keep getting my threads deleted. I am happy to get a PM...now please explain to me why a thread on marriage would be deleted.

I hear you!! I must have posted at least 5 things since I joined in which I have never gotten an explanation. There was also a post entitled "becareful who you call a Kaffir" that another sister here posted and it mysterously vanished, even though it was an amazing post and carried verses from the Quran...hmm crazy. If you don't have time to tell people why they can't post certain things then well maybe you just shouldn't be a moderator...hmmm.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

We learn by mistakes. You and I often do not agree on many an issue. However, we are accepting of the other. We are in very different stages in our lives. Yet, we remain strong as sisters. I value that.
I believe we need to extend that wave of communication to all TTI members. I have often stated if we can not openly discuss issues that concern us where are we to go?
I appreciate that TTI has a standard. Often, it is sad to see a discussion closed just as we are on the verge of understanding.
It is boring to respond to hijab issues all day long..we are human. I am not adversial but if my threads keeping getting deleted I would have no choice but to find a forum that would be more open to my ideas.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
It is boring to respond to hijab issues all day long..we are human. I am not adversial but if my threads keeping getting deleted I would have no choice but to find a forum that would be more open to my ideas.

Lol yes this forum is one big hijab issue, we all need support in this...well I do, but theres such a thing as overkill. Don't worry sis I understand, I;ve been to a few other forums and have always had some sort of dislike with them. If something is really bugging you just PM mabsoot.

Salaam,

We learn by mistakes. You and I often do not agree on many an issue. However, we are accepting of the other. We are in very different stages in our lives. Yet, we remain strong as sisters. I value that.
I believe we need to extend that wave of communication to all TTI members. I have often stated if we can not openly discuss issues that concern us where are we to go?
I appreciate that TTI has a standard. Often, it is sad to see a discussion closed just as we are on the verge of understanding.

Salaamalikum,

I agree with you sister, some threads get deleted or closed way too fast. We don't even answer the persons questions, see if their are follow-up questions, or even let old/new members even get a chance to share their knowledge.

P.S. I actually look forward to your threads :)

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah

looks like this is a good thread about complains. I also want to join in and express my dissatisfaction with the deletion of posts without any sort of feedback.
if this trend continues, TTI will lose its place as a favourite website. hopefully that will not happen.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Salaam,

I agree to that Aapa. Most importantly we need to accept each other so that we can share the love of Allah Subhanahu wa Taala. Unity is one big thing which the Ummah lacks at the moment. We need to start looking from the micro level then only we can move to macro level.
wa/salam

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaikum wa rahamtullahi wabrakatuhu

Sister jabba, there are weird people all over so just ignore such messages. I personally know hindus and their culture but I never imagined that some people would ask the name of your cat to be a hindu one or question whether you are shia or a sufi. Some people just want to create issues out of nothing.

These things are just out of ignorance. People think they know too much but instead they are wrong in their own matters. We need to check recheck ourselves each and everytime lest we commit mistakes out of ignorance.
I hope I did not offend you in anyway throughout.
wa/salam

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AssalaamuAlaikum,

I think sister Jabba does not know how precious she is that people care about her. Otherwise look at me, nobody gives a damn about what name I give to my cat (which I dont have) and whatever I mumble in this forum. :D

Wassalaam

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
Salaam,

WaAlaikumussalaam,

Thread about marriage deleted?
Are the moderators at this site insane or I am a wacko?

You talk about any practical issue on this site and the moderators get horrified for life. OH MY GOD, A thread on the issue of marraige? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, Delete, Delete, Finish it. Allah uAkbar. Kaboooooooooom, Bomb them.

Wassalam

Globalpeace

Banned
TTI & Saudi Connection!

Asslamo Allaikum,

I told Br Mabsoot a long time ago to delete any posts that he likes of mine; although deleting a news item about Saudi Arabia from Reuters is a bit of an over-reaction in my opinion when all I had was Masha’Allah at the bottom.

Protecting the honour of Saudia & its rulers blatantly and openly seems to be the mission of TTI & I have learned to deal with it.

Protecting the honour of Pakistanees & its rulers is obviously NOT on the Agenda. (Replace Pakistan with any other country if you wish, same difference)

Or Perhaps the thread is not deleted, I just can't find it...I don't really know.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Asslamo Allaikum,

I told Br Mabsoot a long time ago to delete any posts that he likes of mine; although deleting a news item about Saudi Arabia from Reuters is a bit of an over-reaction in my opinion when all I had was Masha’Allah at the bottom.

Protecting the honour of Saudia & its rulers blatantly and openly seems to be the mission of TTI & I have learned to deal with it.

Protecting the honour of Pakistanees & its rulers is obviously NOT on the Agenda. (Replace Pakistan with any other country if you wish, same difference)

Or Perhaps the thread is not deleted, I just can't find it...I don't really know.

Assalamu alaykum,

That is nonsense. You write your own over the top commentaries at the end of your news posts. Thats why they get deleted. If you have grievances you should air them in PMs, not on the site like this. All these things are in the Site rules and it is quite rude to act otherwise. It is not as if we have not spoken through PMs before. Nor have I actually commented or spoken about you in such a way. - We do delete news items that dont benefit the Muslims directly and that which would just have people giving ignorant comments.

Imagine the scenario, someone writes about X Leader having X amount of money or spending X amount on a big palace.. then, we will have someone give silly comments that are not appropriate for Muslim to make. - The thing that is Lost.. is when people should be more concerned with making themselves better Muslims and improving their knowledge, they spend time on this stuff. Everytime we see something stupid happening in the Muslim world, like the Palestinians fighting each other in Gaza or the Palestinians running to the Russians (Who kill Muslims in greater numbers in Chechnya).. remember it all stems from their lack of committing to the quran and sunnah. -

When you signed up to this site, you read the site rules and information. - Even then, if you have ANY questions, comments you can make them direct to me. If you dont agree with a rule, let me know.

We have the rules in place to keep the site focussed. We do not want every person to air their own opinion of Islamic issues. - This would lead people to confusion. We closed this site to debaters or arguments, whether they are from other religions or Muslim.

This is not a Political Discussion Forum. We dont want people arguing and spending their entire time discussing who is or who is not a bad ruler. And just Crying and moaning about the various Muslim leaders. - It does not benefit anyone. - Also, we will always have that odd element of people, who have absolutely no idea about even what the basics of Islam are, but enjoy engaging in political pseudo intellectual banter full of emotion which ends up sounding like a 5 year old crying over a lost toy. I dont like going through 5 pages of people moaning and even making takfir (calling them non-Muslim) or Muslim leaders then for me to have to lock and delete it. This website was not made for that. Its not the Wild West of the web. If you want debate with other people based on nothing but rhetoric, political nonsense and Emotions go join another Muslim site. Another site where they do not care about people actually following quran and sunnah.

We have big issues in our Ummah pertaining to Tawheed and Aqeedah which is lacking. - We will never be united or have anything good, unless our foundation is sound. Until people realise WHY this Ummah is disunited and not strong.. we will remain in this situation.

Our goal must be to have people unite together in following Islam according to the original teachings. According to the quran and the Sunnah with the understanding of the earliest generation of muslims.

Its when people do not do that that we have extremists, modernists and so forth.

As for hijab, If a New Muslim or someone new to practising Islam can manage to wear it fine. But, Islamically, we must be MORE concerned with them learning what the true Islamic beliefs are..

Instead, all I see is people spending their time debating whether Music is allowed or not, whether hijab should be worn and how to wear it and so forth. - The biggest problem we are facing today, is Muslims who are not worshipping Allah properly. Muslims who follow culture etc and not the quran and the sunnah. This does not mean that these other issues are not important or can not be discussed. But, we should always remain focussed and address the matters that are most Important. i.e. our belief in Allah.

If you go to most of our Muslim countries, you will find majority of the people following their culture and not the real Islam. Many Mosques built on top of graves - shrines to the dead.. and so forth. Is it any wonder the Muslims are weak?

Islam is based on 5 pillars.

When people really understand the basics of Islam, who worship Allah alone (and not some Saint or go to some grave to call on the dead!).. They must also have firm belief and love for the Prophet Muhammad :saw: and follow his teachings as close as possible.

When Muslims pray 5x and devote themselves to Allah properly. Do the obligatory actions, inshaAllah, their Iman will rise and they will also be able to wear the hijab easily.... and also be able to do the other obligations too.

So, if someone does have problems with hijab, they must concentrate on effectively raising their iman.

- What I see is people emailing me to tell their friend to stop listening music, or a brother wants his wife to wear hijab .. and she is not even praying 5x. - When we mention tawheed and aqeedah, a lot of the ignorant mushawish (trouble makers) have a fit. They dont want to or find it boring, astaghfirullah and Allah save us from the shaitan. Its better someone have firm belief in Allah and worship him properly, than just having appearance of a devout Muslim. - Otherwise, that person is weak and can crumble at any testing time.

Lets just get the most important issues addressed and be united on that. . The rest will follow. inshaAllah.

Importance Of Tawheed And The Evil Result Of Neglecting It

And remember, that muslims are always fair and balanced. Islam is the Middle Path and is way of Ease.

Nobody here should be judging others or accusing them of being something. If anyone spots a problem, just PM the moderators or admin.

I just wish I had More time to make nice content for this site and imrpove it, rather than falling into debates and arguments or people complaining. Even this reply is written in haste, Im pretty tired this morning. And Im sorry I can not please everyone.

wasalam.

Status
Not open for further replies.