karma?

xMuSlIm GuRlx

:salam2: everyone!!!

how are you all?? i hope you are in the best of health insha'allah and are doing well.. i have a question... does islam agree with the idea of karma.. jus the aspect of like "what goes around comes around..."?... like if a human being does a lot of harm or hurts some one very very very badly.... will a similar thing also happen to them some day in their life...? what does islam say about this...?? will they be able to emphathisee and realise what they have done as it will come back to them too some day? can they keep hurting and hurting another person or people continuously without any remorse or consequence?...am just very interested in this subject because i don't know if it is allowed or not in Islam? that is why i am asking i apologize if I have got it wrong i just want to increase my knowledge on islam and on this subject matter?... I personally believe that what goes around does in some way or form come back around...?? If some one has done somthing bad towards another person then they will go through something as well as a result of that and know that they did wrong? please reply would like to hear your thoughts... jzk everyone!! :-D :hijabi: x

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
Hi there
I dont have knowledge on this subject
But only thing I could say
Is That ALLAH SWT is the Most Just
And if those people will not pay in this life they will pay in next one
And Allah knows best
Bye

Believer1985

Personally, I believe in karma because I've experienced it. But then again, I believe whatever happens to me is because of Allah (SWT). Thus, it is Allah (SWT) who sends the karma.

kayleigh

Salaam,

Karma in the Hindu sense isn't in Islam. Karma in the sense that you'll get what you deserve, in my opinion, is in Islam. Like if you lead a horrible life and do bad things and don't care about repenting, etc., you'll be punished. If you lead a good life, try to be faithful, and do what you're supposed to, you'll be rewarded on the Day of Judgment.

A Kashmiri

Brother,

Concept of Karma is not in Islam.

In Hinduism the concept of Karma is present becasue of two reasons.

Firstly the hindu scholars of earlier times couldnt explain why a baby sometimes is born with defects like defects in heart etc, or abnormalities, syndromes etc as new born is innocent and sinless. They came up with the concept of Karma to answer this problem which says that if a person does good deeds in this world he will be reborn as a human and if he does bad deeds he may be born as an animal, or with the abnormality etc or he will be born in lower caste like the Vishya , or Shudras ( untouchables in Hinduism).

If you go back to the authentic scriptures of Hinduism which are Vedas, Vedas speak about Punarjanam which means after life and not birth rebirth concept which was later developed by Hindu scholars. We muslims have no objection to the concept of Punarjanam means eternal life after death which even Vedas speak too.

We muslims believe that this life is a test for an eternal life, a young one born with the defects is not because of the sin he had committed in past life, as islam doesnt believe in life ~ death~life concept but because Allah possibly wants to test his faith when he grows up , or his parents to whom the child has been born. For sure if the parents and the child when he grows up shows faith in Allah and the state Allah has put them in, and remain steadfast in their faith towards Allah, for sure there is a big reward on the day of Judgement after which there is real eternal life
As Muslims we believe in equality and in muslim and human brother hood, which says that we all are one and sons and daughters of Adam and Eve.

I hope it answers your Question.

In case for any clarification please do feel free to write.

May Allah shower upon you blessings...

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
:salam2: everyone!!!

jus the aspect of like "what goes around comes around..."?... like if a human being does a lot of harm or hurts some one very very very badly.... will a similar thing also happen to them some day in their life...? what does islam say about this...?? will they be able to emphathisee and realise what they have done as it will come back to them too some day? can they keep hurting and hurting another person or people continuously without any remorse or consequence? :-D :hijabi: x

Sister, first of all I don't see what goes around to come around in this World...atleast not always...

1. People who enjoyed luxurious life and died a normal death:

We have many examples of evil people not getting punishment in this World?
They seem to have lived quite a luxurious and happy life even after commiting many crimes against humanity and Islaam.

People (like Stalin) who commited so many crimes that no worldy punishment would equal their tyranny...but he lived and died normal life...

Does that mean they were actually good people??

2. Good people who suffered in this World:

Prophets of Allah are the best of humanity.

So, by the theory of Karma they should be living life free of any suffering.
But, we see many if not almost all of them sacrified and suffered in the path of Allah.

In addition to the Prophets many pious people men as well as women have suffered a lot.

Just a fews examples examples:
1. Aasiyah the wife of Firawn
2. Sumayyah (RAA).
3. Imam Malik.
4. Ibn Taymiyyah
By the theory of karma it would mean the had done something bad...for which they suffered ??? astagfiruallah!

In Islaam there is total accountability in the *hereafter*(This doesn't mean Allah doesn't punish people for their sins in this World or test the pious people to raise their ranks in hereafter)

فَمَن يَعۡمَلۡ مِثۡقَالَ ذَرَّةٍ خَيۡرً۬ا يَرَهُ ۥ (٧) وَمَن يَعۡمَلۡ مِثۡقَالَ ذَرَّةٍ۬ شَرًّ۬ا يَرَهُ ۥ (٨

So whosoever does good equal to the weight of an atom (or a small ant), shall see it. (7) And whosoever does evil equal to the weight of an atom (or a small ant), shall see it. (8)
-Surah Zalzala verses 7,8