kibr

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
لَا يَدْخُلُ الْجَنَّةَ مَنْ كَانَ فِي قَلْبِهِ مِثْقَالُ ذَرَّةٍ مِنْ كِبْرٍ قَالَ رَجُلٌ إِنَّ الرَّجُلَ يُحِبُّ أَنْ يَكُونَ ثَوْبُهُ حَسَنًا وَنَعْلُهُ حَسَنَةً قَالَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ جَمِيلٌ يُحِبُّ الْجَمَالَ الْكِبْرُ بَطَرُ الْحَقِّ وَغَمْطُ النَّاسِ
صحيح مسلم

It was narrated from ‘Abdullaah ibn Mas’ood that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “No one who has an atom’s-weight of arrogance in his heart will enter Paradise.” A man said, “O Messenger of Allah, what if a man likes his clothes and his shoes to look good?” He said, “Allah is Beautiful and loves beauty. Arrogance means rejecting the truth and looking down on people."
(Sahih Muslim)

Vocabulary Of The Hadith
مِثْقَالُ weight
كِبْرٍ pride/arrogance
ثَوْبُهُ his clothes
نَعْلُهُ his sandal
بَطَرُ rejecting
غَمْطُ contempt/looking دون

Lessons Of The Hadith
Kibr prevents entry to Paradise. If someone doesn't believe in Allah due to Kibr, they'll be banned from Paradise forever. Otherwise, the person will be punished to cleanse him of Kibr before entering Paradise.
Sufyan b. Uyainah Rahimuhullah said that there is hope for the one who slips into sin due to temptations, but the one who disobeys Allah due to arrogance, there is fear that Allah's curse may befall him. For Adam AS was forgiven when tempted by nafs, but Shaitaan was cursed due to his arrogance.
Whenever we hear a hadith, we should think about its application and ask for clarification, so that we can easily implement it in our lives, like the Sahabi did.
Allah loves beauty and He likes to see His favors on His slaves. Therefore, we should keep ourselves well groomed.
We should always accept the truth, no matter how much we dislike the person who is telling us the truth.
We should never look down on people. For if we are more blessed than them in any area, our accountability on the Day of Judgement will also be more and Allah can take it away at any time.

s.hashemi

:salam2:
Allah ybarak feeki for this nasi7ah :)
I especially like that you've defined many terms in here for everyone.
Allah reward you for this, and after reading this I am afraid.

I hope that if I've made mistakes here or anywhere, that they were from the nafs and not out of kibr; it would be dreadful to be barred from al-jannah. I wonder what exercises we may do to prevent this disease, as it surely is a disease that effects human beings to some extent or another; at least I would assume so. Even in the case of it being nafs, I still hope to learn how to settle that as that too can lead to downfall.

Allah protect us all from kibr and hypocrisy, Ameen.