killing of US ambasssador in Libya; violence in Egypt

Precious Star

I am not sure how killing the US ambassador in Libya is a responsible reaction to a film made by an idiot Egyptian-American. There is no relationship between this filmmaker and the US embassy in Libya, Egypt and Yemen. Guns, screams, killings -- let that be the way of the non-Muslims.

Similarly, why have muslims stormed the US embassy in Yemen over this film? the file was not produced by the US government. It was produced by some nobody who is originally from Egypt. And the movie is stupid -- all these violent demostrations are inviting the non-muslim public to watch the movie!!! Instead, it should have remained hidden. NOw, everyone is watching it -- which is a terrible, terrible by-product of the demonstrations.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/09/13/yemen-protesters-muhammad-film.html

As muslims, we have to behave responsibly. The ONLY thing that is coming out of all these violent demonstrations is "MUSLIMS ARE VIOLENT", NOT Muslims peacefully request that their religious leaders be respected and that Muslims value human life as a steadfast moral ideal.

What is going on?? Why aren't we taking the moral high road, rather than responding in a way that invites criticism of Islam and of Muslims? When someone insulted the Holy Prophet, did he (SAW) kill them and their families? My point is, if someone does something wrong, we should be behaving in a manner that is BETTER. If someone insults me, the best revenge is to deliver my message in a dignified way that invites people to ponder, reflect and respect.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam2:

You're right, we've been told to give the return of something evil with something that is better. This movie was deliberately provocative and was lured as a bait because they knew the muslims would react this way, and they'd have more excuse to send troops over there....

But if the muslims used good Aqeedah, and refused to be provoked, nothing like this would've happened. Now the world just looks at the news and goes "Wow, these muslims sure are violent."

ahmed3711

am Egyptian 100% I saw the film & I didn't say a word
the only thing which made me angry from inside which is the response of some ignorant & idot ppl in Egypt & Libya
this 1000 or 10000 who went to the embassy made the look of 91 million in Egypt looks bad
also the problem in the image of Islam infront of the 6 billion person worldwide

sorry for what happened in my country :(

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salam alaykum;

Thanks brother ahmed3711 about your words.

Unfortunately there is need just few extremists and they can put us all muslims to look same. Hopely muslims and all people will learn some day that violence doesn´t resolve kind of problems.

Is this really islamic way to behave as killing people whose hasn´t nothing to with that matter (like this stupid film)? Is this way how Muhammad behaved when disbelievers insulted him and his message? Laughted him and called him as fool? I don´t think so.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
This is quote from other place:

The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) bore the most severe abuse to himself and his followers, and yet he exemplified the verse [25:63] And the true servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk the earth with humility and when the uncivilized address them, they respond with words of peace. When the people of Ta'if stoned him for simply inviting them to Islam, he raised his hands in prayer, not for their destruction, but for the guidance of their descendants. The best response from Muslims is to embody the legacy of the Prophet and show the world the reality of his beautiful teachings, and clarify their misconceptions. Hatred begets conflict. Hatred drives people apart, and destroys civilization.

I have to say I agree this.

Precious Star

I am so glad that everyone agrees. In the last few days I have been very disturbed by the "mob" response by so many muslims around the world. It has happened before but we just don't learn. All the people that died over Satanic Verses -- all it did was make people read the book. Now, the whole world has watched the trailer for this movie.

And, there are violent reactions that have happened all over the world overnight, with the result that the US has increased its military operations in Libya and who knows where else. How can we say we are the religion of peace with a straight face when muslims react so violently? Imagine if our parents beat us to the pulp everytime we did something wrong!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

There is so much propaganda it is hard to see the truth. There are layers of deception that are so deep it would take years to understand. However, we have to be reflective and not reactive.

The funny thing is that it seems it was just a trailer.

Not all Muslims behaved violently. We have to reflect and allow the facts to unfold.

xenocalamus

You're right, we've been told to give the return of something evil with something that is better. This movie was deliberately provocative and was lured as a bait because they knew the muslims would react this way, and they'd have more excuse to send troops over there....

But if the muslims used good Aqeedah, and refused to be provoked, nothing like this would've happened. Now the world just looks at the news and goes "Wow, these muslims sure are violent."

You seem to think that it is a misconception that "these muslims sure are violent". But, the proof is in the pudding. All it takes is for someone to insult their so-called prophet, and many muslims turn murderous (in fact, in many Islamic countries, it is a capital offense). Why is that? You don't see scientists burning down churches and mosques because christians and muslims "insult" evolution. The reason is that fundamentalists are inherently insecure in their beliefs. If they truly believed their in their fantasies, they would trust in "Allah" to wreak vengence. But, of course, that never seems to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

You seem to think that it is a misconception that "these muslims sure are violent". But, the proof is in the pudding. All it takes is for someone to insult their so-called prophet, and many muslims turn murderous (in fact, in many Islamic countries, it is a capital offense). Why is that? You don't see scientists burning down churches and mosques because christians and muslims "insult" evolution. The reason is that fundamentalists are inherently insecure in their beliefs. If they truly believed their in their fantasies, they would trust in "Allah" to wreak vengence. But, of course, that never seems to happen.

strive-may-i

- - - Updated - - -

Scientists, who? You seem to have a misconception, or are you forgetting the fantasies called 'weapons of mass destruction', on which billions are poured every year, and brainwashed scientists spend their lifetime developing...

a_stranger

I think the best respond to such acts is that we try to follow our prophet salla Allah alaihi wa sallam more , we should learn his life, his message and try to be more sincere in following.

Abd_Al_Hadi

لبيك يا الله
Xenocalamus......Townie? Lol, why make up a new username?

We do see Christians shooting doctors outside of abortion clinics. We do see Christians equip themselves with fancy weapons and kill 77 children in Norway (and will be free to kill more in 21 years). We did see Christians kill Muslims in Kosovo. We did see Christians kill Native Americans. We did see Jews kill pregnant Palestinian women. We did see Jews kill children. We witnessed Christians kill Iraqis and Afghanis and Pakistanis and Yemenis. Christians even lynched their own Christians who are black. Christians raped and robbed. Jews raped and robbed. Christians molested. Jews molested. Jews even went far as to stealing organs from dying people!

True, Muslims get the bronze medal for killing. But hands down, Christians take the gold medal home.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother

Are you Townie, glad you are back. Hope you have learned the rule here. Scientists, they may not have burn churches but they killed hundred and thousand of innocent lives in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. These are not Muslim scientists, perhaps they are not Christian but mostly likely atheists. The fact is, they hate Muslim just like other non believers.

azad.ahmed

Afghanistan: Nato air strike 'kills eight women in Laghman'

Local officials said at least seven women were taken to hospital after the strike

At least eight women have died in a Nato air strike in Afghanistan's eastern province of Laghman, local officials say.

Nato has conceded that between five and eight civilians died as it targeted insurgents, and offered condolences.

The remote region in which the strike took place is out of the reach of central government, correspondents say.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

The latest responses have nothing to do with the original post. The killing of the ambassador was simply wrong. Killing is not the solution; unless war has been declared it is the gang violence that is ruling. It has nothing to do with Islam.

azad.ahmed

attack was the work of roughly 20 from pro Al Qaida militants .."Angry Muslim mob" did not killed him, in fact they were trying to save him.
what US gov can do ? if gov is not responsible for producing the video, at least has a responsibility to make sure it is taken down from youtube and punish those idiots.

Townie

Are you Townie, glad you are back. Hope you have learned the rule here. Scientists, they may not have burn churches but they killed hundred and thousand of innocent lives in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. These are not Muslim scientists, perhaps they are not Christian but mostly likely atheists. The fact is, they hate Muslim just like other non believers.

No, nothing to do with me. Xenocalamus joined three years ago.