Lessons to be LEARNED

Saifadin_Qutuz

Nemesis of Decadence

I'll make it brief yet worthy Please just give me a few minutes, and read.
I hope my efforts wont go un-hindered

In this day well actually on 10-13 february, in the 1250's, a cruel man named Hulagu led his big force of Tartars westward from his homelands in central asia and mongolia, towards one of the capitals of islam at that time, Baghdad. Hulagu was stopped by none. Persia and Samarkand all fell, as well as the mighty castles of the Hashashin. Yet, the caliph Al Musta39im(Al Mustasim) of Baghdad, as well as the sultans and Emirs of the middle east and north africa where drowning by the deceives and indulgences and pleasures of this life. They were tricked, tricked while their enemy was at their gates ferociously coming and advancing. The, caliph, sultans and emirs where fighting each other and pleasuring themselves, while they knew for sure their enemy was one united force of determined and resolute warriors.

1258 CE, the tatar forces of Hulagu arrived Iraq, surrounding and laying seige to Baghdad. After a few days, it fell, witnessing one of its most horrible days. The Tatars destroyed and literally wiped out the city.

Even in the most desperate moments, the muslims couldnt stand together. A shame indeed. Hulagu's enterance to the city was facilitated and made easiyer by a man who betrayed the caliph al Musta39im. He was a man of different ideology to that of the caliph, and was called Ibn al alqami, who exposed everything to hulago.

Baghdad was raped. The educational buildings built 400 years before 1258 were returned to dust, and with it baghdad.

Hulago captured the caliph, and went to the place where the gold and treasures were stored .
Hulago saw an endless sea of gold and treasures, and said to the caliph:

Hulagu: "eat that gold"
Al Musta39im (Caliph) : "but I cant, how can I eat gold??"
Hulagu: "Well if you are not going to eat it, then what will you do with it!? why havent you spent it on building your army and fortifications when you knew I was coming??"

Then the Tatars wraped the caliph with a carpet, and trampled him to death. Before they killed him, they showed him how the people of Baghdad where being masacared. Baghdad never recovered from its downfall, and it lay in misery till this day.

The tatars approached Damascus, and its sultan Al Na9ir yusuf (Anasir Yusuf) didnt learn..

Thankfully, the tatars were stopped by the mighty forces of mamluk egypt under saifadin qutuz and al zahir rukn al din baibars in 1260

Well hope you enjoyed the flight Thank you
:)

dna1987

Muslim Guy
Salam alaikum.

Is this army part of the Genghis Khan army? I remember reading a short biography of Genghis Khan... his army managed to massacre millions of muslims when he came near the Middle East. At that time, the Muslims had some poor organization at the top of the leadership board, and they got wasted for it.

Thanks for sharing nonetheless. It was a good read, good post Saifadin_Qutuz :p, nudge nudge wink wink.

Salam alaikum.

Globalpeace

Banned
Hulagu Khan and the "Reverts"

Asslamo Allaikum Sister,

Hulagu Khan was actually Genghis Khan's grand-son. Genghis didn't get a chance to invade Baghdad as he died before that.

Hulagu was the son of a christian mother & was sent by his brother Möngke Khan to destroy the Muslim Empire. He destroyed Baghdad "Brick by Brick" & the centre of Islamic Empire was never the same again!

But He was defeated by the Muslims in the battle of The Battle of Ain Jalut (The Battle of Eye of Goliath) lead by the Egyptian Muslims but even after that victory Muslim couldn't take back their lost areas.

You might be interested to know that bulk of this Army that beat the the Mogols primarily consisted of "Reverts" to Islam & these reverts were specifically trained to beat the Mongols at close quarter battle. These reverts were North European which were sold as Slaves (due to extreme poverty in Europe) in the Islamic empire....This was a common practice by the Europeans

Most of the slaves accepted Islam and joined the Muslim Army where they rose in ranks and stature (despite being slaves) and eventually joined the Islamic Caliphate. (so much for condenming slavery in Islam)

The Mongol Empire lasted 150 years & then they accepted Islam by Muslim Sufees (because the Muslim armied were categorically defated & they took vast areas of land) and remain Muslim to this day in areas of Pakistan, Afghanistan & China.

The acceptance of Islam by the Mongols resulted in the vast Turkish Empire which ruled 3 continents of Asia, Africa & Europe; one of the largest empires EVER on earth.

Salam alaikum.

Is this army part of the Genghis Khan army? I remember reading a short biography of Genghis Khan... his army managed to massacre millions of muslims when he came near the Middle East. At that time, the Muslims had some poor organization at the top of the leadership board, and they got wasted for it.

Thanks for sharing nonetheless. It was a good read, good post Saifadin_Qutuz :p, nudge nudge wink wink.

Salam alaikum.

almouchie

salam
thanks for info
i am actually very interested in islamic history after the khulafa2 al rashideen
I just bought a series about the era after the death of Ali ibn abi taleb

i always thought muslims reached areas where tartars lived & thats how they became muslims only to find out they actually came here & then reverted

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

I remember reading about Berke Khan. He was Genghis Khan's Grandson. He was a New Muslim and was one of the major obstacles and reasons for the defeat of the invading non-Muslim tartars.

"Hulagu returned to his lands by 1262, after the succession was finally settled with Kublai as the last Great Khan, but instead of being able to avenge his defeats, was drawn into civil war with Batu Khan's brother Berke. Berke Khan, a Muslim convert, had promised retribution in his rage after Hulagu's sack of Bagdad, and allied himself with the Mamluks. Historian Rashid al-Din quoted Berke Khan as sending the following message to Mongke Khan, protesting the attack on Bagdad, (not knowing Mongke had died in China) "he has sacked all the cities of the Muslims, and has brought about the death of the Caliph. With the help of God I will call him to account for so much innocent blood." (see The Mongol Warlords, quoting Rashid al-Din's record of Berke Khan's pronouncement; this quote is also found in The Mamluk-Ilkhanid War). When Hulagu massed his armies to attack the Mamluks and avenge Ain Jalut, Berke Khan initiated a series of raids in force which drew Hulagu north to meet him. Hulagu Khan suffered severe defeat in an attempted invasion north of the Caucasus in 1263. This was the first open war between Mongols, and signaled the end of the unified empire....................

..........Berke was killed while fighting Hulagu's son, Abaqa Khan, in 1266. He was succeeded by his nephew, Mengu-Timur. The policy of alliance with the Mamluks, and containment of the Il-Khanate, was continued by Mengu-Timur. Most historians are in agreement that the intervention by Berke against Hulagu saved the remainder of the Holy Land, including Mecca and Jerusulem, from the same fate as Bagdad......." - wikipedia :p