Lets talk about the hadeeths

mezeren

dear sister,
i am sorry if i or anyone offended you or hurt your feelings,because it wasn't my intention.then,let's take a deep breath and relax.
you say , "If I was reading an autobiography of Muhammad, I would no doubt be a believer, of anything that he instructed to do, as he is the messenger of God, so I believe he did live a very good life. But there is no autobiography", forgive me but that is not logical,because we have lots of detailed knowledge about thousands of historical individuals and almost none of them come through autobiographies.these knowledge goes back to,let's say,7.000 years ago.our knowledge about Muhammed(s.a.w) is 1.400 years old and they are so detailed and reliable.
again i will remind you some verses from holly Quran and hope you tell us what you understand from them.i have to tell you that there are a lot of similar verses in quran and you can find them easily.

at Tagabun[12] So obey Allah, and obey His Messenger: but if ye turn back, the duty of Our Messenger is but to proclaim (the Message) clearly and openly.

Muhammed(33] O ye who believe! obey Allah, and obey the Messenger, and make not vain your deeds!

an-Nisaa [80] He who obeys the Messenger, obeys Allah; but if any turn away, We have not sent thee to watch over their (evil deeds).

an-Nisaa [14] But those who disobey Allah and His Messenger and transgress His limits will be admitted to a Fire, to abide therein: and they shall have a humiliating punishment.

al-i-İmran [132] And obey Allah and the Messenger; that ye may obtain mercy.

bloup1000

salam

i think that no one should argue about it and i think that hadiths tells you to do the right stuff and no one needs to change any thing just follow what it says unless you know its wrong but if you are not sure just look it up the internet

salam

Solemn_G

As-salaamu alaykum dear sister,

It seems that you just don't understand hadith and that you beleive that the are flawed in some way. If this issue is a difficulty for you to grasp then I suggest that you seek to learn the science of hadith. How they were collected, in what situation and how they are proven to be authentic. This isn' like the Christians writing the bible thinking that Holy Spirit(ie Jibiriel alaysalaam) is inspiring them, these are the people who were with the Prophet(sa''Allahu alayhu wa'salaam)and followed everything he did. Subhana'Allah, you will be amazed at the method by which they are authenticated. the Muslim scholars of old were geniuses by the Will of Allah (subhanahu wa ta''alaa).

It is simple as learning what you don't know and things will be made easy, Insha'Allah. The Qur'an is the Message to Mankind while the Hadiths are the Manual in which you follow, as well as other things. I mean, do you think that Allah (subhanahu wa ta''alaa) would tell us how to eat and go to the washroom in the Qur'an. No, but it was the additional saying and mannerisms of Rusulullah(sa''Allahu alayhu wa'salaam) that were noted as detailed and meticulously as the Qur'an that give this info. The Qur'an was meant as a Word from Allah(subhanahu wa ta"alaa) to establish True Tawheed(Islamic Monetheism) and remind mankind of the Covenant and our duty towards Him. It is in no way detailed enough for a peron to live by which is why Allah(subhanahu wa ta"alaa) said to follow His rusulu in or to determine the finer details.

Once again, I advise you to study the science of hadith and you will understand why the Saheeh(authentic hadith) are undeniabley true and must be followed). You just need to put that effort because the beleif you currently have is quite destructive and could lead to your ruin before Allah(subhanahu wa ta"alaa). I also adivsie you to read the biographies of the Sahaba, the Tabi'een, and the Tabi tabi'een so that you can gain a confidence in the character and actions of these people who followed the Prophet(sa"Allahu alayhu wa'salaam) which remove from your heart any doubts about their trustworthiness of truthfulness. Know that a Muslim is forbidden to lie and the first generation of beleivers never lied about a thing, and if they ever did then they were noted as being untrustworthy and their nararation of hadith were labelled as weak and could not be followed. All was taken into consideration. Just seek out the knowledge.

Wa salaam

Solemn_G

The misguided sect of al-Qur’aaniyyeen

Question:
assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullah
There is a deviant group of people who claim to follow the Quran only, and not the Sunnah of the Holy Prophet (SAW). Please provide us with scholarly proof that they are on the wrong path, so we can give them da'wah, Insha Allah.
Wassalaam

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

Some people have started to claim that the Sunnah is not a source of legislation. They call themselves “al-Qur’aaniyyeen” and say that we have the Qur’aan, so we take as halaal whatever it allows and take as haraam whatever it forbids. The Sunnah, according to their claims, is full of fabricated ahaadeeth falsely attributed to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). They are the successors of other people about whom the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us. Ahmad, Abu Dawood and al-Haakim reported with a saheeh isnaad from al-Miqdaam that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Soon there will be a time when a man will be reclining on his couch, narrating a hadeeth from me, and he will say, ‘Between us and you is the Book of Allaah: what it says is halaal, we take as halaal, and what it says is haraam, we take as haraam.’ But listen! Whatever the Messenger of Allaah forbids is like what Allaah forbids.” (Al-Fath al-Kabeer, 3/438. Al-Tirmidhi reported it with different wording, and said that it is hasan saheeh. Sunan al-Tirmidhi bi Sharh Ibn al-‘Arabi, al-Saawi edn., 10/132). The name al-Qur’aaniyyeen does not befit these people, because the Qur’aan tells us, in almost one hundred aayahs, to obey the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Obedience to the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is considered in the Qur’aan to be a part of obedience to Allaah, may He be glorified. “He who obeys the Messenger, has indeed obeyed Allaah, but he who turns away, then we have not sent you (O Muhammad) as a watcher over them.” [al-Nisa’ 4:80 – interpretation of the meaning]. The Qur’aan, which they claim to follow, denies the faith of the one who refuses to obey the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and does not accept his ruling: “But no, by your Lord, they can have no Faith, until they make you (O Muhammad) judge in all disputes between them, and find in themselves no resistance against your decisions, and accept (them) with full submission.” [al-Nisa’ 4:65 – interpretation of the meaning]

Their suggestion that the Sunnah is “contaminated” with fabricated ahaadeeth is not valid, because the scholars of this ummah took the utmost care to purify the Sunnah from all alien elements. If they had any doubts about the truthfulness of any narrator, or there was the slightest possibility that he could have forgotten something, this would be sufficient grounds for rejecting a hadeeth. Even the enemies of this ummah have stated that no other nation has paid so much attention to examining its reports and their narrators, especially in the case of reports narrated from the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

For it to be obligatory to follow a hadeeth, it is sufficient for it to be known that it is a saheeh (authentic, sound) hadeeth narrated from the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was content to convey his message by sending just one of his Companions, which proves that the hadeeth reported by one trustworthy person must be followed.

Moreover, we would ask these people: where are the aayaat which tell us how to pray, or which tell us that the obligatory prayers are five times daily, or which tell us about the nisaab on various kinds of wealth for the purpose of zakaah, or about the details of the rituals of Hajj, and other rulings which we can only know from the Sunnah?

Al-Mawsoo’ah al-Fiqhiyyah, 1/44

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

All Rights Reserved for IslamQA© 1997-2008 : 122.84

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
dear sister,
what you say is against islam's teachings.you can not separate quran and sunnah.quran is our first referance and sunnah is the second.no hadeeth can contradict quran.and do not compare yourself or anybody to our beloved Prophet(s.a.w).he is the perfect example for us and not a mere man.

if anyone claim to follow only quran by excluding sunnah,then they must follow quran and read it carefully.here are some verses from Quran.

at Tagabun[12] So obey Allah, and obey His Messenger: but if ye turn back, the duty of Our Messenger is but to proclaim (the Message) clearly and openly.

Muhammed(33] O ye who believe! obey Allah, and obey the Messenger, and make not vain your deeds!

an-Nisaa [80] He who obeys the Messenger, obeys Allah; but if any turn away, We have not sent thee to watch over their (evil deeds).

an-Nisaa [14] But those who disobey Allah and His Messenger and transgress His limits will be admitted to a Fire, to abide therein: and they shall have a humiliating punishment.

al-i-İmran [132] And obey Allah and the Messenger; that ye may obtain mercy.

:salam2:

Saalam,
I don't think you should be so quick to condemn the sister, who sincerely asked, mainly because she is a new Muslim.
Clearly the Ummah learned a great deal form the Hadiths. Even, so there exist false hadtihs "weak hadiths", one must be cautious when following the hadith.
Yes, Shahih Muslim and Shahih Bukhari are accepted as authentic, but what about the other books of Hadith like Tirmidhi, on which the scholars do not have unanimous agreement upon?
It is a legitimate question one may ask, and there is no need to condemn it just because she asked!

Wasalam

shoaib

Mairo

Maryama
Asalaamu aleikum dear sister,

As a fellow revert to Islam, I understand your concern. But as others have already mentioned, Insha'Allah if you learn more about the science and means of authenticating Hadith, you will come to have more confidence in the transmission of the recording of the words and deeds of the prophet Muhammad, salla aleyhi wa salaam. I do not consider myself that knowledgable in the science of Hadith, but what I do know has led me to have confidence in all of the collection of Bukhari and Muslim as sound. And these volumes are so large, I feel that learning those hadiths to the best of my ability is very sufficient.

Each hadith has reference to who observed/heard the prophet, salla aleyhi wa salaam, and how the transmission was passed. You can learn more about these people who passed on this information, who are among the most trustworthy and pious companions of the prophet, peace be upon them. There are many hadith which are essentially more than one person stating the same observation, which adds even more veracity to them. Personally, I think it is the most carefully recorded assembly of information about any person in the world ever, so I would strongly encourage you to learn more about the Hadith before you choose to dismiss them entirely.

Consider the following verses from the Qu'ran:

[24.51] The response of the believers, when they are invited to Allah and His Apostle that he may judge between them, is only to say: We hear and we obey; and these it is that are the successful.
[24.52] And he who obeys Allah and His Apostle, and fears Allah, and is careful of (his duty to) Him, these it is that are the achievers.
[24.53] And they swear by Allah with the most energetic of their oaths that if you command them they would certainly go forth. Say: Swear not; reasonable obedience (is desired); surely Allah is aware of what you do.
[24.54] Say: Obey Allah and obey the Apostle; but if you turn back, then on him rests that which is imposed on him and on you rests that which is imposed on you; and if you obey him, you are on the right way; and nothing rests on the Apostle but clear delivering (of the message).
[24.55] Allah has promised to those of you who believe and do good that He will most certainly make them rulers in the earth as He made rulers those before them, and that He will most certainly establish for them their religion which He has chosen for them, and that He will most certainly, after their fear, give them security in exchange; they shall serve Me, not associating aught with Me; and whoever is ungrateful after this, these it is who are the. transgressors.
[24.56] And keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate and obey the Apostle, so that mercy may be shown to you.

Peace and best wishes to you, God bless