life of a french muslim hijabi in Paris

amelesifodil

assalam aleykoum, bismillah rhaman rhahim,
i am a french muslim woman. i convert to islam 10 years ago as i discovered this religio with my husband who was already muslim. I am a nurse, and the problem that i have is that i can t work in France as a nurse, due to the fact that i wear scarf. this is my choice, and i would say my priority in life, and i don t wan t to stop wearing my scarf during the time of work. i have tried many ways of wearing it, but each time, i have been rejected and criticised.
the problem is that France still judges people on their appearance, and not according to their professionalism, competence, or human values. so, since 2006, i does not work anymore. al hamdulillah as i have time now for my 3 children, and more over all, al hamdulillah that i can, financially speaking, offerd me the luxury of not working. i miss my job a lot, but i am serene, as i know that it is the way God has reserved to me. all my thoughs are going to our sisters in France who must work to feed their family, and who must get off their scarf to be allowed to work. May allah helps them inch allah.
that was how i live in France, my husbad and I have the project to move to England in order to live our religion more freely inch allah. excuse my english, and have all a pleasant day, may Allah sabhanou wa taala be with us.
assalam aleykoum.

Almaas

Asalaam-ualaykum,

Welcome sister, InshAllah everything will work out for you.

May Allah (SWT) reward you for all your efforts of staying sincere to Islam.

All the best.

Waalaykum-asalaam.

Maryam Sayyidina

:salam2:
May Allah reward your consistence in wearing hijab with wonderful and blessing life. Ameen!:tti_sister:
Here in my country some sister also feels the same case like you. My friend who is nurse even should take off when she's workin but after the work time finish she will put it on again. Also there's a mosleema workin in hotel do the same. They have no option since lack of job vacancies here. But they try the best.
Don't worry.. be mosleema:hijabi:
:wasalam:

cmelbouzaidi

:salam2: dear sister, I am also a hijabi revert to Islam living just outside Paris :) I just moved here from Florida with my family this summer. I am sorry that it is so difficult for sisters here to work wearing hijab. You would think that for a nurse, covering the hair completely would actually be so acceptable! I have a dental hygeinist friend in Florida who cannot wear her hijab to work either.

Now, I know there is a ban on hijabs (and any religious attire) in public schools. Does this rule also apply to university in France? Can someone be refused employment in any sector because they wear hijab or is it just made extremely difficult?

May Allah reward you, sister, for sticking to your faith and I am sure the children are benefitting tremendously from you being at home, Alhamdulillah.

Send me a PM and maybe we can meet sometime :) My French is not too bad (lol) and I am originally from Ireland :)

:wasalam:

Issa92

Consider the losses of finances as a loan to Allah, because you loose these money because of your commitment to Allah. Go on with your life, practice islam and enjoy your family. When the time is right Allah will pay back your losses caused by the boundaries He sat for you. This is the same with those who pay zakat etc.

Salaam

nizar83

mashallah sister i have nothing but a zillion kilograms of respect for you!!!

i hope inshallah all of europe and the western civilization will upgrade their point of view and indeed judge people on their professionalism instead of looks.
i would rather have a woman with a scarf saving my child because of her professionalism..then a woman not wearing a scarf failing to do so..mashallah

may ALLAH ta3ala guide all of us..amin

i hope this sister will be an example for all of us..especially the muslim men who work in haram environments or even doing haram jobs, thinking their boss is the RAZAAQ...the provider...he is not...ITS ALLAH azza wajall who provides us and has been providing all of mankind since day 1 untill the last day..al hamdulilaah

lily_mawar

Assalamualaikum sister ...

Welcome to the ummah ... May Allah reward you for what you have done ...

Surah Al-Baqarah> Verse 82

But those who have Faith and work righteousness. They are Companions of the Garden: therein shall they abide (for ever).

Surah Al-Baqarah> Verse 112

Nay, whoever submits his whole self to Allah and is a doer of good he will get his reward with his Lord; on such shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

AleahKoto

Allah will decide
Alhumdulilah Sister!

You are a nurse! How great is that gift? Can you work part time with shut ins? Something to do with the elderly and disabled who wish to live at home? You could also wear a type of turban and high necked blouse? In sha allah sister the whole world is open to you and you can get creative, and not have to work in a hospital setting only. May Allah bless you!

muslimguy

:salam2: sister

may Allah help you and help all the sister that stick to their deen on all circumstances.
I was wondering isn't there a muslim clinic where you can get a job?

I know here in the North Carolina there is a clinic called mariam clinic which was created by muslims, I also know that there is UMMA clinic in LA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_p9dU5s3vg

:salam2:

amelesifodil

barrakallah fikoum sisters for your replies and supports.
insch Allah one day this world would be more tolerant towards Islam, the religion yet offered to the entire humanity...
concerning finance for example, the wolrd is starting to change. with the acual financial crisis, some finance experts in New York are starting to think about the islamic system with no bank interets. in France, the senat adopt a reflexion concerning the same subject. insch Allah it s going to change and the world will see Islam rightly. ma salam.

Umm Ismael

Asselemou Allaikum Sister,

I am facing the same case in France but with university..You know probably the Ecole Polytechnique..Since it has a military status, it is forbidden...May Allah help us.

But I couldnt take it off inche Allah.

Please read sourate Yassine each time you have this problem: 9. et Nous mettrons une barrière devant eux et une barrière derrière eux; Nous les recouvrirons d'un voile : et voilà qu'ils ne pourront rien voir.
وجعلنا من بين أيدهم سدا ومن خلفهم سدا فاغشيناهم فهم لا يبصرون

May Allah help you :)

salam

amelesifodil

May Allah sabhanou wa taala helps you in your cause, inch allah you 'be congratulated for your sacrifices and efforts. france is still late comparing to other countries in Europe, France knows everything, and has nothing to learn from "foreigners" as they would say, unfortunately.

Kulsumfatima

Proud to be a Muslim
Assalamu alaikum sister we r all very happy to have u here
Insha allah as all have said above things will work out for u
My best wishes are always with u
Ameen

amelesifodil

subhanallah you see often how Allah sabhanou wa taala recompense us for our sacrificies in His cause ?! You know, since I 've decided to stop taking off my hidgeb for Allah our creator, my husband has seen his professionnal situation improving so much that we are planing now new projects of life, and that we have decided to enlarge our family with a little "angel" coming next May inch Allah.
Allah sabhanou wa taala always shows us the right decision to take, and if we lead our lives according to Islam and its rules, I am sure that we'll be happy inch allah. the essential in life is the "intent" (Nia in arabic). the difficulty for us is to be able anf strong enough to accept our destinies and to be recognizing enough towards Allah sabhanou wa taala.
May Allah guide us all in the right path, maybe especially for the converted sisters who still have their parents, sisters and brothers who, unfortunately, don t follow Islam. Allah guide who He wants, but our role is to show a very good example for the non muslim, maybe one day they 'll chose to follow the steps of the Prophet Mohhamed salallah ou aleyhi wa salem.
peace be with you sisters.