little help plz..my athan from IslamicFinder is not working. please help me to fix it

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
salam,

a few weeks ago i downloaded the Athan to play automatically on my computer 5 times a day. it is accurate inshallah and has helped me so much to remember my prayer times.

i use Islamic Finder. for the pass 2 days, i noticed the athan is not playing. it does not sound. the athan screen comes up but the athan does not play and you cant hear it.

i thought it was on mute or the volume was down but its not.

im not sure if my kids played with my computer but i really dont know how to fix it.

i could down load it again, but if someone uses this type of Athan too and knows what the problem might be from, please please let me know so i can fix it.

i have sent a email to their site asking for help but i still havent heard anything.

considering i already have the software and i can see the screen of the Athan, and have no problems with the times and dates on it, this is why i didnt want to re download it again. then i might have 2 athan / 2 athan screens / software thing.

so since i already have the software and the software is working, please tell me if you know how i can fix the athan so to be able to hear it play

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
athan from IslamicFinder !

:bismillah:
:salam2:

Here what you can do!
Insya allah!

1)You can delete it
and like uninstall
the current program
and reinstall

Or

Just Install it again and let it overwrite the current program.

I been using it for more than a year now and it work just fine.
Alhamdulillah!

You may visit this link for more detail and your reference;
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69118

~May Alllah swt help and guide you~Amin!

Take Care!
~Wassalam :)

eminbey

信得過…是我的名字
selams
the best solution is to uninstall the software including the data files situated
in c:/programfiles...etc
and then re install from the .exe file of ATHAN software,
Inshallah it'll work properly
another thing as a user of technology you have to be used to this kind of prob(hardware,or software)
because its very common

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
selams
the best solution is to uninstall the software including the data files situated
in c:/programfiles...etc
and then re install from the .exe file of ATHAN software,
Inshallah it'll work properly
another thing as a user of technology you have to be used to this kind of prob(hardware,or software)
because its very common

thanks guys.

im not really good at reinstalling and uninstalling and im not really good at using computer so please be patient with me and provide full details of where i have to click to uninstall and how do i do all this.

it sounds so complicated do you think because i dont have computer skills im still able to do it.

please give me details so i can uninstall it.

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
start>control panel>(if u r using vista, make sure "control panel Home" is selected in the left side tab, then...)>click "uninstall a program" under "Programs"(which should be 5th on the left side of the main page)> click on the program u want to uninstall> you can continue from there..

to reinstall

find where .exe file is located and double click on it. if you have downloaded it from interenet(using Mozilla firefox), go to "downloads" under "Tools" in the main tool bar, you can find your .exe file there in sha Allah.

wa salaam.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

Are you sure there *is* a problem with the software? Maybe the settings have been changed so that the athan is turned off? Did you try opening up the window, selecting one of the athans and clicking "Play"? Do you hear any sound? If not, then, yes, uninstall and reinstall the program. However, if you do hear sound, it just might be that someone changed it to not play....

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED

Are you sure there *is* a problem with the software? Maybe the settings have been changed so that the athan is turned off? Did you try opening up the window, selecting one of the athans and clicking "Play"? Do you hear any sound? If not, then, yes, uninstall and reinstall the program. However, if you do hear sound, it just might be that someone changed it to not play....

i dont think there is a problem with the software itself because like i said the software works fine well it looks fine. whenever the athan is due to be recited, the islamic finder window pops up but the athan doesnt play, so im not sure if it is playing but you cant hear it or its not playing at all.

you cannot hear the athan when it sounds when you press play.

the athan might have been turned off but how do i get it back on to play normal. i looked at all the settings and they are all fine.

i do need to probably uninstall and reinstall the program

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
i got this email from the Islamic Finder customer service:

Thank you for writing to us. The problem could be in windows media player so we will suggest you to re-install the windows media player from the following.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download/default.asp

After installing the windows media player in your computer, Please reinstall the Athan software. Please let us know the result, too?

---------------

so now what does that mean because my windows media player plays the quran just fine. there is no problems at all with my windows media player.

i havent had a chance to uninstall the Islamic Finder so inshallah i will do this later this afternoon.

but for the meantime, i hope to hear from brothers/ sisters about the reply i got from the islamic finder. do i need to install windows media player again? considering there is no problems at all with it.

plus, the athan is just not sounding, thats all, there has to be a button to press or something to make it sound. but what??? lool, i am so confused. the islamic finder works just fine. just cant hear the athan.

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
Do you get any sound from any other application? If not, your speakers may have gone bad, or your sound card or your audio driver. Let us know if this is the case and we may be able to take it from there.

If you do get sound elsewhere, then it is best to uninstall then install like the other members suggested.

i get sound in other applications. normal alhumdulilah.

inshallah i will uninstall it this afternoon and then see what to do next

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
click on you soundmixer check to see if your program volume is lower than the others.

try this software :
http://www.salaattime.com/

it is just as accurate and you could include your own athan mp3 for free.
:wasalam:

okay everyone, CAN I PLEASE HAVE YOUR ATTENTION:

now, i uninstalled the athan, when doing this, the program/ software was completly deleted. so i went to the website Islamic Finder and re downloaded it. it still did not work. you cannot play the athan adn when its salah time it did not work.

so i did exactly what the Islamic Finder service people told me to do which is to uninstall, then install media player from
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...ad/default.asp
then reinstall the athan again.

i had no problems at all with my media player but i followed their exact instructions.

the athan still did not work. i informed them Islamic Finder that it still isnt working buti havent heard from them.

i played quran on my media player to see if speakers were working, they were find alhumdulilah. i also put an MP3 cd and then a normal cd, both played fine.

so what i did next is istalled what brother abdul-aziz suggested salaattime.com (thank you for your suggestion) but the athan still did not play. and when i went to settings, everything was fine and the volume is fine.

so this is making me impatient because i havent heard the athan for a day or so and im really really frustrated because its not working all of a sudden. i wish it was something else and not the athan because sometimes i loose trach of time, when i hear the athan it helps me to remember my salah.

guys, im confused, i seriously find this strange and weird, what is going on? speakers are fine, window player works fine, cd and mp3 cd is also fine, watching a moving, going to youtube also fine, so what is wrong with the athan? :girl3::girl3::tti_sister:

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

Hmm, lets take this step-by-step, InshaAllah.

Do you think you can take a screenshot of your Athan window and post it up here? This is just to double check you have the proper settings set up. Or wait, I'll post my athan window here, please compare that it looks relatively similar:

athan1.jpg

Check the two circled bits:

1. That one of the Athan's (example: Mecca, Medina) is chosen.
2. That the volume tab is switched to the max and not min.

If these two things are correct, and you also tried reinstalling Windows Media Player, as well as reinstalling the Athan software, and your soundcard and speakers are working fine.... well, then, we'll see what to do next. Let us know first if this much is okay.

Parvaiz

There can be many issues which has resulted in this ill take 2 of them for now.
First check if your date and time is set properly maybe a stupid question but some viruses force it to be changed which make alot of software not to work.Secondly uninstalling software from windows xp default method wont help much,as if the registry is corrupted it will remain there until you dont remove it manually.In order to fix this issue lets use a sofware.Download this software
Code:
[url]http://c0464521.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/revosetup.exe[/url]
After installation open it and locate Adhan software as shown below

43277021.jpg

Right click on it and select uninstall.and select the last option that is advance and press next

72727127.jpg

After clicking wait for sometime you will after some sec get a pop up message click yes

48315534.jpg

when done again wait when the next button again becomes clickable, click on it ,again click next and you will have the following page.Click on select all and press delete

68385154.jpg

after that click next ,on new page again click select all and press delete.Than you will have finish button press it and done.Now install the software again and see if it works.If by chance it still doesn't work than there is a issue with windows itself try restoring it back to the day the application was functional.Windows media player will only have if the codec has any relation to it or else it wont matter
Sorry for leanghty guide but by the looks your a beginner in pc world so had to put all steps.

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
okay now how do i say this, how embarrasing!!!!

THE WHOLE TIME, MY COMPUTER VOLUME SYSTEM WAS ON HIGH AND 100% SOUND, BUT....

THE MUTE BUTTON WAS ON AND I DID NOT NOTICE IT.

ARE YOU GUYS ANGRY WITH ME??? IM SORRY BUT I AM SLOW AND I HAD NO IDEA. I THINK BECAUSE I WAS IMPATIENT AND REALLY UPSET, EVERYTHING BLOCKED AWAY IN MY HEAD LEAVING TO ONLY THINK NOTHING

FORGIVE ME ALL.

abdul-aziz

alhumdulillah,

very happy you have it solved,

by the way salaat time, will give you advance warning of the salaat time by saying bismillah; whatever minutes you set, that is why I prefer it over Athan( Athan does too but you have to pay)

don't feel bad, I used to service pcs for a warranty company, they would send me out to replace motherboard for sound problems. There was a number of times where this was the case "mute" I still had to change the part because of the contract agreement I had.

:wasalam:

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
salam to all.

i spent ages trying to do allllll the above so thank you guys so much.

now, what i did is uninstall the athan for salaattime so i dont confused myself and then i reinstalled islamic finder.

i realised that it looks exactly as Tabassum07 showed its meant to and realized it was the same, just where is says 'daylight savings' 'no' i had 'yes' so i clicked no.

then i contacted the person who i bought my computer from a few weeks ago, he went through things exactly how everyone above mentioned, in the end he found it strange, then he said 'can you see if the volume on the computer it self called Master Volume located at the bottom right next to the time, is this 100%. i said yes, he said is the mute button on, i said 'where is that' he showed me and it WAS TICKED MUTE and thats why it wasnt working and the speakers were.

when brother abdul-aziz told me 'click on your sound mixer check to see if your program volume is lower than the others' i did this and it was all high and normal so i didnt look into it further.

IM SO SORRY AND EMBARRESSED, YOU GUYS WILL NEVER HELP ME AGAIN. IM SOOOOOOO SLOW, ITS PART OF AN ILLNESS I HAVE AND HOPE THAT ALLAH CAN REWARD YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP AND PATIENCE.

THIS WAS A TEST FOR ME, BUT I DIDNT DO WELL BECAUSE I GOT FRUSTRATED AND IMPATIENT. I HOPE ALLAH WILL FORGIVE ME.

NOW WE CAN FINALLY PUT THIS TO AN END!

YOU MUST THINK IM STUPID, BUT IF I REALLY WAS IN GOOD HEALTH AND NOT SICK, AND ALLAHS CURE WITH ME, I WOULDNT BE LIKE THIS BECAUSE ONCE UPON A TIME I WAS A COMPUTER FREAK AND STUDIED COMPUTER FOR 3 YEARS. BUT SINCE MY ILLNESS BECAME WORSE, MY MEMORY AND UNDERSTANDING IS FADING AWAY.

hope you all understand.

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED

abdul-aziz

don't feel bad, I used to service pcs for a warranty company, they would send me out to replace motherboard for sound problems. There was a number of times where this was the case "mute" I still had to change the part because of the contract agreement I had.

-----------------

before my illness when i was a computer freak as everyone called me, i use to pick this problem up too. but didnt know it still exist considering the internet and kids are so attached to it.

subhan allah, the little thing matters. the whole time it was mute. loool its funny and makes me feel so stupid. lool

hope no one else is upset with me. i feel like sending them all a personal message appologising but hope they all accept it from my post.

SORRY GUYS.