Live each day as if it is your last

MubarekMuslimah

Salaams brothers and sisters

A belated Eid Mubarek to you all.

Quite a sombre message from me here - we had a very sad Eid. On Friday, on the way to see our family my husband and I stopped for petrol. As we were getting it, we witnessed a traffic accident - a cyclist collided with a speeding car at the crossroads right next to us.

We heard a horrific bang noise and turned round - to see a car with smashed windscreen, a mangled bicycle and man of about 60 years old, lying face down in the middle of the road. Alhamdulillah at the petrol station at the same time was a paradmedic and she quickly ran to him. Unfortunatley despite her best efforts, he passed away there and then from massive head injuries.

It was one of the most shocking things I have ever seen - very surreal. Everyone was standing around in shock while she tried to save him - I read Ayatul Kursi for him ( though I dont know if I could cos I dont think he was muslim) and we were praying insha'allah let him live - everyone was crying. But it wasnt meant to be - his time was written and he was in a very bad way - he died on the road pretty much as soon as it happened. One minute cycling to get his newspaper or whatever and then next.......it was honestly horrific. I can only say I dont think he suffered.

It shook us up quite badly as we have never witnessed anyone die before like this. That morning me and hubbie had been arguing about insignicant things to be honest - but seeing this was such a wake up call.

Brothers and sisters - a stark reminder to live each day as if it could be your last . Do not get caught up in the frivolity of this life - remember what is important and who is important to you. Read your prayer on time and do your best for Allah swt - your time is written and nothing can change that. You just dont know when it can be - we are not the fearless, indestructable forces we arrogantly think we are - we are just strangers in this life passing through and only Allah swt knows what tomorrow will bring - and if it will come for us.

Please make du'a for this man's family and make du'a for yourself and your own. No man can know where or when he will die - we are the mercy of Allah swt and we should remember that.

Sorry for the sad and morbid message but I dont feel we think about this enough - its too easy to forget. Make the most of this life and each day insha'allah.

May Allah swt grant us the gratitude for all that we have, ameen.

Wasalaams

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
Thanks for this reminder sister:SMILY23:
It reminded me my car accident and how lucky I was to stay allive and how it brought me closer to Allah like never before...And how much I can understand that every day might be the last....Appreciate life and all what we have .hamdulillah

waaleikum salam

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Wa alaikumussalaam,

Jazakallaahu Khayr for sharing and I wanna say "Whatta coincidence!" my friend and I were just talking about how to live every minute like it's your last day because I told her a story about a college friend of mine who got murdered ruthlessly just days after the start of this Ramadhaan SubhanAllaah! He was shot once in the head and his bloated body found after three days in the bathroom.

Since this happened I've been a bit disturbed and became really paranoid with things around me. I commute from home to work at night and vice versa and I spend the whole travel doing Dhikr LoL. Somehow, Alhamdulillaah this tragedy has been like what you said a "wake-up call" for me.

May Allaah swt protect us all AMEEN.

shahidah123

assalammualaikum,

Eid Mubarak to all. Thank you for sharing this. It is a wake up call to us. May we all be better muslims, InsyaAllah.